5,597,354 Members 32,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PROGRAM] Heimdall - Open-Source Cross-Platform Flashing Suite (1.3.2 Now Available)

Tip us?

almorsol
Old
Thanks Meter 10
It worked. I am rooted now.
However, the yellow triangle will not disappear. It is not something that bothers me a lot.
But out of curiosity, why is that? I flashed the KI8 that was on the thread above.

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to almorsol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sunseaker
Old
(Last edited by sunseaker; 12th October 2011 at 07:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Yes of course the triangle is being displayed. You flashed a non stock kernel. There are two ways to get rid of it.

1) Buy or make a reset jig. This will remove the triangle and reset the flash counter.

2) Use the method described here. This will remove the triangle but will not reset the flash counter.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the rest jig only works if you use roms from Intratech with the old bootloader added. I don't know how to remove the triangle or even if it's possible for the new bootloaders as I haven't studied that yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to sunseaker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

almorsol
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks again man!
I will try that later on. It is not an urgency to me. But it is good to know it can still be removed when this triangle starts anoying me.

Regards and thanks again!

wgery
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello!

I want to flash a stock rom for my GSII on linux.I've insalled heimdall 1.3.1 and the frontend version of HEIMDALL.

My problem is that if I browse the xxxx.tar file (the rom file contains everything) it starts to extract and decompress it and then...

It says it doesn't finds the frimware.xml

My question is how to get a correct firmware.xml or how to make easily a firmware.xml and where to put in the .tar file?

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgery View Post
Hello!

I want to flash a stock rom for my GSII on linux.I've insalled heimdall 1.3.1 and the frontend version of HEIMDALL.

My problem is that if I browse the xxxx.tar file (the rom file contains everything) it starts to extract and decompress it and then...

It says it doesn't finds the frimware.xml

My question is how to get a correct firmware.xml or how to make easily a firmware.xml and where to put in the .tar file?
...fixed it...

Now my problem is that is dropping libusb error: 4 (cannot acces devie) any ideas?
[B]Samsung Galaxy S4 - i9505/B]

Benjamin Dobell
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 544

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Dobell View Post
Heimdall 1.3.2 is now available. Here's the announcement and here are the download links.

Happy flashing!
If you've had trouble flashing certain partitions on your SGS2 in the past then that should no longer be the case! Have fun.
Heimdall - Open-Source Cross-Platform Galaxy S Firmware Flashing Software
[LISTING] Firmware with Fixed (OS X Compatible) Secondary Bootloader (Sbl.bin)
The Junkheap Experimental Device Donations

If any of my work interests you and you'd like to support me or help cover the cost of development, donations are very much appreciated. Alternatively you could purchase one of Glass Echidna's apps from the Android market i.e. Anti-Squish.

Google Plus: +Benjamin Dobell

intronauta
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
If you've had trouble flashing certain partitions on your SGS2 in the past then that should no longer be the case! Have fun.
Hi benjamin!

Thanks for the update, works flawlessly!

lownoise
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Benjamin,

Thanks for the upgrade from your great tool!
However it looks like there is a little bug in the newest version
If you do heimdall print-pit on linux 32bit you end with a segmentation fault, after restarting your phone you get the computer phone screen. With the heimdall close-pc-screen your phone will boot normaly.
Tested on a sgs-i9000

I'll paste here the log files from version v1.3.1 and v1.3.2
Version v1.3.1 http://pastebin.com/tSZGA3KZ
Version v1.3.2 http://pastebin.com/MQs798i8

Benjamin Dobell
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 544

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lownoise View Post
Benjamin,

Thanks for the upgrade from your great tool!
However it looks like there is a little bug in the newest version
If you do heimdall print-pit on linux 32bit you end with a segmentation fault, after restarting your phone you get the computer phone screen. With the heimdall close-pc-screen your phone will boot normaly.
Tested on a sgs-i9000

I'll paste here the log files from version v1.3.1 and v1.3.2
Version v1.3.1 http://pastebin.com/tSZGA3KZ
Version v1.3.2 http://pastebin.com/MQs798i8
Hmm, I'll definitely take a look. However, I do all my testing on GT-I9000 and GT-I9100 (because they're the only devices I own) and I didn't encounter this.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Heimdall - Open-Source Cross-Platform Galaxy S Firmware Flashing Software
[LISTING] Firmware with Fixed (OS X Compatible) Secondary Bootloader (Sbl.bin)
The Junkheap Experimental Device Donations

If any of my work interests you and you'd like to support me or help cover the cost of development, donations are very much appreciated. Alternatively you could purchase one of Glass Echidna's apps from the Android market i.e. Anti-Squish.

Google Plus: +Benjamin Dobell

intronauta
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Hmm, I'll definitely take a look. However, I do all my testing on GT-I9000 and GT-I9100 (because they're the only devices I own) and I didn't encounter this.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Without problems with Ubuntu 11.10 64bits, heimdall 1.3.2 and my i9100.

PIT is printed fine and without segment fault error->pc-screen.

mai77
Old
(Last edited by mai77; 5th April 2012 at 05:55 PM.) Reason: PIT file printout
Thanks Meter 502
Arrow error: -12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpik View Post
My driver installation on Windows went well, but I'm getting "Failed to access device. Error: -12"

Any help? Also, Odin does not see my phone!

same here. In my case it is because I plugged in a Sam Galaxy Y, which is not supported.

I then switched back to the old driver instead of libUSB, and ODIN recognized the phone again.

To flash new kernels (boot.img), we usually just dd them to /dev/bml7 after bmlunlock, which can be done while mobile.

it would be very interesting to see a valid PIT file printout. can s.o.please post one ?
maintained SGY instructions and kernel report
Ynterstellar Yphone assemblY on Youngdroid YdeologY

Tags
heimdall, odin