Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[30.10.2012][CF-Root 5.6] K**,LA*,LP-126BHJQ73SC89DEFWGKIQOTUXY,LQ-5B - su+bb+CWM4/5

Tip us?

NoRmAlY_CrAzY
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by koodiifin View Post
I just flashed the CF-Root kernel for my device using the InitialCFRootFlasher.zip file that Chainfire created for the Galaxy Note. It gives you two batch files, one for an already rooted device and one for not rooted yet. I had already rooted my device using Doomlords zergrush batch file, so I simply put the CF-root kernel file that I wanted in the correct folder, connected device to PC, ran the "already-rooted.bat" batch file, and it worked.

So i've got CWM and root without using Odin or touching the custom ROM counter (no triangle).

Is there a reason why Chainfire has made this method for the Galaxy Note and not for us, when it seems to work fine for both...? Thanks.

here's the link to the Note CF-Root post that explains this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2

edit: I guess you should keep in mind that this will only work if your able to root your device using the zergrush method. Or you had somehow already obtained root without touching your custom ROM counter.
Thanks.
Confirmed working fine.
Just rooted a friend's S2,I was also a bit surprised why this method is not in the OP of S2-CF.Rooted my NOTE with the same method.Should be made sticky or can be added to the OP.It's a simple method and there is not use of ODIN and triangles are miles away
Phone? Tablet? Feel Free, It’s Galaxy Note”
The Following User Says Thank You to NoRmAlY_CrAzY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mgmate
Old
Thanks Meter 22
For people in LP3 with LP7 CF-root kernel

I tested as some people says and it works, but ... not as smooth as with the original kernel.

Finally I follow the Mobile Odin path to use the original kernel and it is more smooth than the LP7 kernel... maybe a placebo effect...

So I am root but I do not have CWM to be able to restore/make backups, so waiting impatiently to Chainfire kernel for this version ...

In that short time my view is LP2 is more battery friendly that LP3, but as I am travelling and I did not do a controled testing I can not say more than that!

Regards,
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: Wanam 2.4
Removed Samsunmg bloatware.

zxc30
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AShadowX View Post
That's because KE7 is a pretty old firmware, so only 4.0 is added for it. CF-Root 5.4 is added for ICS builds and later.

You should still use 4.0, it will still give you root and superuser access, and works great with no problems.
Yes I use 4.0 and it works good.

So what other newer firmare can I use in my sg2?

Deeco7
Old
Thanks Meter 389
If I was to use Wanamlite's deodexed with LP7 rooted Kernal, would there be any problems if I was to flash CF-Root LP3 when it comes out?
∝ Nexus 5
∝ Nexus 4
∝ Nexus 7 (v2)
∝ Nexus 7 (v1)

---Legacy---
Samsung Galaxy S II
HTC Desire

mgeo81
Old
Thanks Meter 8
hi guys i wnt to root my phone can u please tell which file i have to dowload becos i cant find it
my phone says GINGERBREAD.XWKI4

thanks guys

drelite08
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeo81 View Post
hi guys i wnt to root my phone can u please tell which file i have to dowload becos i cant find it

thanks guys
xeoki4

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

It_ler
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeo81 View Post

thanks guys
Please use XW_NEE_KI4-42: 2.3.4, CF-Root v4.2 from post #6.
Device: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v5.1
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANE2 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch recovery
Modem: XXU1ANG2
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.

Phone_Guru
Old
Thanks Meter 481

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeco7 View Post
If I was to use Wanamlite's deodexed with LP7 rooted Kernal, would there be any problems if I was to flash CF-Root LP3 when it comes out?
No. In fact, the creator of Wanam would probably add it himself to the next release

shaq1907
Old
(Last edited by shaq1907; 29th March 2012 at 11:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,011
Quote:
Could you upload that kernel?
Sorry, you don't need to upload it. I already have LP7.

ssauger
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
There will be no problem

The Following User Says Thank You to ssauger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cf-root cwm chainfire, cwm, cwm manager, cwm root, habra cf-root 2.3.6-xwkk5, rooted stock kernel, rooting, samsung galaxy s2 root sii root, tanks.