Search This thread

elite_gamer04

Oct 30, 2006
When editing settings in ExTweaks - where is the .profile actually being saved? It doesn't seem to change the standard default/battery/performance.profile's - so just wondering where its stored so I can edit via Text Editor.

KroonBerg

May 14, 2010
USB Mass Storage

Hey There!

First of all, I love your work and really appreciate what you are doing for the community!

Secondly, and on to the problem at hand, I am currently using HyDrOG3N-ICS (based on Android 4.0.4 AOKP) and when I connect my phone to my PC via USB, and select it to mount USB storage, it only mounts my internal memory (/sdcard) as opposed to both the internal (/sdcard) and the external (/emmc).

Do you have any idea what is causing this and what I can do to fix it? I can provide a logcat if you'd like.

Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Also, it works just fine in the recovery..

mchu6am4

Sep 24, 2010
Sorry if its already been asked but when are we likely to see bln support in this kernel?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Ven0m

Mar 17, 2008
gokhanmoral - I just love your kernel. The difference in battery drain between this and stock is enormous, especially when connected to WiFi networks, where stock ROM didn't want to go into sleep mode.

SiyahKernel + crypted AGPS patch = awesome SGS2

bazzag

Jul 6, 2011
Amman
Just flashed this yesterday, coming from stock CM9, initial observations so far:

- Colors are more vibrant and brighter, big plus for me since it was a tad too dim on CM9.
- Scrolling in menus is perfect, but it seems to be slightly worse in the browser.
- BLN seems to be working fine, yay. :)

Last edited:

marsexpress

Jun 2, 2011
so how do u guys find ics+siyah now?
Is it as stable/fast as with gb?
I want to take the leap and go for ics but dont know if IT is ready yet..i heard there are problems..does siyah's kernel fix those?

Not overly impressed to be honest (note this isn't the fault of siyah kernel!) I find ics to be very buggy and unstable compared to gb.

The wifi often crashes when toggling on and off, I've had an average of more than 1 sleep of death per day since flashing ics, the camera application often hangs when opening it, at least five times now the whole phone will stop responding for a minute then a samsung map service process will hang. My poweramp music player loses all it's track ratings and play lists after EVERY reboot.

Bear in mind that I performed a full wipe before flashing ics, freshly installed all my applications and I had none of these issues on kk5+siyah besides the very occasional high battery drain day and the occasional sleep of death.

I'm not oc'd or uv'd.

Battery life is comparable to gb.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

marsexpress

Jun 2, 2011
Forgot to mention that in addition to sleeps of death the phone has also frozen whilst in use with the screen on about 4 times in the last week.

Gowind

Dec 9, 2010
Cochin
Mine still takes 5-6 s to show connected... but was over 10s on v3. I think its more an ics rom issue than kernel issue to be honest.

Kenny I tried prom's method of rebooting the phone, and then rebooting again with wifi is turned on and strangely it has solved the bug. Tried to replicate it but not happening :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KennyLegend

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    please leave non-dev related posts here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1658647

siyahkernel-ics-wide1.png

Features:
    • based on JB sources
    • DISABLED CAP_ERASE (No superbrick bug)
    • All-in-1kernel because it supports CM9, CM10, Samsung, MIUI and Boot-to-Gecko (B2G) ROMs with a single kernel image. (no Sense4all support)
    • Dual booting support for all supported ROM types. See droidphile's post for Dual Booting FAQ
    • Custom CWM touch recovery with swipe gestures and double-tap selection
    • 6-steps CPU freq
    • 5-step GPU frequency levels. VPLL Mode to have additional frequency steps. defaults frequencies: 66-108-166-267-330.
    • Auto-root. You can also remove root via STweaks app and install it without rebooting your phone again. Auto-root can be disabled as well.
    • CPU Overclock/Undervolt support (we have two interfaces for that. both of them are defacto standard)
    • Tweakable vitalij's value (set to 5 as default)
    • Adjustable touchpad led brightness
    • Fixed fuelalert wakelocks
    • You can completely disable android logger using STweaks app
    • Faster charging for misc and USB modes. There are 3 modes (AC, Misc, USB) and normally last two of them support only slow charging. You can have charging speed of AC by increasing it (especially user while charging in car or using USB port)
    • Cpu governor optimizations
    • Gpu voltage, clock and stepcount interfaces (GPU Overclock/Undervolt)
    • Screen brightness curve settings with original panel gamma values. panel values unchanged, so you will get stock colors and will be able to use supercurio's voodoo display app when it is released. brightness modification will only change auto-brightness response.
    • BLN support both for Samsung and CM ROMs (you can use STweaks, Nstools or BLNControl app from the market to enable it)
    • Breathing or Blinking effect for BLN. (Make sure you don't enable blinking in any other BLN app) Use STweaks to select one of them.
    • Better touch sensitivity
    • Available CPU Governors: Pegasusq (default), Ondemand, Lulzactive, SmartassV2, Interactive and Conservative, Performance, Userspace, Powersave
    • CIFS as module
    • Available I/O schedulers: CFQ (default), noop, Deadline, SIO, V(R)
    • J4FS as module
    • ARM topology support (SCHED_MC)
    • Automatic EFS Backup
    • Lots of I/O tweaks and filesystem optimizations via some parts of thunderbolt scripts.
    • USB Mass Storage mode is working in CWM Touch Recovery and you can mount both internal and external sdcard as a disk drive
    • NTFS automounting for USB sticks. When you plug in an NTFS formatted USB flash it will be automatically mounted to /mnt/ntfs folder.
    • USB mouse and keyboard support
    • built-in profile support with default, battery and performance presets (you can change them in CWM Recovery). Even using everything default will save you a lot of battery juice.
    • Eargasm for headphone amplification (in STweaks) as free Voodoo Louder replacement
    • Almost everything is configurable such as scheduler features, hotplug thresholds, GPU frequencies, voltages, arm topology modes... and they are configurable via simple and free STweaks app which is embedded in the kernel and soon in Google Play & Opensource
    • Adjustable mDNIe settings
    • optional sharpness tweaks from hardcore
    • mDNIe negative effect toggle with home button (press it four times)
    • Touch gesture support by Tungstwenty. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1831254)
    • BLNWW (BLN Without Wakelock)
    • Slide2Wake (originally by Fluxi)

More to come...

