[REF] Solving touchscreen sensitivity issue

Search This thread

HellcatDroid

Jul 15, 2011
Cologne Area
Views and most other UI elements have their own threshold / sensitivity filter.
So even the kernel already passes the movement to the app, the UI element decides to stall a bit more.

This patch only affects the touch feedback the kernel reports to the apps, so whatever UI element wants to move, can move, if they don't want to.... well, it's like trying to get a donkey moving that just doesn't want to.

kgp700

Nov 8, 2009
Seoul
I'm updated samsung's official(not leaked) rom on korea galaxy s2

it's ..
terrible touch response
too heavyyyyyyyyy

it must need samsung's opensource

PsyOr

Mar 17, 2011
I've tried this app, seems like it dosn't change something at ICS...

I have an issue (with touch - when scrolling fast up/down, left/right its loosing the touch) with every ICS ROM (Stock/AOKP)

If you could take a look at my post and help me with this issue:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1767965

Thank you!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As some of you have noticed SGS2 touchscreen have quite an annoying issue - it starts to register movement only when you have moved finger on screen quite a bit. Probably this video will explain it better: Youtube video. (original thread)

I have analyzed kernel sources and found ways to fix this issue, so the touchscreen will behave normally like on SGS1.

1) use attached app. Obviously you will need root for this. Just drag slider to 0, press "Apply" and press "Enable serv.". That will make service to autostart when you reboot, and apply settings after every screen lock/unlock cycle. Please note - some people reported that movement becomes a bit jerky immediately after applying setting, so just lock/unlock your phone. At least for me everything is smooth then. Also you can play with advanced settings if you feel adventurous :)
    BTW you can test settings in this app too - large black area is a multi-touch tester as well :)

2) any custom kernel maker - just modify file /arch/arm/mach-s5pv310/mach-c1.c
    you need to change this config structure (and of course mention me and this thread in your kernel description :)) :
    Code:
    static u8 t9_config[] = {TOUCH_MULTITOUCHSCREEN_T9,
    				131, 0, 0, 19, 11, 0, 32, MXT224_THRESHOLD, 2, 1,
    				15,		/* MOVHYSTI */
    				1, 11, MXT224_MAX_MT_FINGERS, 5, 40, 10, 31, 3,
    				223, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 143, 55, 143, 90, 18};

change
    Code:
    15,		/* MOVHYSTI */
    to
    Code:
    0,		/* MOVHYSTI */

AND guys if you find it useful, don't be leechers, buy me a beer, I spend a lot of time figuring all of this out :)
    link to buy a beer
    GREAT job!! really well done, works without any hiccups :)

PS - if it annoys anyone that the su app allows this app permission after every screen on, just switch off notifications in the su app!
    Yeah, some Apps and UI elements have another "filter" to prevent accidental swipes and the such.
    This seems to have broken certain things. Put ur phone down and with 4fingers make a square. Some touch points disappear now (like on the s1)

this occurs even without applying this fix. not really a problem though as it dowsnt happen if held in the hand
    I only see this work in the touch screen test area. It doesn't work on anything else like home, browser, games, apps, etc. What's the point? I still get a delay/lag like in the vid

same here too!!! please help