[KERNEL][19FEB] SiyahKernel v6.0b5

OP gokhanmoral

14th April 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #3921  
Flag Lausanne
Thanks Meter: 44

299 posts
nor USB Mass storage nor MTP works for me on siyah 3.1 RC3, I had to revert on Siyah v3.1RC2
Does any one have the sme problem on Officail MIUI 2.4.13 ???

Thanks ...
The Following User Says Thank You to kilian7th For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #3922  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 26

207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilian7th

nor USB Mass storage nor MTP works for me on siyah 3.1 RC3, I had to revert on Siyah v3.1RC2
Does any one have the sme problem on Officail MIUI 2.4.13 ???

Thanks ...

USB mass storage damn what do you people use ur phones for lol (MTP works fine on latest release dont worry about it it is related to his phone)

I've never connected USB devices to my phone why dont you just get a laptop computer.

Edit - I didn't realize ur on MIUI I suggest to use samsung official firmware it has no bugs and runs great.
Last edited by tazer4; 14th April 2012 at 05:39 PM.
14th April 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #3923  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 91

253 posts
More
i haven't this issue. mtp works fine on rc3. try to wipe dalvik and reboot. sometimes this produce wonders

oh, but i'm using omega v9, not MIUI.
14th April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #3924  
Flag Hamburg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 6

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims34

Will it work on Stock 2.3.6? Or I have to update to 4.0.3? I think the stock roms are the best, that's why i'm asking

Only working in ICS (see thread title)
14th April 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #3925  
Flag Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
Thanks Meter: 464

1,600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims34

Will it work on Stock 2.3.6? Or I have to update to 4.0.3? I think the stock roms are the best, that's why i'm asking

This kernel is for ICS. So Android 4.0.3 and above ROMs.

Samsung has released several ICS ROMs, that are also stock roms. Flash LP7, it's nice as far as I have heard.
14th April 2012, 06:05 PM   |  #3926  
Thanks Meter: 57

1,055 posts
Hey gokhanmoral...which rom do you recommend for your kernel?stock?any custom?i care most for stability+batt life...speed has always been good on this device no matter what i do..
14th April 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #3927  
Flag Lausanne
Thanks Meter: 44

299 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazer4

USB mass storage damn what do you people use ur phones for lol (MTP works fine on latest release dont worry about it it is related to his phone)

I've never connected USB devices to my phone why dont you just get a laptop computer.

Edit - I didn't realize ur on MIUI I suggest to use samsung official firmware it has no bugs and runs great.

Thanks for your advice, try Miui for two wewks and you'll find samsung official rom uninteresting.... I have hydrog3n on second rom but it's quite incomplete ....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
samit.mahap
14th April 2012, 06:19 PM   |  #3928  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Dear Gokhan,

There was this nagging problem with CM9 roms (irrespective of stock or Siyah kernel) where in I was not able to play videos of a particular 720p format, (unfortunately all movies that I watched on my phone were in that format) http://db.tt/ErqlGi3S in the hardware decoder mode. I was successfully able to play the same in mx player in s/w fast mode but in h/w mode got a "this video format is not supported error message"(logcat attached). However the very same video file played like a dream on Sammy ICS roms (irrespective of stock or Siyah kernel) in hardware decoder mode in mx and dice player. If that wasn't enough, I was able to play sample 720p, blue ray format video files uploaded by various xda members on cm9 roms in hardware decoder mode except for the ones that I have just shared.

Today Codeworkx confirmed that it's the google aac encoder which fails on my video, he wasn't even able to play the same video on his Google Nexus. It seems Samsung provides its own aac encoder.

I am extremely happy that now with the double boot feature, I am able to switch to a Samsung ICS rom to watch/present movies/presentations made in the shared format in the h/w mode. Thank you for that

BLN works like a charm for calls and text on both roms(phone sleeps well and no wakelocks

0UJ49790R5385090V
Attached Files
File Type: txt new 6.txt - [Click for QR Code] (17.8 KB, 2 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #3929  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 1,882

4,669 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2busy

Hey gokhanmoral...which rom do you recommend for your kernel?stock?any custom?i care most for stability+batt life...speed has always been good on this device no matter what i do..

just backup ur rom then try any rom u like if u wanna full iCS experiences try cm9 or HyDrOG3N-ICS( u will really like it it based on cm9 +aokp)
or try sammy based rom
14th April 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #3930  
Thanks Meter: 47

240 posts
Donate to Me
More
The new 3.1rc3
Does this release is good for Foxhound Psycho Mantis ROM?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery life, cwm touch 6.0.1.1, dualboot, extweaks with sound booster, ics, jelly bean, kernel that walk in the path of heaven, legendary, stable, stweaks
Previous Thread Next Thread