Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 52,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][19FEB] SiyahKernel v6.0b5

Tip us?

coloxim
Old
Thanks Meter 53
GM...abut have the same app on two rom? Can you do something?
;p

Thanks...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

marcosxd
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokhanmoral View Post
really? I never tried to strip it, I thought it would already be stripped
anyway.. it's already removed.
kernel's inbuilt ntfs support works good enough for read-only access.
and people who need read/write support are generally advanced enough to run some scripts to mount it.
Would you write a short guide, also attach the ntfs-3g zip because it is not online in your website at the present time.

Thanks!

pilgrim011
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenthunder View Post
Not sure if this has to do with the kernel, but just wanted to report this: Sometimes when I reboot my phone while in CWM the screen fades out (hard to explain) and then I get weird lines on my screen (static picture), sometimes the screen flashes in all kinds of colors while displaying patterns (not static). I then have to hold down the power button until it turns off.

What I exactly did was mounting USB storage in CWM and then copying the new kernel on my external SD. then I unmounted it, went back and accidently hit reboot system. Then the above described happened.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Yeah, me too, every few days. Sometimes even power button doesn't help, and I have to take out the battery. I'm just guessing, but maybe it's because sometimes system partition stays mounted when I hit reboot from cwm.
SGS2 & HTC Desire

confusedmuse
Old
(Last edited by confusedmuse; 11th May 2012 at 02:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 200
Undervolting seems to be better on 3.2.1.
1200MHz @ 1175 mV is stable again.
800MHz even runs stable @ 800 mV with 100% CPU usage for half an hour by now ... [Edit: But only if limited to 800MHz. Stable needs 900mV+...]
I think i'll get a nice battery with this one!
Note II N7100
Stock ROM & rooted Stock Kernel
my "music" my "art"
The Following User Says Thank You to confusedmuse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

augus7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I don't get it. Why when I have incoming sms or missed calls, i still don't have any backlight notification. Do i have to set it or install something else?

olifee
Old
(Last edited by olifee; 11th May 2012 at 02:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticc View Post
Hello

I notice in rc1 ftdi_sio.ko module has been added.

I tried to insmod this and it fails.
insmod /lib/modules/ftdi_sio.ko

I get the following error....

insmod: can't insert '/lib/modules/ftdi_sio.ko' : unknown sym in module or invalid parameter.

modprobe /lib/modules/ftdi_sio.ko results in some error about chdir to /system/lib/modules path not found.

Any ideas or help please?

This is to allow me to hook-up my phone to the ODB port on my car for boost-gauge and the like.

USG host works fine for other USB connections - just not this one.

Thanks
Chris
Sorry for my late answer, only had time to try it right now .
You can see what symbols are missing in kmsg (e.g. using dmesg command).
The missing symbols in this case are provided by usbserial.ko. So the solution is to insmod that one first .
Code:
Select Code
insmod /lib/modules/usbserial.ko
insmod /lib/modules/ftdi_sio.ko
modprobe could also resolve such dependencies automatically, but appears to be looking in different paths and not in /lib/modules.

EDIT: Creating a directory like /system/lib/modules/3.0.31-Siyah-v3.2.1+ containing symlinks to the modules in /lib/modules allows to use normal modprobe / rmmod for me
Device: Samsung Galaxy S II
ROMs: Lite'ning v3.1 (+ B2G soon due to Gokhan's awesomeness => installation delayed by longer trip)
Kernel: Siyah (always latest )
Like my post and happen to love TCG? Check out "Rage of Bahamut". Referral Code ozh09059 after the tutorial means both of us get a bonus .
Still not using Dropbox (2 GB free storage + versioning history for 90 days)? Register here (uses my referral code) for another bonus for both of us .
The Following User Says Thank You to olifee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tye:P
Old
(Last edited by Tye:P; 11th May 2012 at 02:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by augus7 View Post
I don't get it. Why when I have incoming sms or missed calls, i still don't have any backlight notification. Do i have to set it or install something else?
This has been discussed a fair bit already, if you search the thread you'll find some good information.

If BLN is working when you test it in an app such as BLN Pro then it is definitely working. If it's not, it's the ROM or individual applications. Not all applications support BLN. Stock SMS is one I think (it does have a workaround though I'm pretty sure) and as far as missed calls go, I think NSTools has a service that can run in the background and enable it for missed calls. You might also have to check that there are no conflicting BLN enabling apps. Check to see if the app has an option for notifications also.

edit - I forgot to mention if you are using CM9 you might have to check/uncheck the 'Enable keys backlight' option, before I did I wasn't getting the breathing effect only the blinking and that seemed to sort it out, it might for you too, if you're using CM9 that is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tye:P For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elite_gamer04
Old
Thanks Meter 104
So I keep reading conflicting things about the applications we should use to UV/Tweak.

ExTweaks is a given with Siyah - but I currently use Voltage Control to UV my CPU - Is it just a choice to use NSTools instead, or better?

Tye:P
Old
(Last edited by Tye:P; 11th May 2012 at 02:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_gamer04 View Post
So I keep reading conflicting things about the applications we should use to UV/Tweak.

ExTweaks is a given with Siyah - but I currently use Voltage Control to UV my CPU - Is it just a choice to use NSTools instead, or better?
From what I've read, I don't think it really matters unless it's to do with the governor, Lulzactive in particular. Something to do with when the application implements the setting. NSTools is supposed to be the one to use for this.

I think NSTools also allows you to set lower voltages for your UV than the others as well.

duykhang524
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by EARNEST_EU View Post
3.2.1 and scrolling is screwed up again: not as smooth as before. Please, fix it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
+1

The Following User Says Thank You to duykhang524 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
battery life, cwm touch 6.0.1.1, dualboot, extweaks with sound booster, ics, jelly bean, kernel that walk in the path of heaven, legendary, stable, stweaks