Originally Posted by franticjohny
So far I've noticed:
1. Two music apps is one too much I think the old music.apk is from cm? Or does the galaxy nexus also have two?
2. "Play Movies" force closes.
3. Google Maps is outdated. But I guess that's ok cause it gets updated pretty often.
4. The file manager seems to be also from cm? Or is it also on stock nexus?
5. Terminal is definitely not on stock nexus rom.
6. The rom updater shows a newer version number then the update actually is. Made the update manually, worked so far but still the same version as before.
7. Face Unlock GUI in preferences is mostly in english. I use german, so it's a bit unaesthetic.
8. Zoom on 1080p video recording doesn't work.
So in the end I would say, so far great work! There are a few things I would get rid off to match the nexus experience (the cm apps) but I can always remove them manually
The rom is really snappy and what I really like is the clean ics background gradient. In most aosp roms I see clearly the stripes of different shades of gray and blueish black but here it's very clean! And really nice and smooth scrolling.
1- This is the AOSP music, will remove it in next build
2- Will fix it
3- well..just upgrade xD It is updated often so it will always be "outdated"
4- My addition, this is an OpenSource FileManager
5- This is part of the "Root" kit I put in the rom, its here in case anyone wants to give me logs or whatever; Will be removed cause its in the market
6- I'm fixing this as we speak :P
7- Talk with google xD Face unlock is closed source and part of Gapps, so I am not responsable of his traduction sadly
8- It never worked...On samsung rom is not present! It was present (As an "unwanted" feature") on Cm in a nightly but removed cause it was causing FCs...So Its not a bug, its normal behaviour
So next build I'll remove Aosp Music and Terminal and Repair Play Movies
Originally Posted by maxiordoqui
Nice to see another Pure AOSP ROM, isn't this the same as F1 GalaxyNexus Rom for Faryaab? Or did you just take his idea for a base project?
As a concept it is very similar, we both love nexus :P
Well, my approach is much more Purist, he is already modding the rom with some extras (T9 dialer, toggles and so on) wich are cool, but not part of nexus experience
This rom wants to "emulate" a nexus like it is tought from google, not as tought from a modder, dunno If I Exmplained well this time xD
@adamski123 and @Faryaab
I know roms are "similar" but arent the same, BUT I know that the name can be a little confusing for people, I did not know of your rom so I named It "GNexus" as well, if there is a problem, I can find another name, tell me!