Search This thread

Blindi1985

Oct 14, 2011
Linz
9h display time / usage

CM9 from April 4th with Siyah-Kernel 3

With standard 1650mAh battery!

Now I'm going to use the 2000mAh battery and then the 3500mAh battery.

That's my Profile:

GPUFREQ1=100
GPUFREQ2=160
GPUFREQ3=267
GPUVOLT1=800
GPUVOLT2=850
GPUVOLT3=950
GPUTHRESHOLD1UP=90
GPUTHRESHOLD2DOWN=50
GPUTHRESHOLD2UP=90
GPUTHRESHOLD3DOWN=70
GPUSTAYCOUNT1=2
GPUSTAYCOUNT2=1
GPUSTAYCOUNT3=1
min_bl=50
min_gamma=0
max_gamma=17
enable_mask=3
sched_mc_power_savings=2
smooth_target=2
smooth_offset=2
smooth_step=2
chargecurrent=1
logger=off
secondcore=hotplug
scheduler=deadline
scaling_governor=smartassV2
load_l1=40
load_h0=50
load_rq=40
min_rq=0
rate=250
freq_min=900000
install_root=off
mov_hysti=5
suspend_freq=500000
GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS=off
ARCH_POWER=on

greetings

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 648
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 625
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 624
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 603
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 598
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 603

zaphod777

Apr 11, 2011
Chigasaki
I will just ignore that bug this time because of the following reasons:
- we do have no change in wifi or related parts except for the changes which changes some mmc related files.
- some random wifi problems happen not only on this kernel but also happen on stock
- I can spend weeks or even months while trying to reproduce or find out all the problems in this kernel but I want to work on something else. I have already started modifying initramfs to support dual-booting and I will not look into anything else until I finish it.

so, I am not sure if your problem is kernel related or not but even if it is you will have to live with that for now or try another kernel. maybe other kernels have some more fixes for that issue but if that problem is specific to our device you won't have much luck. there are very few kernels which can fix anything until some other dev fixes it...
I will look into that problem when I am bored with initramfs modifications (if you can send me log that will help. I already received one from another user) but I am not sure if I can fix that. it may be beyond my skills...

for now, try to change your rom and see if it helps.

With cm9 I have found toggling from the system tray fails sometimes but from wireless settings it works so it may be a rom specific issue.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Last edited:

Gowind

Dec 9, 2010
Cochin
hmmm. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing weird toggle behaviour on the latest release? Not the wifi thing!!
But gps toggling or screen orientation?

Just upgrading from lp3 to lp4 and do a fix permission to check whether its ROM related.

Gps toogle does not respond and gps will stay always on somehow.. Weird..

Its just for my information, am i alone with this?

Swyped from my GT-I9100 using XDA App.

I had that issue when I came to LP4 without a wipe. But once I wiped and reflased, it's gone. But unfortunately the wifi toggle issue has showed up once.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jontoo

Jan 16, 2011
I won't offense anyone but just stop shear again and again same bugs, abouth wifi and other issues just keep it to yourself , or change the kernel. Already lots of people posts their experiences ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Reactions: MistahBungle

elite_gamer04

Oct 30, 2006
Is there a way to create a 'new' profile, I would like to use try the settings a user posted back on Page 299, but just worried if I change the current settings on the 'Battery' profile, I won't be able to go back to defaults.

Cheers!

doguitto

Feb 26, 2010
Hi Gokhan.
I'm on stock LP4 and have an issue. If I stay on CF-ROOT kernel I can use GPU acceleration and everything goes well but when I use your kernel I have to disable it as TW forces close every time it opens. Do you think it's a kernel related issue? Thanks for the amazing work.

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
I keep your previous post open in a tab and also I have one tab for each link you have given open in my browser.
but I did not have time to read them yet.
I try not to miss any posts of that kind, but I was very busy today.

Ah nice one! The developer of Devil kernel for the sgs1 reminds me of your style and skill. He is great at porting and cherry picking useful commits across similar devices and making them all work just like yourself. I'll post a link to his got hub. He's also very helpful :)

hirak99

Oct 10, 2011
Hi... I've been away for a while.

Does 3.0.1 allow setting the data usage restrictions/warnings? This was broken during transition from b7 to rc1/rc2...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    please leave non-dev related posts here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1658647

siyahkernel-ics-wide1.png

Features:
    • based on JB sources
    • DISABLED CAP_ERASE (No superbrick bug)
    • All-in-1kernel because it supports CM9, CM10, Samsung, MIUI and Boot-to-Gecko (B2G) ROMs with a single kernel image. (no Sense4all support)
    • Dual booting support for all supported ROM types. See droidphile's post for Dual Booting FAQ
    • Custom CWM touch recovery with swipe gestures and double-tap selection
    • 6-steps CPU freq
    • 5-step GPU frequency levels. VPLL Mode to have additional frequency steps. defaults frequencies: 66-108-166-267-330.
    • Auto-root. You can also remove root via STweaks app and install it without rebooting your phone again. Auto-root can be disabled as well.
    • CPU Overclock/Undervolt support (we have two interfaces for that. both of them are defacto standard)
    • Tweakable vitalij's value (set to 5 as default)
    • Adjustable touchpad led brightness
    • Fixed fuelalert wakelocks
    • You can completely disable android logger using STweaks app
    • Faster charging for misc and USB modes. There are 3 modes (AC, Misc, USB) and normally last two of them support only slow charging. You can have charging speed of AC by increasing it (especially user while charging in car or using USB port)
    • Cpu governor optimizations
    • Gpu voltage, clock and stepcount interfaces (GPU Overclock/Undervolt)
    • Screen brightness curve settings with original panel gamma values. panel values unchanged, so you will get stock colors and will be able to use supercurio's voodoo display app when it is released. brightness modification will only change auto-brightness response.
    • BLN support both for Samsung and CM ROMs (you can use STweaks, Nstools or BLNControl app from the market to enable it)
    • Breathing or Blinking effect for BLN. (Make sure you don't enable blinking in any other BLN app) Use STweaks to select one of them.
    • Better touch sensitivity
    • Available CPU Governors: Pegasusq (default), Ondemand, Lulzactive, SmartassV2, Interactive and Conservative, Performance, Userspace, Powersave
    • CIFS as module
    • Available I/O schedulers: CFQ (default), noop, Deadline, SIO, V(R)
    • J4FS as module
    • ARM topology support (SCHED_MC)
    • Automatic EFS Backup
    • Lots of I/O tweaks and filesystem optimizations via some parts of thunderbolt scripts.
    • USB Mass Storage mode is working in CWM Touch Recovery and you can mount both internal and external sdcard as a disk drive
    • NTFS automounting for USB sticks. When you plug in an NTFS formatted USB flash it will be automatically mounted to /mnt/ntfs folder.
    • USB mouse and keyboard support
    • built-in profile support with default, battery and performance presets (you can change them in CWM Recovery). Even using everything default will save you a lot of battery juice.
    • Eargasm for headphone amplification (in STweaks) as free Voodoo Louder replacement
    • Almost everything is configurable such as scheduler features, hotplug thresholds, GPU frequencies, voltages, arm topology modes... and they are configurable via simple and free STweaks app which is embedded in the kernel and soon in Google Play & Opensource
    • Adjustable mDNIe settings
    • optional sharpness tweaks from hardcore
    • mDNIe negative effect toggle with home button (press it four times)
    • Touch gesture support by Tungstwenty. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1831254)
    • BLNWW (BLN Without Wakelock)
    • Slide2Wake (originally by Fluxi)

More to come...

Known Problems:
    • no known problems yet

Thanks To:

• Chainfire, Codeworkx, Arighi, Tegrak, Vitalij, Entropy512, Netarchy, koush, Creams, sk8erwitskil, hardcore, Pikachu, myfluxi, Tungstwenty
    • This part will be expanded. most of the patches I applied are coded by someone else. please remind me if I forget to give credits to anybody..

IRC support and chat:
    Server: irc.FreeNode.net
    Channel: #siyah-kernel
    web client: http://siyah.twosx.net/ (thanks to omniwolf)
    Changelog:

See http://www.gokhanmoral.com/ for changelog.