Known Problems:
    • no known problems yet

Thanks To:

• Chainfire, Codeworkx, Arighi, Tegrak, Vitalij, Entropy512, Netarchy, koush, Creams, sk8erwitskil, hardcore, Pikachu, myfluxi, Tungstwenty
    • This part will be expanded. most of the patches I applied are coded by someone else. please remind me if I forget to give credits to anybody..

IRC support and chat:
    Server: irc.FreeNode.net
    Channel: #siyah-kernel
    web client: http://siyah.twosx.net/ (thanks to omniwolf)
    Changelog:

See http://www.gokhanmoral.com/ for changelog.

You can find the sources at http://github.com/gokhanmoral/siyahkernel3
    and initramfs at http://github.com/gokhanmoral/initramfs3

Todo:
    these are my future plans and some of them are dreams only...
    • apply chargecurrent modifications even if the cable is connected on boot
    • add optional teamwin recovery
    • make dual-boot timeout configurable
    • implement BFN (BackFlashNotification)
    • scheduling for BLN
    • organize recovery menu items
    • higher polling rate for light sensor
    • remap mouse right button to back button
    • exfat support
    • fix blnww battery drain issue (may not be possible)
    • implement dual-booting with GB+ICS ROMs
    • faster switch between first and second ROMs without needing to reboot if possible.

troubleshooting

siyahkernel-ics-wide1.png

READ THESE FIRST

• Never report any bugs to CM9/CM10 threads if you use it together with SiyahKernel
    • Do not ask questions to me directly. This is a common thread, not my personal inbox. Ask your questions in the thread and do not target them to anyone.
    • Do not expect answers to all your questions. There are some questions which nobody knows the answer of.
    • Do not forget that this is a development thread. There is another thread in general section for those who wants to discuss battery life and chats. If your post does not include a feature request, bug report or suggestion it should be posted to the other thread.
    • No ETA for new version. Even if I sometimes talk about release dates those may change and they change for some good reason or because of my real-life obligations.
    • Make use of "Search this Thread -> Advanced Search"
    • Never ever discuss anything deep-sleep related in this thread. I do not make modifications to prevent sleep and 99% of deep sleep problems are application/ROM related. discuss it in general section. I do not want any positive ("this kernel sleeps like a baby") or negative ("There is a big problem with deep sleep. Please fix it") messages in my development thread.
    • If you do not provide details about your configuration and settings nobody can help you or nobody will care about your problem/bug report. The problems without details (ROM, settings, preferably the version that the problem first happened or the one that you don't experience the problem) will be ignored.
    • Never ever report any SOD issues if you are undervolting/overclocking and make sure you attach last_kmsg log. If you don't know what it is report the problem to the other thread because one more post without any useful information on dev thread will help noone including yourself.

FAQ:

Q: I am having some random lockups with some apps
    A: try removing root by using STweaks app and restart.

Q: What is the difference between STweaks and ExTweaks?
    A: Both have similar functionality. ExTweak is Xan's implementation of the UCI interface (which is designed by Xan and me with the helps of AndreiLux and implemented in the kernel as open scripts by me) and STweaks is mine. I was hoping Xan would release the sources of ExTweaks (without profile support) but he changed his mind and I decided to open STweaks. Soon they will have almost identical functionality, so you can use whichever you like.

Q: Does this kernel work on XXXXXX-ROM?
    A: If the ROM is based on Samsung Stock ICS Rom LPQ or newer, it should. Otherwise, search the thread... If you cannot find any reference to that ROM, try the kernel. You won't lose anything by trying this kernel. Worst case scenario is to reflash your previous kernel or ROM. You can backup your previous kernel with Hellcat's k-tool from the market.

Q: Where is CM9, MIUI or Samsung ROM versions?
    A: There is only one version. Both ROMs are supported with a single kernel image.

Q: What is the best settings?
    A: It is the one you try yourself and like.

Q: I have just lost 20-30% battery by just rebooting/flashing the kernel. Is it a bug?
    A: No. It happens because of our fuel gauge chip which doesn't require calibration goes crazy sometimes. It is not related with kernel or ROM. Just reset fuel gauge chip using STweaks app (or remove the battery and wait 3 minutes) and then charge your phone.

Q: BLN doesn't work.
    A: you need to enable it in stweaks or BLN app. if you have more than one app to configure bln make sure all of them use the same settings.

Q: BLN works in test mode but it doesn't work otherwise.
    A: if test mode works you should blame the apps. Stock messaging and email apps may not support BLN and in some other applications you may need to enable notifications. Either find another application or change your ROM.

Q: Can I use breathing effect without using BLN?
    A: for now, breathing effect only works in BLN. There is no way of using it otherwise.

Q: I need to disable and re-enable BLN in stweaks to get it working again. What is the problem?
    A: You may have another BLN related application (BLNapp, nstools, or a script) which disables BLN after stweaks apply the setting at early boot stage. you have to either uninstall that app or enable BLN in that app as well.

closing the thread once again...

I don't want to piss the mods again because this thread attracts too many people.
    most of them misinterpret the "this is a development thread" statement and use the thread for their self-development purposes.

There are very few people who give useful feedback and suggestions and I talk to them over gtalk, email or PMs anyway.

greetings :)