5,594,221 Members 45,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[30.10.2012][CF-Root 5.6] K**,LA*,LP-126BHJQ73SC89DEFWGKIQOTUXY,LQ-5B - su+bb+CWM4/5

Tip us?

It_ler
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13508
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianghua2012 View Post
Hi, please add me a CF-Root for KH2, I can't find it anywhere, thanks
You should flash a newer ROM and then the corresponding CF-Root kernel.
But you may try CF-Root kernel for KH1 on your phone.
That seems to be very similar to your ROM (KH2), as it is also Android 2.3.3 and KH3 is Android 2.3.4.
If you do not want to flash a new ROM to your phone, just give it a try.
Good luck !

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musket View Post
Kies updated my stock unbranded UK SGS2 to 2.3.4 last week and so I lost root access.

Having a look at the available kernels, the closest is:

CF-Root-SGS2_XW_NEE_KI4-42-v4.2-CWM4

I guess to be perfect the "NEE" should be "XEU" to match my phone, but does it really matter? Would I get issues if I flashed the above onto my phone?

Otherwise, anyone know where I can find the XEU variant of stock KI4?

Thanks!
I am running XWKI8 XEU and used CF-Root XWKI8_NEE kernel ... without any problem.
So, stick to Chainfire's description in his 1. post and use the corresponding kernel version.
The region (CSC) seems to be not important, as CF-Root is only a kernel and not a complete ROM.
Back to your question: Yes, you can use the NEE variant of the kernel, even if you have the XEU ROM installed.

If you really meant the stock kernel, then you can use the one provides by Intratech (=> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278).

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a R 0 View Post
I tried to flash back to this kernel via CWM but it says installation aborted.

Im on Batista ROM and Siyah Kernel btw (KI3)

Shall i flash thru odin instead?
Try to wipe cache and Dalvik cache (via CWM) first.
That is what helped me.
Alternatively, you should use Odin to flash another ROM.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsider View Post
hi guys

i have just updated ma 9100 to stock 2.3.4 and root is of course lost

where to find root kernel for 2.3.4? the first post here shows only for 2.3.3 or not?
I think that you have not read the 1. post completely.
I found the following description:

Quote:
Go to Settings -> About phone -> Kernel Version. Note the string present there:

2.6.35.7-I9100XXKG1-CL349526

What matters most (KG1) in this case, is in bold. Try to find the matching file under downloads:

CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KG1-v4.1-CWM4.zip
So, you need to identify the kernel version of the ROM running on your phone.
That is what you should look for as corresponding CF-Root kernel.
Phone: SGS2 (GT-I9100)
ROM: XWMS3 NeatROM v5.8 Aroma (PDA: XWMS3 / PHONE: XXMS4 / CSC: FOPLS6)
Kernel: Apolo v4.14 (Regular)
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread.
==>> Have a at my latest kernel test results. <<==
The Following User Says Thank You to It_ler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

melorib
Old
Thanks Meter 212
I cannot ODIN, first time no driver, restarted and connected USB, it loaded the driver and showed the SDcard, tried daownload mode again, nothing, didnt ask for driver but didnt show COM port...

Downloaded USB driver from the net, installed, same, doesnt show COM port on ODIN, what am I doing wrong...

timberwolf60
Old
Thanks Meter 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
SuperUser 3.0.2 still cannot handle permission well.

It forgets TitaniumBackup regularly.

The only workable solution is force TitaniumBackup to use the system (minimal) busybox from the preferences rather than the optimized one built into TB. Backups are slower, but at least it works.
Reinstalled titanium backup should solved the problem.

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeX_DK View Post
When I had the O2x, there was a version of CWM which could save on the InternalSD and a version that saved on the ExternalSD. I must thus assume same "functionality" can be mirrored on Chainfires kernel no?. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to have things on my ExternalSD in the event I have to completely wipe the phone and InternalSD.

