Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] GT-I9100 PIT and Flash Analysis

Tip us?

evildave_666
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia View Post
Since the low packages are AKA a clean factory image they contain some empty filesystems which will erase the named partition e.g. data in this case, another example is cache.img in the CODE/PDA file bundle.
Are the "low"/cache reinitialization images universal? I'm in the process of putting together a "factory" restoration rom for a carrier that has no released images on the Kies/Cuf servers for use in case I need to do a warranty claim. Can I crib these two from any carrier's rom?
LG Nexus 5 - 4.4.4 KTU84P Stock
ASUS Nexus 7 3G - 4.4.4 KTU84P Stock
Samsung Galaxy S 4 SC-04E - 4.4.2 KOT49H Stock SC04EOMUFNF6
Samsung Galaxy S II SC-02C - 4.4.4 Cyanogenmod 11 (Snapshot M8) OMMP4 Baseband
Samsung Galaxy S II SC-02C - 4.4.2 Cyanogenmod 11 (Snapshot M7) OMLPL Baseband - Testing

HellcatDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 771

DONATE TO ME
AFAIK the CSC package (and maybe other things) that get installs when the phone jumps into recovery mode after the first reboot when flashing is done is stored on the cache partition image.
So I wouldn't recommend mixing those.

I could be wrong though....
Quote:
The process com.xda.forum.signature has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Quote:
[ Force Close ]

Odia
Old
Guest - OP
Thanks Meter 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellcatDroid View Post
AFAIK the CSC package (and maybe other things) that get installs when the phone jumps into recovery mode after the first reboot when flashing is done is stored on the cache partition image.
So I wouldn't recommend mixing those.

I could be wrong though....
Your kind of right, but not 100%, the CSC files are in the cache.img but they are copied to /system/csc.

And this is off topic for this thread and your messing it up.

bongmaster2
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Ouch, I hope you have at least updated the firmware once on your phone, if its from new and never flashed then 0p3 will also be empty and that is bad news for you. There is no real documentation on the SBLs, but I understand them, what are you thinking?
so am o right that i just have to flash anew stock rom once via heimdall and i get a recovery bootloader which makes the phone unbrickable?

Odia
Old
Guest - OP
Thanks Meter 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongmaster2 View Post
so am o right that i just have to flash anew stock rom once via heimdall and i get a recovery bootloader which makes the phone unbrickable?
NO it does not mean that at all, but you would have better chance to recover should something happen.

sorg
Old
Thanks Meter 565
i would like to remove HIDDEN partition and append those 512mb, into UMS partition.
Did anyone try to mess with partitions?
Samsung Galaxy S4 SHV-E330S: Optimus ROM (TW 4.4.2) & Kernel. CPU OC 2.7GHz, GPU OC 645MHz, non-KNOX bootloader, UHD/SM/360 Camera.
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500: Optimus ROM (TW 4.3), Perseus Kernel. CPU No-OC, GPU OC 700MHz, non-KNOX bootloader.
Past models: Samsung Galaxy SIII SHV-E210K & GT-I9300, Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100.

Odia
Old
Guest - OP
Thanks Meter 761
Just dont change the size of anything before the recovery partition, rest seems fine.

erobot
Old
Thanks Meter 50
what is csc partition?

msjfb
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
The backup partition will be populated if you have updated the firmware at least once, but flashing just a kernel does not count.
Odia,
If I may ask: After a couple of flashes, if one partition got corrupted but the phone was successfully re-flashed (let's say using the Jig to boot), is the 'damaged' bootloader section rebuilt based on the 'healthy' section.
I could not find any specific info on this.

Thanks,
Samsung Galaxy SIII - Virgin Mobile running on Koodo, Unlocked, Rooted

Odia
Old
Guest - OP
Thanks Meter 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjfb View Post
Odia,
If I may ask: After a couple of flashes, if one partition got corrupted but the phone was successfully re-flashed (let's say using the Jig to boot), is the 'damaged' bootloader section rebuilt based on the 'healthy' section.
I could not find any specific info on this.

Thanks,
Its not rebuilt by the OS, but it would be reflashed when the time came, e.g. with your scenario above if you flashed the phone twice then current and backup must be none corrupted.