Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 43,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft or hard bricked?

Tip us?

GreekBlood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Default Soft or hard bricked?

I was playing real racing 3, suddenly my phone screen went black.
I couldn't enter recovery or boot.

I tried this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-gsii-t1457458

I flashed a firmware (4.1.2) from odin (samfirmware), it booted up, but then again black screen.

I flashed again an other firmware (4.1.2), same.
I can get into recovery now, but I can not flash any rom (it crashes again).

I didn't OC/UV, so it shouldn't harmed my hardware.

What to do?

GreekBlood
Old
(Last edited by GreekBlood; 4th March 2014 at 04:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
tried gingerbread. still does the same. Boots up. crashes

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
3 part firmware from Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, flash it (will wipe your phone).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

GreekBlood
Old
(Last edited by GreekBlood; 4th March 2014 at 10:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
3 part firmware from Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, flash it (will wipe your phone).
Tried flashing hopper8's Odin troubleshooting cleanup files.
Flashed gingerbread.
I can get into recovery and download mode.
When trying to flash through recovery, it crashes. Just like booting.

Seeing this error after flashing gingerbread through odin: Can't access to '/system/csc/XEN/system/'.
this means nothing I guess. samsungs stuff not organized..

GreekBlood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
is my nand chip dead? (as myself said in carbon thread?)

GreekBlood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Help please?

Any fix or do I have to buy a new phone?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
What help do you want that hasn't already been suggested to you ? There's no easy fix. Either you keep trying the stuff that's been suggested & hope it's a case of perseverance fixing it, you replace the motherboard, or you get a new phone.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GreekBlood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
What help do you want that hasn't already been suggested to you ? There's no easy fix. Either you keep trying the stuff that's been suggested & hope it's a case of perseverance fixing it, you replace the motherboard, or you get a new phone.
okay then.
Just want to be sure what piece is bricked.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
You have no way of knowing exactly what is wrong hardware-wise (and neither do we); to do that you need to have experiencing with diagnosing electronics like that, and you clearly don't have that experience because you already would have diagnosed it if you could. But it's fairly obvious the NAND is stuffed unless you're missing or not doing something really obvious when flashing that neither you nor us have picked up (and if you've done everything in Hopper's thread, the chances of that are pretty much zero).

Take it to a local mobile repair shop, but beware...Some in some countries lately seem to be flogging people this 'I can replace the 'power IC' fix', and I don't think I've seen a single case where people say they've been offered this as a fix and it's actually worked (they haven't posted here afterwards saying so at least). If you want it fixed first time guaranteed (assuming there's nothing else wrong with hardware) without having to pay extra labour/parts for a fix that won't work, you replace the motherboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GreekBlood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
hmm, problem is that I can't find parts easily in my country.
Taking it to a store will eat my money.

So I guess I'll look for a cheap s3 (the GT-I9300) (about 200 euro). And still run my fav rom on it (carbon)