[30.10.2012][CF-Root 5.6] K**,LA*,LP-126BHJQ73SC89DEFWGKIQOTUXY,LQ-5B - su+bb+CWM4/5

OP Chainfire

28th March 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #5011  
Thanks Meter: 48

178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koodiifin

I just flashed the CF-Root kernel for my device using the InitialCFRootFlasher.zip file that Chainfire created for the Galaxy Note. It gives you two batch files, one for an already rooted device and one for not rooted yet. I had already rooted my device using Doomlords zergrush batch file, so I simply put the CF-root kernel file that I wanted in the correct folder, connected device to PC, ran the "already-rooted.bat" batch file, and it worked.

So i've got CWM and root without using Odin or touching the custom ROM counter (no triangle).

Is there a reason why Chainfire has made this method for the Galaxy Note and not for us, when it seems to work fine for both...? Thanks.

here's the link to the Note CF-Root post that explains this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2

edit: I guess you should keep in mind that this will only work if your able to root your device using the zergrush method. Or you had somehow already obtained root without touching your custom ROM counter.

Thanks.
Confirmed working fine.
Just rooted a friend's S2,I was also a bit surprised why this method is not in the OP of S2-CF.Rooted my NOTE with the same method.Should be made sticky or can be added to the OP.It's a simple method and there is not use of ODIN and triangles are miles away
The Following User Says Thank You to NoRmAlY_CrAzY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #5012  
Thanks Meter: 23

196 posts
For people in LP3 with LP7 CF-root kernel

I tested as some people says and it works, but ... not as smooth as with the original kernel.

Finally I follow the Mobile Odin path to use the original kernel and it is more smooth than the LP7 kernel... maybe a placebo effect...

So I am root but I do not have CWM to be able to restore/make backups, so waiting impatiently to Chainfire kernel for this version ...

In that short time my view is LP2 is more battery friendly that LP3, but as I am travelling and I did not do a controled testing I can not say more than that!

Regards,
28th March 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #5013  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AShadowX

That's because KE7 is a pretty old firmware, so only 4.0 is added for it. CF-Root 5.4 is added for ICS builds and later.

You should still use 4.0, it will still give you root and superuser access, and works great with no problems.

Yes I use 4.0 and it works good.

So what other newer firmare can I use in my sg2?
28th March 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #5014  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 390

1,510 posts
More
If I was to use Wanamlite's deodexed with LP7 rooted Kernal, would there be any problems if I was to flash CF-Root LP3 when it comes out?
28th March 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #5015  
Flag ioannina
Thanks Meter: 8

340 posts
More
hi guys i wnt to root my phone can u please tell which file i have to dowload becos i cant find it
my phone says GINGERBREAD.XWKI4

thanks guys
28th March 2012, 10:10 PM   |  #5016  
Thanks Meter: 132

865 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeo81

hi guys i wnt to root my phone can u please tell which file i have to dowload becos i cant find it

thanks guys

xeoki4

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
28th March 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #5017  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,308

8,457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeo81

thanks guys

Please use XW_NEE_KI4-42: 2.3.4, CF-Root v4.2 from post #6.
28th March 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #5018  
Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 487

913 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeco7

If I was to use Wanamlite's deodexed with LP7 rooted Kernal, would there be any problems if I was to flash CF-Root LP3 when it comes out?

No. In fact, the creator of Wanam would probably add it himself to the next release
29th March 2012, 10:09 AM   |  #5019  
Thanks Meter: 1,011

1,251 posts
Quote:

Could you upload that kernel?
Sorry, you don't need to upload it. I already have LP7.
Last edited by shaq1907; 29th March 2012 at 11:07 AM.
29th March 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #5020  
Thanks Meter: 214

811 posts
Quote:

There will be no problem

The Following User Says Thank You to ssauger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cf-root cwm chainfire, cwm, cwm manager, cwm root, habra cf-root 2.3.6-xwkk5, rooted stock kernel, rooting, samsung galaxy s2 root sii root, tanks.
Previous Thread Next Thread