And if BLN is not going to be added can someone then tell me how to add it myself then since I am going insane from not having a notification LED. I dont know whats up with the phone makers these days with saving every few penny and not ptting a LED on the phone.
If you're after BLN so badly then I'd suggest you use a different kernel. Like Ninphetamine for example.

Transmitted from a Galaxy far far away via XDA telepathy.

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One 32GB (Vivid Blue) / Nexus 4 16GB (my gf's)
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

-TRANCE WANTED?-
|||Stream!|Tracklists!|||

Code:
HTC One Vivid Blue on RenovateROM V9.0 and Elemental Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by melorib View Post
I cannot ODIN, first time no driver, restarted and connected USB, it loaded the driver and showed the SDcard, tried daownload mode again, nothing, didnt ask for driver but didnt show COM port...

Downloaded USB driver from the net, installed, same, doesnt show COM port on ODIN, what am I doing wrong...
Check and make sure there are no KIES processes running in the background. Also trying a different usb port and a different cable couldn't hurt.

PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

-TRANCE WANTED?-

Code:

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)

donalgodon
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf60 View Post
Reinstalled titanium backup should solved the problem.
It does, but only temporarily, just as the deleting data from SU 'fix' I mentioned earlier in app managment. The only permanent fix is to force Titanium Backup to use the system busy box instead of its own built-in version.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2]Stock N900UBUDNB2 FEB 14, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNA1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

H a R 0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Try to wipe cache and Dalvik cache (via CWM) first.
That is what helped me.
Alternatively, you should use Odin to flash another ROM.[COLOR="Silver"]

I did that already before posting and im still getting installation aborted. Flashing thru odin is kinda scary since it's not pushin thru with this CF-root kernel

caanda45
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by H a R 0 View Post
I did that already before posting and im still getting installation aborted. Flashing thru odin is kinda scary since it's not pushin thru with this CF-root kernel
Follow the instructions and odin is a piece of cake. Are you in download mode for odin very common mistake!!! That is the way samsung flashes the software. I only use odin to flash my kernels and roms if required. I sometimes change my kernel a few times in a day as I have flashed different roms. Easy fast and effective and efficient odin is!!!!!!
Do not be scared!!!
Always pay it Forward!!!
If I helped you just hit the thanks button!!!

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanda45 View Post
Follow the instructions and odin is a piece of cake. Are you in download mode for odin very common mistake!!! That is the way samsung flashes the software. I only use odin to flash my kernels and roms if required. I sometimes change my kernel a few times in a day as I have flashed different roms. Easy fast and effective and efficient odin is!!!!!!
Do not be scared!!!
So true, and don't be put off by the extra exclamation marks in the above post.

Bricking an SGS2 is difficult to say the least. Just don't tick any extra boxes in ODIN, only leave it as it is when you open it.

2 boxes should only be ticked (F-Reset time and Auto-Reboot).

-TRANCE WANTED?-

Code:

It_ler
Old
(Last edited by It_ler; 12th October 2011 at 07:40 AM.) Reason: SU update to 3.0.5 available on the market
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13508
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
SuperUser 3.0.2 still cannot handle permission well.

It forgets TitaniumBackup regularly.

The only workable solution is force TitaniumBackup to use the system (minimal) busybox from the preferences rather than the optimized one built into TB. Backups are slower, but at least it works.
Have you already tried SuperUser v3.0.5 ?
Maybe this can fix the problem on your phone.
Good luck !
Phone: SGS2 (GT-I9100)
ROM: XWMS3 NeatROM v5.8 Aroma (PDA: XWMS3 / PHONE: XXMS4 / CSC: FOPLS6)
Kernel: Apolo v4.14 (Regular)
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread.
==>> Have a at my latest kernel test results. <<==

Tags
cf-root cwm chainfire, cwm, cwm manager, cwm root, habra cf-root 2.3.6-xwkk5, rooted stock kernel, rooting, samsung galaxy s2 root sii root, tanks.