Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Windows 7 cannot load the driver needed for Samsung Galaxy S2 -Error code 31.

Tip us?

Srini9832
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Windows 7 cannot load the driver needed for Samsung Galaxy S2 -Error code 31.

Hi ,
I AM Windows 7 - 32 bit user .
I just sat down to write all the details after reading all the threads available in google regarding error code 31 problem . Lot of blogs i refered but still my Problem is not solved.
So let me elaborate my issue . I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) . I never had any problems in connecting my mobile with windows 7. whenever i connect it , it gets detected and works fine till last month. But now suddenly my mobile is not getting detected in my PC. I cant transfer important files from PC to mobile. My mobile uses Android version 4.1.2

In the Device manager section when i try to view what is the problem , The device name is there in universal bus controllers with a yellow color exclamation mark . When i try to fix the issue and trouble shoot it , nothing seems to work .

WINDOWS CANNOT THE LOAD THE DRIVER FOR THIS DEVICE. Error code 31 ---> this message pops up. I tried to uninstall and update the driver , then also its not getting updated, it tells access is denied , contact ur manufacturer support for further assistance it is telling.
1)I have tried it in different ports
2) I tried installing the PC kies 3 from Samsung Page itself . installed Kies still device is not detectd.
3) Tried to fix this issue reading the previous threads and posts. not able to solve at all
4)Tried deleting the UPPER FILTERS .

The phone is charging well and is working perfectly. I tried to connect it with different cable (assuming its a cable problem) still no use.

In my Device , ----> went to Developr Options checked and uncheckd the USB debugging mode--> No use .
Tried to update the driver via online software, (Windows suggested trouble shooter solution). ---> No use.
uninstalled and again installed KIES ----> NO use.

The yellow exclamation mark is alone prominent in device manager section with error code 31.
Some one please please Help me out . Will be very thankful if you can help me in this. Not only me , My brother has GALAXY S duos, his mobile also is not detected in my PC.
Tried doing all things that are possible

I downloaded the driver needed to be installed from the samsung website itself , when i try to install it , i am not able to
THe message i get is ---> UR phone is in use , disconnect it and then install This message pops up even when my device is not connected.
Access is denied to install the drivers.

Somehow please fix this , after asking many users and consulting many friends i came to know that my Device is not having any problem and its the WINDOWS 7 which is causing a big problem.

the device which got connected and was working fine , suddenly throws a error like this . i am totally fed up . PLEASE help.

slogger001
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Cool data cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srini9832 View Post
Hi ,
I AM Windows 7 - 32 bit user .
I just sat down to write all the details after reading all the threads available in google regarding error code 31 problem . Lot of blogs i refered but still my Problem is not solved.
So let me elaborate my issue . I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) . I never had any problems in connecting my mobile with windows 7. whenever i connect it , it gets detected and works fine till last month. But now suddenly my mobile is not getting detected in my PC. I cant transfer important files from PC to mobile. My mobile uses Android version 4.1.2

In the Device manager section when i try to view what is the problem , The device name is there in universal bus controllers with a yellow color exclamation mark . When i try to fix the issue and trouble shoot it , nothing seems to work .

WINDOWS CANNOT THE LOAD THE DRIVER FOR THIS DEVICE. Error code 31 ---> this message pops up. I tried to uninstall and update the driver , then also its not getting updated, it tells access is denied , contact ur manufacturer support for further assistance it is telling.
1)I have tried it in different ports
2) I tried installing the PC kies 3 from Samsung Page itself . installed Kies still device is not detectd.
3) Tried to fix this issue reading the previous threads and posts. not able to solve at all
4)Tried deleting the UPPER FILTERS .

The phone is charging well and is working perfectly. I tried to connect it with different cable (assuming its a cable problem) still no use.

In my Device , ----> went to Developr Options checked and uncheckd the USB debugging mode--> No use .
Tried to update the driver via online software, (Windows suggested trouble shooter solution). ---> No use.
uninstalled and again installed KIES ----> NO use.

The yellow exclamation mark is alone prominent in device manager section with error code 31.
Some one please please Help me out . Will be very thankful if you can help me in this. Not only me , My brother has GALAXY S duos, his mobile also is not detected in my PC.
Tried doing all things that are possible

I downloaded the driver needed to be installed from the samsung website itself , when i try to install it , i am not able to
THe message i get is ---> UR phone is in use , disconnect it and then install This message pops up even when my device is not connected.
Access is denied to install the drivers.

Somehow please fix this , after asking many users and consulting many friends i came to know that my Device is not having any problem and its the WINDOWS 7 which is causing a big problem.

the device which got connected and was working fine , suddenly throws a error like this . i am totally fed up . PLEASE help.
it may looking awkward but try another data cable to connect it may work for u
Device:- χρєяια тιρσ

☞๓ұ ∂єνιє αu ☜

RΩM:- □ѕтσк ιѕ ■υѕтσм 尺m (cm 10)

Яσσт:- ■яσσтє∂ □υияσσтє∂

Вσσтℓσα∂єя:- □ℓσкє∂ ■υиℓσкє∂

яєσνєяу:- ■ωм □тωяρ

нιт тнαикѕ αℓѕσ

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Given it's more than likely (99.9999%) a Windoze problem, what exactly do you expect anyone here to do about it (or Samsung for that matter) ?
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?