Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][14FEB'12]RedPillKernel_Rev1.3[RedPill Touch CWM Recovery by AF974]"TAKE IT!"

Tip us?

emilcioran99
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoggyG View Post
But first I would like to know what base it is?
And the show must go on!
Doc, is there any HyperDroidROM version named... QUEEN?

LOL
Device 1 - S4 I9505: stock XXUUGNE5 (DBT) + CF Auto root + PhilZ touch
Device 2 - S3 I9300: stock XXUGMK6 (DBT) + CF Auto root + PhilZ touch
Device 3 - HTC Desire 600/606w: Stock firmware rooted + S-OFF and Supercid

Remember that devs do and share all their hard work for free and against other things in their personal life, so... RESPECT the devs and their work!

cdfs
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorcete View Post
Ok...dowbload mattedblack from fownloads post (not pongsters specific post) that one should work.
I get a 404 not found on that link. Any other mirrors for matted black?

rudolf895
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 618
What version is this based on?
I mean which Firmware?
XDXD9? i cant even find that on http://www.sammobile.com/
Devices: || Galaxy 3 || Galaxy FIT || Galaxy Nexus || Galaxy S2 || Nexus 7 || Nexus 10 || HTC ONE ||
Get upto 50GB free online storage Sign up--- http://min.us/rWK2Rqm
YouTube channel.
Twitter:@mayur_rt
G+:mayurRT

The right way is never easy, The easy way is never right.

Know how to flash ICS on SGS2, video guide >[LINK]

hax1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
it says the baseband is KI3 and android is 2.3.5.

btw. I had the same error as others after flashing ONLY the base, phone got stuck on boot animation for ~15 minutes, I then removed the battery and put it back in, then it booted up normally.

could be an error within the base. zip was fine.

rudolf895
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by hax1 View Post

btw. I had the same error as others after flashing ONLY the base, phone got stuck on boot animation for ~15 minutes, I then removed the battery and put it back in, then it booted up normally.

could be an error within the base. zip was fine.
did you factory reset?
Most of the time permissions for data files gets messed up when you change the system partition, thus fixing permission or factory reset , one of these option is a must after flashing, You can choose any one now.

Edit:where does it say based on KI3? Are you trying the very first version of the rom? ie v1?
Devices: || Galaxy 3 || Galaxy FIT || Galaxy Nexus || Galaxy S2 || Nexus 7 || Nexus 10 || HTC ONE ||
Get upto 50GB free online storage Sign up--- http://min.us/rWK2Rqm
YouTube channel.
Twitter:@mayur_rt
G+:mayurRT

The right way is never easy, The easy way is never right.

Know how to flash ICS on SGS2, video guide >[LINK]

AvRS
Old
Thanks Meter 2,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by hax1 View Post
That's your modem, please don't confuse people even more then they are already lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolf895 View Post
I mean which Firmware?
XDXD9 is the teams new naming convention not Samsung's therefore you won't find it. Doc and the changelog says it will always be the latest most stable release that they see fit so won't be releasing the build number. This will hopefully stop people asking for a new build every time a new release is available, leaked or official. If themer's take on VRTheme, life would be easier for users and also the themer but there are still some that refrain from doing this but I believe it's down to their understanding of VRTheme rather than not being able to recreate what they've done. Maybe some actually enjoy doing multiple themes for various versions, I guess it's personal but it's up to them at the end of the day.

As for stopping people asking for latest versions now they're just asking for version numbers lol can't win either way but I think they're right to do what they're doing so just easier not to ask but instead mention to the owners of any mods you want to use and Doc has kindly said he'll work with them or port over the work which is extremely helpful.
Proud owner of an LG Nexus 5

hofinho
Old
Thanks Meter 206
sorry for jumpin on the same train but why do you suddenly "hide" the base by modifying build.prop in almost every line? the rom-name is your choice but as long as i dont know what the base is (for whatever reasons, comparison purposes, modding etc.) i will leave hyperdroid and do my own rom. i dont like havin stuff in my /system with no hint of its origin. i guess you know about incidents like that: http://www.malwarecity.com/blog/gone...gone-1159.html
so why do you make people suspicious?

D.O.C
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - The Android Surgeon
Thanks Meter 3,711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolf895 View Post
I mean which Firmware?
Correct. XD is not an actual firmware. I hid it on purpose to prove a point. As soon as I release next base, Ill let you know which base it is.

The point is.

Customized Base, stable, modded to its teeth is better than stock samsung friware, nevertheless it being newest or have new letters on it (I am sure you get my point being a RD)
Take for example Villain. The Villain ROM has not been updated since a while now. Why? cause pulser knows that, without a changelog, we are doubling or triplication efforts upograding whatever samsung feeds us. And look at Villain ROM, Rock stable, solid, fast, bugless .
Sure I trust samsung, they might fix some bugs, and in the process introduce some more, its a never ending cycle.
As far as you can tell, this could be the earliest 2.3.5 base, or the newest one.
Compare performance, battery, bugs, etc on this base with kj3, ki8, ki4, or kh bases, Maybe i ported all mods to a very old base, maybe i did not, the point being I bet you wont find much much difference.
So, forget about what letters this Base is on, I will tell, later, just enjoy the Base, if you want a specific mod, ask for it and it should be done, if ou ask a specific theme, ask for permissions to the themer and it should be done.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to D.O.C For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Id Arcanum Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hofinho View Post
sorry for jumpin on the same train but why do you suddenly "hide" the base by modifying build.prop in almost every line? the rom-name is your choice but as long as i dont know what the base is (for whatever reasons, comparison purposes, modding etc.) i will leave hyperdroid and do my own rom. i dont like havin stuff in my /system with no hint of its origin. i guess you know about incidents like that: http://www.malwarecity.com/blog/gone...gone-1159.html
so why do you make people suspicious?
this is one of the funniest posts I ever read. Thank you for a good laugh, I needed it today.

tranquility
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Guys, after update I get APN in mobile network settings lost every time I reboot device. Also after every reboot Swype languages selection is getting lost (I select only certain languages).

Another bug I noticed is when you tap on Go switch widget to disable data network it disables it but the icon for it in status bar remains active, and in reverse when you tap on widget it turns on data network and is highlighted but icon in status bar is not active although data network is enabled.

Please help to resolve this issue

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friendů

Tags
beautiful, best battery life, different looking, functional, intuitive, placebo free, pretty, red pill kernel, responsive, solid, surgeon