You can find the sources at http://github.com/gokhanmoral/siyahkernel3
    and initramfs at http://github.com/gokhanmoral/initramfs3

Todo:
    these are my future plans and some of them are dreams only...
    • apply chargecurrent modifications even if the cable is connected on boot
    • add optional teamwin recovery
    • make dual-boot timeout configurable
    • implement BFN (BackFlashNotification)
    • scheduling for BLN
    • organize recovery menu items
    • higher polling rate for light sensor
    • remap mouse right button to back button
    • exfat support
    • fix blnww battery drain issue (may not be possible)
    • implement dual-booting with GB+ICS ROMs
    • faster switch between first and second ROMs without needing to reboot if possible.

troubleshooting

siyahkernel-ics-wide1.png

READ THESE FIRST

• Never report any bugs to CM9/CM10 threads if you use it together with SiyahKernel
    • Do not ask questions to me directly. This is a common thread, not my personal inbox. Ask your questions in the thread and do not target them to anyone.
    • Do not expect answers to all your questions. There are some questions which nobody knows the answer of.
    • Do not forget that this is a development thread. There is another thread in general section for those who wants to discuss battery life and chats. If your post does not include a feature request, bug report or suggestion it should be posted to the other thread.
    • No ETA for new version. Even if I sometimes talk about release dates those may change and they change for some good reason or because of my real-life obligations.
    • Make use of "Search this Thread -> Advanced Search"
    • Never ever discuss anything deep-sleep related in this thread. I do not make modifications to prevent sleep and 99% of deep sleep problems are application/ROM related. discuss it in general section. I do not want any positive ("this kernel sleeps like a baby") or negative ("There is a big problem with deep sleep. Please fix it") messages in my development thread.
    • If you do not provide details about your configuration and settings nobody can help you or nobody will care about your problem/bug report. The problems without details (ROM, settings, preferably the version that the problem first happened or the one that you don't experience the problem) will be ignored.
    • Never ever report any SOD issues if you are undervolting/overclocking and make sure you attach last_kmsg log. If you don't know what it is report the problem to the other thread because one more post without any useful information on dev thread will help noone including yourself.

FAQ:

Q: I am having some random lockups with some apps
    A: try removing root by using STweaks app and restart.

Q: What is the difference between STweaks and ExTweaks?
    A: Both have similar functionality. ExTweak is Xan's implementation of the UCI interface (which is designed by Xan and me with the helps of AndreiLux and implemented in the kernel as open scripts by me) and STweaks is mine. I was hoping Xan would release the sources of ExTweaks (without profile support) but he changed his mind and I decided to open STweaks. Soon they will have almost identical functionality, so you can use whichever you like.

Q: Does this kernel work on XXXXXX-ROM?
    A: If the ROM is based on Samsung Stock ICS Rom LPQ or newer, it should. Otherwise, search the thread... If you cannot find any reference to that ROM, try the kernel. You won't lose anything by trying this kernel. Worst case scenario is to reflash your previous kernel or ROM. You can backup your previous kernel with Hellcat's k-tool from the market.

Q: Where is CM9, MIUI or Samsung ROM versions?
    A: There is only one version. Both ROMs are supported with a single kernel image.

Q: What is the best settings?
    A: It is the one you try yourself and like.

Q: I have just lost 20-30% battery by just rebooting/flashing the kernel. Is it a bug?
    A: No. It happens because of our fuel gauge chip which doesn't require calibration goes crazy sometimes. It is not related with kernel or ROM. Just reset fuel gauge chip using STweaks app (or remove the battery and wait 3 minutes) and then charge your phone.

Q: BLN doesn't work.
    A: you need to enable it in stweaks or BLN app. if you have more than one app to configure bln make sure all of them use the same settings.

Q: BLN works in test mode but it doesn't work otherwise.
    A: if test mode works you should blame the apps. Stock messaging and email apps may not support BLN and in some other applications you may need to enable notifications. Either find another application or change your ROM.

Q: Can I use breathing effect without using BLN?
    A: for now, breathing effect only works in BLN. There is no way of using it otherwise.

Q: I need to disable and re-enable BLN in stweaks to get it working again. What is the problem?
    A: You may have another BLN related application (BLNapp, nstools, or a script) which disables BLN after stweaks apply the setting at early boot stage. you have to either uninstall that app or enable BLN in that app as well.

closing the thread once again...

I don't want to piss the mods again because this thread attracts too many people.
    most of them misinterpret the "this is a development thread" statement and use the thread for their self-development purposes.

There are very few people who give useful feedback and suggestions and I talk to them over gtalk, email or PMs anyway.

greetings :)