Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][19FEB] SiyahKernel v6.0b5

Tip us?

Karpfenhai
Old
Thanks Meter 2,323

DONATE TO ME
First impressions of RC5, the cpu step jumping thing seems to be completely gone, means, my phone is not longer using frequencies above 800 MHZ as set in voltage control:

Brilliant, lets hope the battery drain is solved too!
Galaxy SII + Nexus 10 32Gb,
What else?
Maintaining, HTC Sensation (Pyramid), Galaxy SIII / IV , Zopo P980 + other Phones and Tablets..

eric-filth
Old
Thanks Meter 974

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA mark View Post
For me RC4 is solid. Very very smooth and fast, no problems/freezes/reboots, best on battery life till now. Running Hydrogen 14/04.

I did a fresh install though of my ROM + kernel, deleting data, system, etc. The best way to avoid any problems
RC5 is a lot of smooth and perfect scrolling in both rom (cm9 and xwlp7).

But i had problem only with CM9 when i will undervolt. Now im using xwlp7 and undervolt is ok.

I did made fresh install as aways.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ermacwins
Old
Thanks Meter 673

DONATE TO ME
Current setup No External SDcard
MIUI as Primary Rom
Aokp Hydrogen secondary
I canít open gallery as it says no external storage available or use the camera, it says insert sdcard
Is there a work around without using a sdcard?
LG Nexus 4: AOSPAL 4.0 [BETA6] 20140222
Samsung Galaxy SII: AOSP NeatROM v2.8
LG G PAD 8.3: Paranoid Android 4.1 Beta 2
iPad 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post44803298

Karpfenhai
Old
(Last edited by Karpfenhai; 16th April 2012 at 10:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-filth View Post
RC5 is a lot of smooth and perfect scrolling in both rom (cm9 and xwlp7).

But i had problem only with CM9 when i will undervolt. Now im using xwlp7 and undervolt is ok.

I did made fresh install as aways.

What kind of Probs? Occasional SOD?

try increasing 500 Mhz to 950mv, this fixed it for me, all others are as low as possible -- 200 @ 850, 500 and 800 @ 950, 1000 @ 1000 but not in use anyway..

good luck!

@ Gokhan, will there be a way to undervolt the screencontroller?

and the memory interface..cam sensor, cam autofocus, and and and.. there is still room for improvements

Screen controller for instance can be undervolted from stock (3000mv) to 2500mv which might be unstable on some phones.. but 2800 and 2900mv are stable, would it be hard to implement this on extweaks?
Galaxy SII + Nexus 10 32Gb,
What else?
Maintaining, HTC Sensation (Pyramid), Galaxy SIII / IV , Zopo P980 + other Phones and Tablets..

eric-filth
Old
Thanks Meter 974

DONATE TO ME
Grrrr.
Hangs using stock xwlp7 too

johnbeetee
Old
(Last edited by johnbeetee; 17th April 2012 at 07:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,334
rc5: can anyone confirm bln not working on Hydrogen 10.4 (primary rom)?
on stock LPQ (secondary rom) it's working ok.

i understand the goal is to test battery life on rc5, so will test some more ; to early to judge right now.

EDIT: I've upgraded to Hydrogen 14.4 and bln's working fine again....
Battery life seems better compared to rc4

olifee
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Concerning EAP-security networks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraN0va View Post
Can someone help me please.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
It works fine for me (XWLP7, Lite'ning 2.7). I had some problems in previous Sammy-bases, though, even back in GB, they sometimes broke the wpa_supplicant for EAP-security.
I suggest you might try another ROM, it should be a ROM-based problem. If you are lucky and find a wpa_supplicant working for your ROM-base, you can also try to replace it (worked fine for me in GB once).
Good luck!

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHraiL^ View Post
When is USB OTG coming for keyboard and mouse?
  • It is on his todo list (read back 'some' pages to find gokhans awesome astonishingly long todo-list).
  • This means it will come!
  • It will come when it's ready!
So just wait a bit more, as it is already on his list (and not as straightforward to implement as back in old GB) further questioning will not make him implement it faster .
Enjoy all the other features for now .

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescendo Xenomorph View Post
I'm using the i9000 version (from my sister's Galaxy S using ICS Dark Knight 4 ROM), I'll upload it here as soon as I get home, since my sister's at home now.
And if you search for in CM9 for S2 user thread here, it got some picture in the middle of the thread showing that interface.

But the problem is: it got no launcher at all, it needs some modification to the Settings page so it can be launched form Settings. And for the i9000 version, it can be directly launched from launcher. First run is OK, second run FC.

And I managed to get my screen warmer once then can't change it back because of FC.
Thanks for your answer!
Sorry for my late answer, I try to check in here at least once a day reading up on everything, but the amount of posts just eats some time .

The app 'feels' like it is generated by the code here:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...reference.java
This code generates RGB-sliders and also gamma tuning, however, in the version of the sources I found there, it does not work with our (current) kernel interface.
Maybe you were lucky that the app from GalaxyS worked because it used some older interface .
If you want to debug the reason why it FCs now, you might attach a gzipped/zipped logcat (or use pastebin), the error might give some insight into the interface(s) it tries to access.
But I guess best for the final solution is to wait for the final implementation in CM9 / myfluxi's kernel (although activity seems to have dropped there...) and apply that to Siyah-tree before we 'force' gokhan to reinvent the wheel for us while he has so many other awesome points on his todo-list .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olifee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Winergy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Chinese characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokhanmoral View Post
I asked for a "mount" command output on a working kernel with your settings (3.0.1) but nobody sent me that. and I received a feedback that it fixed russian chars.
so, if you can send me that I can try to fix that for chinese chars as well.
Hi Gokhanmoral,

Enclosed please find a TXT file with Chinese character filename. Please fix the Chinese chars issue (???) in next revision.

BTW, it works ok in V3.0RC4 with UTF8 option for CIFSmanager.

I do love your kernel, thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Thanks you谢谢.txt - [Click for QR Code] (269 Bytes, 4 views)

dee163
Old
Thanks Meter 22
So far rc5. Is stable.

Autobrightness is working.

Will update on the battery life tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

dead0
Old
Thanks Meter 152
i know benchmarks dont mean anything but thought id share this based on siyah 3.1rc5 and my own tweaked dxlp7. this is the highest score ive achieved using antutu 2.2. it is hard to top 6000 using this older version of antutu on default settings

Tags
battery life, cwm touch 6.0.1.1, dualboot, extweaks with sound booster, ics, jelly bean, kernel that walk in the path of heaven, legendary, stable, stweaks