Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,567 Members 42,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[26/7][XXKG3] VillainROM 2.3 for SGS2 < The ROM Noonski couldn't drain the battery on

Tip us?

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,998

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabman View Post
Ya'll might want to just hang for a little longer, chainfire is supposed to update tomorrow. Been waiting to download myself as I I'm thinking there may be 1.2.1 update here shortly. Can you folks that downloaded already confirm if this is pda only or includes the radio?
Its PDA only, no radio included in this ROM.

[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One M7 (Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

Code:
Select Code
HTC One Vivid Blue with Firmware 5.11.401.10 (hboot 1.57, no red text mod!) running RenovateROM Sixth Sense 4.4.2 Nightly and Kangaroo Kernel 
LG Nexus 4 running AOKPK Daily and AK Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)
The Following User Says Thank You to geko95gek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krabman
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Thanks, man. Was kind of hoping that, wanted to see how the new radio faired before I flashed it.

krabman
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2 View Post
I have the same experience with a lot of consumer grade hardware.

I honestly can't find the difference between 500 mhz on this rom, and 1.2 on stock...

I did a double blind test... I took my colleague's phone, and set his desktop to be mine, and vice versa, then switched the phones.

He was using it perfectly happily for an afternoon while I had his... then I told him, and gave him his back... He didn't comment on, or notice this... So I declare that in a sorta double blind test, he couldn't see a difference...

So I now give some official villainrom advice... Don't clock your sgs2 to silly speeds, just because you can... I doubt you can tell the difference between 500 conservative and 1.5 ondemand... So try it do you really need to extend your e-peen by overclocking? Yes, quadrant is higher, but no you don't notice it

@nobnut, the above not really directed at you, more trying to save others from the same fate...
I never tried to overclock a phone till the N1. It took some clock but I never could see any difference unless I benchmarked it. Eventually turned to playing with the clock for battery but on that one I found that enough underclock to gain real battery time effected performance in the gui (lag between home screens etc.) and over time came back pretty close to stock.

The first thing a more youthful version of myself toasted was a pentium. For you younger folks back then there were no fans on the cpu or motherboard or anything else in a pc except for the power supply. The cpu just had a big heatsink on it. When I say I smoked it BTW I mean I actually created fire. hehe Learned a wee bit of a lesson there. Between here and there were a few video cards, a laptop, a couple other cpu's. At any rate I'm no master overclocker but I have taken a lap or two and my thought here is that play around and sooner or later you will take that one extra step too many. Not a problem if you got no grief at the result but if you do or would then a person might want to reconsider. Not preaching, just been there.
The Following User Says Thank You to krabman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sexpest699
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Tried several times to load email.apk and it tells me it can not install..

Can someone provide more info how to push it? I am not a noob, but I hardly ever used ADB push..

Thanks, and thanks for the 1.2 version. I am looking for better battery life.. mine sucked until now..
Using something like root explorer. Copy Apk's to location

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

ams84
Old
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
awesome!!
installing via CWM

BigE
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by armanisafarai View Post
well i can't remove the yellow triangle because everytime i try to flash stock kernel i get wifi issue and i can't flash KE7 chanfire kernel from his app.
Just get a USB dongle off EBay.. $7.99 and poof your yellow triangle will be gone..

krabman
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Cant recall if it was supercurio or chainfire that was saying there is an internal counter but that was said.

jorelleperds
Old
Thanks Meter 2
OK, just to make sure, I have to...
1) Be based on ANY KE7 ROM with CWM (so chainfire's kernel because that's the only one I know of that has CWM at the moment)
2) Format /system, /data, /cache and dalvik cache from CWM
3) Push/Copy the fixed apks to /system/app (I saw a post somewhere where it said /data/apk but I couldn't find it)

and also, do I have to be on full battery before I flash this? Do I need to reflash KE7 (or any other, stock or CF-Rooted) kernel after installation?
What people actually read is your signature, not your post.

BMWpokerAce
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Hey guys,

I am about to release the "Steel Blue CM7 Theme" soon for S2 but i need the

Frameworl-res.apk & SystemUI.apk from VillainROM 1.2.

Could someone plz upload it here?

THX
If You like my work, buy me an Ice Cold Red Bull
with This Button
-------->
<---------> or just say Thank You with This Button ---------v

gabri741
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWpokerAce View Post
Hey guys,

I am about to release the "Steel Blue CM7 Theme" soon for S2 but i need the

Frameworl-res.apk & SystemUI.apk from VillainROM 1.2.

Could someone plz upload it here?

THX
You can download the ROM, then extract it from /system/framework/framework-res.apk and /system/app/SystemUI.apk!

Tags
2.3.4, awesomesauce, battery life, best rom, custom rom, i'm having pulser's baby, kg1, kg2, lenny rocks, villainrom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe