5,606,297 Members 32,692 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][18.03.12][APP][OTA] N.E.A.K. Kernel for Ginger - The last one!! (v1.4.2x)

Tip us?

halkoliiteri
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler69 View Post
You lot forgot to mention that Knzo used work from people he did not give the proper credits to and deleted lines from the commits or gits whatever you call them. Plain and simple you use other peoples work you should at least give them the credits they deserve and not base it that you was the originator. Entropy GM and even Simone have stated that in their posts. Entropy actually did give him the chance to correct himself and give him the chance to say oh dear me sorry for the mistake but he kept on trying to defend himself with pointless posts. And regards to what you lot say about when Simone releases his paid app firstly i doubt it will be as high as the Phoenix app and second Simone has nothing to hide and all his sources are open and there for people to see and gives credits to the proper people so no Entropy and GM will not come on this thread and start flaming as Simone has nothing to hide and he has both of their support. Sorry for the long message Simone you do your thing man i just had to clear few things here
Bullseye. Period.
The Following User Says Thank You to halkoliiteri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zikarus
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
You lot forgot to mention that Knzo used work from people he did not give the proper credits to and deleted lines from the commits or gits whatever you call them. Plain and simple you use other peoples work you should at least give them the credits they deserve and not base it that you was the originator. Entropy GM and even Simone have stated that in their posts. Entropy actually did give him the chance to correct himself and give him the chance to say oh dear me sorry for the mistake but he kept on trying to defend himself with pointless posts. And regards to what you lot say about when Simone releases his paid app firstly i doubt it will be as high as the Phoenix app and second Simone has nothing to hide and all his sources are open and there for people to see and gives credits to the proper people so no Entropy and GM will not come on this thread and start flaming as Simone has nothing to hide and he has both of their support. Sorry for the long message Simone you do your thing man i just had to clear few things here
No, the way you put it it is not true. The issue never was about using others work without giving proper credits. The cause for the issue was a bit more ridiculous since it circled around certain statements concerning lionheart govenor vs lionheart tweaks being true or not.

But that should be it for now. This thread is Simone's and should deal with NEAK and NEAR - btw any news on the latter?

GT 9100 tapatalking
Stifler69 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikarus View Post
No, the way you put it it is not true. The issue never was about using others work without giving proper credits. The cause for the issue was a bit more ridiculous since it circled around certain statements concerning lionheart govenor vs lionheart tweaks being true or not.

But that should be it for now. This thread is Simone's and should deal with NEAK and NEAR - btw any news on the latter?

GT 9100 tapatalking
yes true what you are saying but it is regarding the proper origin of were actually Lionheart came from hence why the lines being deleted of the patches of people who actually put in the work. Hence why Entropy and GM tried to correct him about that..But anyway as you say lets not go on about past stuff lets concentrate on the brilliant work of our Italian Maestro Simone201
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eric-filth
Old
Thanks Meter 899

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I dont want discuss about this and i agree with you in some points. But gm and entropy start de flame only when knzo put your paid app to sell :-$

Ok lets stop post about this and wait all together for super neak 1.4

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Stifler69 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-filth View Post
I dont want discuss about this and i agree with you in some points. But gm and entropy start de flame only when knzo put your paid app to sell :-$

Ok lets stop post about this and wait all together for super neak 1.4

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
i do not want to start a debate either my friend but you lot are missing my point. My point is that Simone has nothing to fear off because he has done nothing wrong. And it is not a paid app it is merely something to support his work. Most of the stuff will be executable by the free app anyway so by getting the paid app as you guys say it is only to support his work to continue his magic. That is all. And Entropy and GM will not start flaming just because he has a paid app because again i will say this he has done nothing wrong all his sources are there for people to see and he pays credit to those who should be credited and any tweaks or patches he has added again the names are there for people to see. So short answer no flaming will be going on here.

And as you guys said lets end this discussion here and all wait for the next update by the man himself.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simone201
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4902

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i do not want to start a debate either my friend but you lot are missing my point. My point is that Simone has nothing to fear off because he has done nothing wrong. And it is not a paid app it is merely something to support his work. Most of the stuff will be executable by the free app anyway so by getting the paid app as you guys say it is only to support his work to continue his magic. That is all. And Entropy and GM will not start flaming just because he has a paid app because again i will say this he has done nothing wrong all his sources are there for people to see and he pays credit to those who should be credited and any tweaks or patches he has added again the names are there for people to see. So short answer no flaming will be going on here.

And as you guys said lets end this discussion here and all wait for the next update by the man himself.
Thanks for defending me mate!

As i said, the free app includes all the special neak features, so anyone can use it without having to buy the pro version

The paid one (that will cost the half of phoenix app) is kinda a "surplus" to have an app to fully configure anything, such as frequencies, voltages, govs and schedulers...without the need of using VC or any other app...

So take it as a small donation our work and not as a "must have"

Anyway, the free app is open source, anyone can find its sources, also i use a git repo so anything i do is reported there, nothing to hide guys (not like knzo did)

I hope u guys understand now

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Support my Work, Please
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simone201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Stifler69 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone201 View Post
Thanks for defending me mate!

As i said, the free app includes all the special neak features, so anyone can use it without having to buy the pro version

The paid one (that will cost the half of phoenix app) is kinda a "surplus" to have an app to fully configure anything, such as frequencies, voltages, govs and schedulers...without the need of using VC or any other app...

So take it as a small donation our work and not as a "must have"

Anyway, the free app is open source, anyone can find its sources, also i use a git repo so anything i do is reported there, nothing to hide guys (not like knzo did)

I hope u guys understand now

No worries mate. Just wanted to clear some things before it got out of hand that is all.

Junglist86
Old
Thanks Meter 7
ok, thanks for the enlightenment..I'm curious

Entropy512
Old
(Last edited by Entropy512; 28th February 2012 at 02:39 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23433

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yup. Paid app I don't care about. Using fraud to drive sales of a paid app, especially fraud based on spreading false claims about others' work, along with violating the GPL (knzo was not posting his latest sources) that I care about.

The Knzo issue had little to do with a paid app, other than it made me curious and read his thread. That's when I found him making blatantly false claims regarding the capabilities of other kernels including Simone's. The Knzo situation was not about any one thing - it was a collection of things that, when taken together, showed a clear pattern of unethical behavior.

The Ninphetamine Rebirth situation was similarly about fraud - Using another kernel developer's branding (the Ninphetamine name) without that developer's permission (Hacre never gave permission for the Ninphetamine name to be reused) to try and gain legitimacy rather than letting your work prove itself on its own is another form of fraud. It is worse if you begin damaging the value of that brand with a product whose quality is not consistent with that brand. If he hadn't called it Ninphetamine he would've been fine.

Good luck with your app, Simone.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simone201
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4902

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Yup. Paid app I don't care about. Using fraud to drive sales of a paid app, especially fraud based on spreading false claims about others' work, along with violating the GPL (knzo was not posting his latest sources) that I care about.

The Knzo issue had little to do with a paid app, other than it made me curious and read his thread. That's when I found him making blatantly false claims regarding the capabilities of other kernels including Simone's. The Knzo situation was not about any one thing - it was a collection of things that, when taken together, showed a clear pattern of unethical behavior.

The Ninphetamine Rebirth situation was similarly about fraud - Using another kernel developer's branding (the Ninphetamine name) without that developer's permission (Hacre never gave permission for the Ninphetamine name to be reused) to try and gain legitimacy rather than letting your work prove itself on its own is another form of fraud. It is worse if you begin damaging the value of that brand with a product whose quality is not consistent with that brand. If he hadn't called it Ninphetamine he would've been fine.

Good luck with your app, Simone.
Thanks Entropy!
I hope it will be a success!

Support my Work, Please

Tags
custom, cwm, kernel, neak, root