OP gokhanmoral

20th February 2012, 01:40 PM   |  #19201  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 4,513

6,197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentinrascu

I have problems with gpu wend i play games.is bicome verry verry hot in1,5 minute!!!!this is normal??

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Do you OC your GPU? Try undervolting your GPU using Voltage Control.

Also, some games are badly coded to make use of high CPU/GPU frequencies even when it doesn't need it. Try other games to make sure.
20th February 2012, 01:57 PM   |  #19202  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,468

13,352 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherZero

I'm not sure I got all of that since it's really late, but it looks like a good method, if I don't have to touch the bootloader. I'll give it a better look tomorrow. Thanks!

Yep, that was kind of my idea with using the nandroid to go back where I started, but without changing back the boot loader.

Although I'm a bit perplexed about what you said about that only problems I could come across was if I flashed a new official ROM that had a newer bootloader.

Cause if I had an older bootloader to begin with when I bought the phone, and was going to upgrade my firmware, wouldn't I be doing just that, flashing a firmware with newer boot loaders?

If you're careful, you can flash newer firmware WITHOUT flashing the bootloaders.

It sounds like in your case, you want to:
Flash back to original/older bootloaders (be careful with this) - If you already have newer bootloaders by accident, this is one of the cases where touching bootloaders is justified
When you return to newer firmware, be more careful about flashing bootloaders. If it's a stock image like Intratech's downloads, remove boot.bin and Sbl.bin from the tarballs before flashing. If it's a custom firmware flashed in CWM, check for boot.bin and Sbl.bin first and don't flash it if it has these - but it's EXTREMELY rare for CWM-flashable firmwares to contain BLs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #19203  
Thanks Meter: 42

531 posts
If i want to tweak the voltages, should i use tegrak overclocking app or the voltage section in setCPU?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
20th February 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #19204  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 2,686

5,600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianzb0i

If i want to tweak the voltages, should i use tegrak overclocking app or the voltage section in setCPU?

I would recommend voltage control from the market. But from those two, go with set CPU.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
20th February 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #19205  
Flag Ponta Grossa - PR
Thanks Meter: 975

1,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianzb0i

I prefer tegrak overclock.
I had problems with voltage control like sleep of death and freeze.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S2 usando o Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tegrak.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	911462  
Last edited by eric-filth; 20th February 2012 at 06:44 PM.
20th February 2012, 06:54 PM   |  #19206  
Flag SYDNEY
Thanks Meter: 102

441 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherZero

Oh man, you guys are freaking me out about touching the boot loader now. My only reason was to get rid of the yellow triangle that keeps bugging me every time I start the phone.

Let me see if I got this right. I can't get rid of the yellow triangle cause my bootloader is too new for the USB-jig. I should stay away from flashing the bootloader, but I'm safe(r) if I flash a complete firmware like KF3 which according to another forum contains an older bootloader?

I know, it's pretty lot of effort to just get rid of a yellow triangle, but it's almost bugging me even more now when I know can't get rid of it...

And sorry for the OT.

You do realise, I hope, that a little yellow triangle (quite a pretty looking one at that!), that appears for 2-3 seconds, and only when you boot your phone,is completely harmless and not going to blow up the world as we know it?
My god! How many times a year do you boot your phone?
Really, is it so terrible to look at?
If you learn to live with "THE TRIANGLE", you will save on the cost of a psyciatrist! LOL
20th February 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #19207  
Thanks Meter: 53

717 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochewer

You do realise, I hope, that a little yellow triangle (quite a pretty looking one at that!), that appears for 2-3 seconds, and only when you boot your phone,is completely harmless and not going to blow up the world as we know it?
If you learn to live with "THE TRIANGLE", you will save on the cost of a psyciatrist! LOL

I like the triangle...

Sign of a rooted phone

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s2dh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2012, 07:33 PM   |  #19208  
Flag Amaliada
Thanks Meter: 617

2,513 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochewer

The triangle won't destroy the world as we know it?****,time for plan B.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tolis626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #19209  
Thanks Meter: 34

231 posts
You only have to get rid of the triangle once and then flash everything using Cwm. It's not hard.
20th February 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #19210  
Flag Ponta Grossa - PR
Thanks Meter: 975

1,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2dh

I like the triangle...

Sign of a rooted phone

LoL
I like it

Enviado do meu Galaxy S2 usando o Tapatalk

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.magicconfig+siyah kernel= godlike!, aio app generic configuration interface, best of the best, gokhanmoral, kernel, kernel ota, samsung galaxy sii, siyah, siyahkernel
Previous Thread Next Thread