5,594,282 Members 42,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] And then there was ROOT !

Tip us?

rdhalla
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Can somone post another link to SUperoneclick ? That link posted earlier is really annoying. Its putting me to wait list and i think its the 5th time now. I fill in the code and its asking me to wait every60 second.
We are all story tellers night after night, But for even the most inartistic of us can still dream like masters.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Anybody read page one .

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SUPERCEDED BY THE CF-ROOT THREAD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1103399

jje

TudorBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Right, just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S 2 and will be looking to root it as soon as poss. Which post is going to be easiest for me to follow, this one or Chainfire's? I am a bit of a noob but have rooted my Google Nexus S but want to be careful. Im still a bit clueless though

rootingdestroyer
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorBlue View Post
Right, just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S 2 and will be looking to root it as soon as poss. Which post is going to be easiest for me to follow, this one or Chainfire's? I am a bit of a noob but have rooted my Google Nexus S but want to be careful. Im still a bit clueless though
This was really easy to follow. If you're struggling at all send me a pm. I made every possible mistake while rooting. Just read read read, it'll save you heaps of time you'll see. I wasted about 10 hours unbricking because i was silly and realised i didnt need to as soon as i'd finished.

Just successfully rooted yesterday. This, is really simple to follow. If it's maybe too much jargon for you, pm me i'll link you the much n00b friendly one i followed

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Anybody read page one .

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SUPERCEDED BY THE CF-ROOT THREAD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1103399

jje
This thread is a bit more n00b friendly and comes with a youtube guide. who isnt gonna follow this?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhalla View Post
Can somone post another link to SUperoneclick ? That link posted earlier is really annoying. Its putting me to wait list and i think its the 5th time now. I fill in the code and its asking me to wait every60 second.
google.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootingdestroyer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Private6
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Attached are a number of original / unmodified kernels

Note that you need to flash the TAR file inside the ZIP file... XDA does allow posting of TARs, but these once are too big, that is why they are ZIPped.
I've got GINGERBREAD.XWKK2

Because I'm a noob I'm not sure what to download now, and I don't want to mess it all up.

Jwtiyar
Old
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
does this work on 2.3.5 gingerbread.jpkj2 ?
My WebBlog
Me on G+

Nokia N73 >> LG gt540 >> HTC wildfire >> HTC Desire >> Nexus S >> Desire HD >> HTC Sensation >> HTC One X >> HTC One >> Moto G
If I helped You Just Press Thanks Button Below

andy25hill
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've just performed the first step and on reboot my phone is stuck on Samsung Galaxy S 2 screen.

Any ideas?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy25hill View Post
I've just performed the first step and on reboot my phone is stuck on Samsung Galaxy S 2 screen.

Any ideas?

Again.

Anybody read page one .

jje

tase25
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Awesome! Super easy, and I normally suck at this.

-Grift-
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1897
Good find Indiana Jones

Devices That I Have Rooted/Flashed/S-OFF
Asus Google Nexus 7 2012(Active)
LG GT540 Optimus Swift
LG Optimus 4X HD P880
LG Google Nexus 5 (Active)
Samsung Galaxy Mini
Samsung Galaxy Ace
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy S II (<-- Best Phone Ever)
HTC Sensation XE

The Following User Says Thank You to -Grift- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]