Here's some of my feedback if this will help our commarade .. Auf Gehts!
Overall extremely smooth and quite stable for me. Few areas for attention:
1. when you make or receive call the sensors doesnt work to automatically wake up the phone or sleep during the call. I assume thats related to hardware accl. drivers . But thats quite an important part which will need attention.
2. Now no miss calls or voicemails as i can receive calls normally now.
3. Wifi doesnt work on its when you first setup your phone. you have to wait for quite a long time after switching on the button. sometimes if you open apps like gtalk or youtube it will then prompt to add the wireless.. needs fixing. when you are connected to wifi at times you loose the connection for some time with no reason.
4. Headphone audio still doesnt work smooth inspite of the volume hack the volume sticks at one level and you cant actually increase or decrease the volumes. i am sure it will be fixed soon.
5. 3G, EDGE all work fine with no issues. Now there is no issues with Sync it runs smooth.
6. USB mass storage doesnt work unless you go through the drill as mentioned in the first post. we would aspire to have plug and play in future as its with stock ROMs.
7. Camera and Video will need more improvements and i am not repeating the issues again here. even if you install third party video player there discoloring of videos due to drivers issues i assume so dont assume that you will have good video all the time. some movies which i have downloded .avi files they seem to run ok on MoboPlayer Video from market but then the audio or volume stucks at one place.
8. Market and Gmail app crashes a lot during multiple operations.
9. some market apps like wuala sync will never get installed from market due to some usb issue i dont remeber the exact error but some apps dont even install from market no matter what you do.
10. Sound output is very loud for ringtones as almost they will destroy the phone speakers i guess some sort of contorls needs to be there so that its well regulated when you reduce or increase and output is crisp and clear. over the time it would improve i guess.
11. Face recognition works like a charm! no issues
12. Stock browser is buggy and crashes many times. so trust opera or other flavors from market.
13. Music players work fine without headphones.
14. Data usage in settings doesnt configure right most of the time and becomes unstable for obvious reasons.
15. long press home key throws taskmanager which simply out of this world when you can swipe activities from the recent apps you have used. its awesome. similarly 4 way boot options is outstanding and we all would like to have it for future.
16. Galary- i have observed that the galary has improved drastically and its damn smooth and fast now. many thanks for that.
17. Bluetooth doesnt work for me at all. may be i will have some success in future. it doesnt recognizes my pc when switched on visa vis
18. In call volume when you are on phone is also very low compared to other ROMs I have used. fix would be required in future.
Overall I can say confidently that this ROM can be used on daily basis if you are testing freak like me and love Android/Google . The ROM is very outstanding at many benchmarks and I am afraid that MIUI V4 will get tough time struggling to convince people ; compare to what you are producing now- Sptiz!!!. Your ROM is very good and stable and I and we all would like to extend our heartious thanks to you for taking out time for all of us here to give us such a Wundershchoen experience.
I am attaching some screeshots which i took from inbuilt screenshot app in this ROM which is simply too good.
I have been all the tweets, forums from android police, xda, miui, galnet and to sum up i would say people like you who take out time from your work and do this as hobby certainly have lot of pressure interally to create a excellence world around you where you are appreciated, challenged, thrilled by various hobbies like this and the sense of accomplishment you get by so many people is worth the efforts you put in such activities.
Needless to mention that i am running Alpha CM9 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 which has made me shocked and speechless that how smooooth that ROM can be at such a early stage of Alpha.. cant wait for the day when Final stable ROMs are out and we would just snapping our fingers all the way...
Many thanks gentlemen for reading my comments. feel free to rock and bounce..
And dont forget to try to new Beta from Swype keyboard for ICS which extremely good and fast this time.. i am testing too and i am quite satisfied with that.
Bis dann tschuss
I flashed this am. Like many have said I was pleasantly surprised how well this ran for an alpha. Very smooth. The whole NITZ(cannot receive calls or make them, AT&T subscriber) is the only thing keeping this from being a daily driver for me. Amazing work, Codeworkx
|alpha build, android 4.0, best sgs2 rom ever, bitte nicht stören codeworkx, cm9, cm9sgs2, development thread, epic winning, for experienced users, ics, not for user questions or discussion, schreiben sie keine scheiße, use the 'thanks' buttons - don't spam noobz0rz|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|