OP Odia

21st July 2011, 06:14 AM   |  #21  
Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 139

726 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia

Since the low packages are AKA a clean factory image they contain some empty filesystems which will erase the named partition e.g. data in this case, another example is cache.img in the CODE/PDA file bundle.

Are the "low"/cache reinitialization images universal? I'm in the process of putting together a "factory" restoration rom for a carrier that has no released images on the Kies/Cuf servers for use in case I need to do a warranty claim. Can I crib these two from any carrier's rom?
21st July 2011, 10:54 AM   |  #22  
Flag Cologne Area
Thanks Meter: 773

1,026 posts
Donate to Me
More
AFAIK the CSC package (and maybe other things) that get installs when the phone jumps into recovery mode after the first reboot when flashing is done is stored on the cache partition image.
So I wouldn't recommend mixing those.

I could be wrong though....
21st July 2011, 01:03 PM   |  #23  
OP Guest
Thanks Meter: 767

662 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellcatDroid

AFAIK the CSC package (and maybe other things) that get installs when the phone jumps into recovery mode after the first reboot when flashing is done is stored on the cache partition image.
So I wouldn't recommend mixing those.

I could be wrong though....

Your kind of right, but not 100%, the CSC files are in the cache.img but they are copied to /system/csc.

And this is off topic for this thread and your messing it up.
24th July 2011, 02:39 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 4

187 posts
Quote:

Ouch, I hope you have at least updated the firmware once on your phone, if its from new and never flashed then 0p3 will also be empty and that is bad news for you. There is no real documentation on the SBLs, but I understand them, what are you thinking?

so am o right that i just have to flash anew stock rom once via heimdall and i get a recovery bootloader which makes the phone unbrickable?
24th July 2011, 12:34 PM   |  #25  
OP Guest

662 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongmaster2

so am o right that i just have to flash anew stock rom once via heimdall and i get a recovery bootloader which makes the phone unbrickable?

NO it does not mean that at all, but you would have better chance to recover should something happen.
24th July 2011, 05:46 PM   |  #26  
Flag 台灣
Thanks Meter: 680

760 posts
More
i would like to remove HIDDEN partition and append those 512mb, into UMS partition.
Did anyone try to mess with partitions?
24th July 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #27  
OP Guest

662 posts
Just dont change the size of anything before the recovery partition, rest seems fine.
28th July 2011, 11:07 AM   |  #28  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 110

38 posts
More
what is csc partition?
10th August 2011, 02:48 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 5

72 posts
More
Quote:

The backup partition will be populated if you have updated the firmware at least once, but flashing just a kernel does not count.

Odia,
If I may ask: After a couple of flashes, if one partition got corrupted but the phone was successfully re-flashed (let's say using the Jig to boot), is the 'damaged' bootloader section rebuilt based on the 'healthy' section.
I could not find any specific info on this.

Thanks,
11th August 2011, 10:33 AM   |  #30  
OP Guest

662 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjfb

Odia,
If I may ask: After a couple of flashes, if one partition got corrupted but the phone was successfully re-flashed (let's say using the Jig to boot), is the 'damaged' bootloader section rebuilt based on the 'healthy' section.
I could not find any specific info on this.

Thanks,

Its not rebuilt by the OS, but it would be reflashed when the time came, e.g. with your scenario above if you flashed the phone twice then current and backup must be none corrupted.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread