Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KERNEL][AOSP/AOKP/CM9][5-September][4.1][Thoravukk] APP•TUN•NTFS•CIFS•OC/UV•BLN•OTG

OP pinpong

1st April 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #21  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1,605

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey, does this support init.d scripts on boot? Great to see ICS AOSP based kernels..
1st April 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,356 posts
More
Nice to see, lets Test

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleeds27

NEAK + A few extra Governors?

NEAK ?

This is the kernel where it is said every day for 4 days to come he do? Oh, i know , the Recovery Touch is the problem

cheaper Flame
Last edited by Vaedryn; 1st April 2012 at 05:31 PM.
1st April 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #23  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 21

222 posts
Where is the wheatley govenor?
1st April 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lecco
Thanks Meter: 4,931

4,753 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjetal

Nice to see, lets Test

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

NEAK ?

This is the kernel where it is said every day for 4 days to come he do? Oh, i know , the Recovery Touch is the problem

cheaper Flame

You think neak ics is not ready? Oh poor you that you even don't know what is github and cannot see for how long it is neak ready...lol

Just wanted to reply at a kind of flaming

My motto: good things need time

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk
1st April 2012, 06:15 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,356 posts
More
Where I have not finished writing? Nowhere I wrote announcements for 4 days. Please read first, then write, thank you I do not know what is Github? do you know me ? Made my day. But we do so, have a nice day

Best Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to Vaedryn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2012, 06:47 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adyscorpius

Hey, does this support init.d scripts on boot? Great to see ICS AOSP based kernels..

Yes he does.

Two governors are missing, Wheatley and Scary.
1st April 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #27  
Flag Banja Luka
Thanks Meter: 69

683 posts
More
Can anyone say have this kernel work,is stable?Do I must wipe cache and dalvik before flash on CM9?
1st April 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 14,080

2,953 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinpong

****ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjetal

NEAK ?

cheaper Flame

What is this bull**** attitude? A mere day since it was released and already acting like children from part of the "developer" and his henchman?

The question was a legitimate query from superleeds27's part; functionally, this is just NEAK with several governors pasted in. If you want to refute that fact then do it without the drama.

And as for the kernel itself:
  • Wheatley. First of all, it's not there because he forgot to put it into his makefile.
    Secondly, we've already discussed in the Phoenix kernel thread that Wheatley is a governor created for the Galaxy Nexus running on an OMAP4 chip which has different idle states and transition times compared to the Exynos on the GS2, which this governor specifically is based around. It's at best useless, and at worst worsening on our device.
  • Scary. As bad as a copy-paste as I've seen, not even bothering to change the OMAP frequencies to match ours;
    Code:
    #define DEFAULT_SLEEP_MAX_FREQ 245760
    #define DEFAULT_SLEEP_MIN_FREQ 122880
    #define DEFAULT_SLEEP_PREV_FREQ 122880
    #define DEFAULT_PREV_MAX 1024000
    Also, conservative and interactive governors need to be adjusted to take into account the crazy 16-step frequency table which you implemented, which you didn't.
  • I don't know what you are doing when copy/pasting but you are doing it wrong; there's loads of patch code left over in your actual source code from the original commits.
    Example: you took your commit right out of myfluxi's repository but didn't use git for it but rather just copy/pasted it or I don't know what. It explains your weird "O.o" commits where you actually remove the lines from the patch-code. Not to mention you don't even credit myfluxi for a 1:1 copy of code. Or for that matter, any of your commits.
  • Sakuractive is actually an interesting find coming from a Japanese developer. While it's in itself not bad and even a good idea; you don't credit him even though you copied his explanation from the Kconfig. The Samsung authored "pegasusq" which is included in the Update4 source drop does exactly the same thing and written by engineers, so you might question which one is better.

At best, this kernel deserves to be in the Android Development forum in its current state, and pinpong needs to practice and learn more on his own before releasing anything with bells and whistles attached to it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AndreiLux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #29  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 888

636 posts
Donate to Me
More
At first i using git since a few days ( sorry for the O,o commits ) and then spend i lot of my spare time on this project.
I'm still far from great things to do but I give myself the trouble to understand everything.
And it's not a NEAK kernel with more cpu goveners. You know somthing? Make a diff!!!!
2nd April 2012, 02:07 AM   |  #30  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 202

896 posts
More
Despite people bashed this kernel. Its the one booting on my SGS2 with HydrogenICS perfectly with undervoltage. Tried Siyah, no bootanimation. Tried NEAK and it dosent boot. No matter what, im keeping this for a while

Please add in Extweaks support please for GPU controls
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread