Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][19FEB] SiyahKernel v6.0b5

Tip us?

digeddydogg
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvRS View Post
Haha no I'm not angry at all just stating a bit of common sense. That thread could be put to better use if it was just a general Q&A thread instead of asking for issues that will be obvious seeing as it's not fully supported.
Our right. But fighting it is a waste of time. Look at the cm9 thread. Over a 1000 posts. Half stupid questions. Half flaming. One is just as bad as the other.
As fot the other thread. What the harm in trying it. Good luck to him. I think ts a good ideA Because it will keep people away from here banging on about boot loop and eta's. Worth having it to see if it proves useful.

rice and pea(ce)

eric-filth
Old
Thanks Meter 974

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpfenhai View Post
Just read the OP with care, EXtweaks and voltage control work like a treat for me,

GB-undervolts are running fine -100 everywhere
You use same values from GB in ICS using siyah beta 4?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

gabx
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvRS View Post
it's also nothing to do with development therefore is only a general thread at best but I'm sure that will be soon moved however irrelevant it may be.

I already see some user questions being bounced between the two threads, so I think it can help. Furtermore, communication between the two devs are not, let's say, very friendly (MTP issue as an example), and users can sometimes pay the bill.
If nobody cares of this thread, that's OK and let it die slowly and end its unuseful life in the last pages of the Forum!

Btw, i asked to move it to the General section, and it has already been moved.

Thank you for your warm support!

digeddydogg
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabx View Post
I already see some user questions being bounced between the two threads, so I think it can help. Furtermore, communication between the two devs are not, let's say, very friendly (MTP issue as an example), and users can sometimes pay the bill.
If nobody cares of this thread, that's OK and let it die slowly and end its unuseful life in the last pages of the Forum!

Btw, i asked to move it to the General section, and it has already been moved.

Thank you for your warm support!
For what its worth, IMO its a good idea. And worth giving it a go. About to subscribe to it. Hope it goes well.

rice and pea(ce)

gabx
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by digeddydogg View Post
Our right. But fighting it is a waste of time. Look at the cm9 thread. Over a 1000 posts. Half stupid questions. Half flaming. One is just as bad as the other.
As fot the other thread. What the harm in trying it. Good luck to him. I think ts a good ideA Because it will keep people away from here banging on about boot loop and eta's. Worth having it to see if it proves useful.

rice and pea(ce)
Happy to feel a litle bit of fervor. The thread has been moved to the General section, as it is the correct place for it.

I have known this kind of special situation with CM7 and SyiahKernel, and there is sometimes no place to go. And you are right, the idea is to keep people away form the "JUNGLE".

Peace.
The Following User Says Thank You to gabx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Karpfenhai
Old
Thanks Meter 2,330

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-filth View Post
You use same values from GB in ICS using siyah beta 4?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
I think so , b/c on GB the kernel itself did the job (Phenomenal) but i tried to copy the values (loadh et cetera) also GPU undervolting works fine.

tolis626
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Well,since everyone posted their ideas,bull**** or not,about a slogan,let me post what I'd like to see as a slogan:
SiyahKernel : Putting the Ice Cream in your Sandwich
Not the best,but you get the idea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tolis626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

desean
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiedz View Post
now problem yet. only complaint is cant play my mkv movies but will wait for future releases
mkv movie works fine for me using mx video player

Current Device(s)
Sony Xperia Z1 16GB | Micro SDXC 64GB UHS-1 | C6903 14.4.A.0.108 SingTel 1276-7941_R5C | Rooted, LB & XZDR 2.7.154 BETA | Android L Bootanimation
ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 32GB | CM11 20140306

Retired Device(s)
Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB | Chameleon 3.0.3 | Apolo JB 4.10 Light CWM
HTC Hero | Floyo 1.4 | FlyKernel 13

me with extra space for you and me!
Copy - 5GB more
Wuala - 1GB more
SpiderOak - 1GB more

jim-bo
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm4 View Post
Thanks for the explanation.

But risk 4 (permanent damage to motherboard) really is just theorical or real life?
I mean, as it ever happened to multiple peoples who related the problem, or even maybe to someone who read this message?
There are not many devices out there that will ever draw more than 500mA from a USB port - any standards compliant device that is capable of drawing more power should have a way of determining if it is on a USB port or some other charger (as the S2 does).

I have never seen a PC motherboard damaged in such a way, though I have (occasionally) seen USB ports blown out on motherboards due to "reasons unknown", so the risk does seem to be pretty tiny, especially on a good motherboard, but still, you asked what the risks were, and now it is your choice.

When it comes down to it, you can charge your phone fully from 0 - 100 in about 6-7 hours from a PC, or a lot less if you're just topping it off - is the couple of hours you could save that important, that you can't just go out with a phone at 85%, or plug it in a little earlier while you're at the PC?
The Following User Says Thank You to jim-bo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlutIgen
Old
Thanks Meter 7
is there any way to change the language in extweaks???

Tags
battery life, cwm touch 6.0.1.1, dualboot, extweaks with sound booster, ics, jelly bean, kernel that walk in the path of heaven, legendary, stable, stweaks