5,595,645 Members 45,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] GT-I9100 PIT and Flash Analysis

Tip us?
 
tamas970
Old
(Last edited by tamas970; 19th June 2011 at 11:04 AM.)
#11  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 69
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia View Post
Thats not as weird as you may think
I remember I had something similar with my old HTC Kaiser.

The question is how to convince the phone to look for bootloader elswhere
and how should the "rescue microSD" look like (is the bootloader enough or does it need a specific kernel/partitioning/file system).

Where does the external SD fit in your partition table?
 
Odia
Old
#12  
Guest - OP
Thanks Meter 758
Posts: 662
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamas970 View Post
Where does the external SD fit in your partition table?
External SD does not get referenced in the PIT so it was not written here, but you can find him @ 1p
 
tamas970
Old
#13  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 69
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia View Post
External SD does not get referenced in the PIT so it was not written here, but you can find him @ 1p
I did some additional research, the JIG specifications say, that a "standard" 301kOhm USB JIG puts the booting procedure in "Factory mode 1", which hopefully means that the device looks for bootloaders on all partitions, incl microSD. I'll see soon...
 
Mackzen
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 124
Join Date: Apr 2009
I hope this is the right thread to post this.

What is data.img for file? It seem it make an hard reset if you flash it.

It contains most zeros.
Attached Files
File Type: zip data.zip - [Click for QR Code] (44.3 KB, 204 views)
 
Odia
Old
#15  
Guest - OP
Thanks Meter 758
Posts: 662
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackzen View Post
I hope this is the right thread to post this.

What is data.img for file? It seem it make an hard reset if you flash it.

It contains most zeros.
Probably is the wrong place for your post, but I will try to help anyway.

Need some more information, like where did you get this file from?
 
Mackzen
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 124
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia View Post
Probably is the wrong place for your post, but I will try to help anyway.

Need some more information, like where did you get this file from?
it's from any "user_low_ship" rom from pda.tar .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=37
(this package even include an efs_xxxxx.tar) ?

I wrote it here because I thought we need an PIT file for Re-Partition.
 
Odia
Old
#17  
Guest - OP
Thanks Meter 758
Posts: 662
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackzen View Post
it's from any "user_low_ship" rom from pda.tar .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=37
(this package even include an efs_xxxxx.tar) ?

I wrote it here because I thought we need an PIT file for Re-Partition.
Since the low packages are AKA a clean factory image they contain some empty filesystems which will erase the named partition e.g. data in this case, another example is cache.img in the CODE/PDA file bundle.
The Following User Says Thank You to Odia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mimstyle
Old
#18  
mimstyle's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jun 2010
I can put a KE7 pit on my android 2.3.4 with KG2?

Where i can find it?

Because there are some lag in home screen.
 
Hacre
Old
#19  
Senior Recognized Developer - Your Daddy
Thanks Meter 2045
Posts: 1,304
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northwich

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimstyle View Post
I can put a KE7 pit on my android 2.3.4 with KG2?

Where i can find it?

Because there are some lag in home screen.
My car is getting lousy fuel economy, can someone tell me how to fit a new radio antenna to fix please?
Ninpo


- @NinpoUK on Twitter - My SGS2 Kernel Sources

Donations are gratefully received and never required.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mimstyle
Old
#20  
mimstyle's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
My car is getting lousy fuel economy, can someone tell me how to fit a new radio antenna to fix please?
LoL

Not possible to optimize this laggy home screen @!# ?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes