Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wrong timestamps after restoring SMS/MMS

Tip us?

officiallyme
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Default Wrong timestamps after restoring SMS/MMS

hello all

i have been using MyBackup Pro to backup and restore my SMS messages. But after restoring them, the stock sms app (slimsaber, rootbox, resurrection remix) always shows the restoration time as the time of the last message of each thread.
but only in the list view.

so when i open the sms app, i see all the threads with the different people, but they are unsorted because tge timestamp shows the restoration time.
when i open a thread, all messages show the correct time for sent and received.

MyBackup support claims that this should be fixed by the SMS app when opening the threads. the time should be reapplied and everything sorted correctly. this is, however, not the case.
does anybody know a fix or know an sms app that will correctly sort the messages again?

thank you all
alex

Sun90
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8785
Quote:
Originally Posted by officiallyme View Post
hello all

i have been using MyBackup Pro to backup and restore my SMS messages. But after restoring them, the stock sms app (slimsaber, rootbox, resurrection remix) always shows the restoration time as the time of the last message of each thread.
but only in the list view.

so when i open the sms app, i see all the threads with the different people, but they are unsorted because tge timestamp shows the restoration time.
when i open a thread, all messages show the correct time for sent and received.

MyBackup support claims that this should be fixed by the SMS app when opening the threads. the time should be reapplied and everything sorted correctly. this is, however, not the case.
does anybody know a fix or know an sms app that will correctly sort the messages again?

thank you all
alex
I use "SMS Backup & Restore" app , and havent had any issue so far
"Knowledge Stays Fresh if Shared else Rots"
Please:

officiallyme
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
sms backup and restore does NOT backup mms.
plus, i need something to fix the timestamp now that i have restored the messages

officiallyme
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
anybody?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Use the XML backup/restore feature in TiBu Pro.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xn5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Use the XML backup/restore feature in TiBu Pro.
Try the method MistahBungle suggests and it's work. Just restore from MyBackup Pro first, then backup data to XML and restore data to XML in Titanium Backup Pro. Timestamps on all threads are correct now.

officiallyme
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
i tried Titanium Backup.
But for some reason it always leaves between one and three threads unsorted. They have the time of restore.
But which is completely random. I have restored the sms/mms messages 8 times now and each time a different set of threads has the wron timestamp and is placed at the top of the list.
of course each time using the same backup.

i also tried two other backups and they had the same result.

is there a trick to it?
i deleted the db files. rebooted. restored. rebooted. opened sms app.
each restoring takes about 30min (15500 messages)