« Extended steps to install the ROM
The steps on the OP are very clear but apparently some users can't get a properly installation so, here are the extended steps for the installation (personally i'm always use this method and never experienced any problem with RR):
Before of start please remember:
If you have / wanna do a Titanium Backup the only safe things
to restore when you flash a new version or the ROM are the non-system stuff and the user apps, the non-system stuff are write in Green
text, but just restore the data not the app
(Examples: SMS - APN - Bookmarks - Alarms). About the user apps, write on White
text, you can restore the app+data. Never restore the system stuff
, write in Red
text, this can cause FC's and other bad behavior.
After finish your restore reboot the phone.
It's recommended before of flash any ROM, made a backup of your EFS folder, this folder contains information about the IMEI, MAC, and other sensitive stuff of your phone
, the suggestion it's use EFSPro
or you can use KTool
, remember that it's not enough with a copy/paste from the original folder. Information provided by raja.7k and Pigmachine
Now, the steps:
NOTE 02/10: If you want a really clean installation
, check this tip
provided by @THE RED BLUR
« Quick steps to install RR if you don't have root
- Reboot into recovery (Turn off your phone then press and hold the keys: Volume Up + Power + Home)
- Wipe Data / Factory Reset
- Install the Main ROM file
- In AROMA installer select "Custom Installation"
- Choose depending of your taste
- When AROMA installer finish untick the "Reboot Now" option
- When you're back on the recovery go to Advanced
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Fix Permissions
- Wipe Cache Partition
- When you get the step for add your Google Account, if you don't have a WiFi enabled or you can' add it, skip it
- When you boot into the system, it's probably that you don't have data enabled (3g, H+) just reboot the phone
- When you boot again into the system, the data will be enabled and you can do the configuration of Google Account (if you don't do this step before)
- This is the moment for install all the extras like themes, mods, fixes, kernels, etc.
Just check this post
« I'm have a several battery draining ¿Why?
dave7802 give us a very good explanation in this post
Of course that it's not everything, the kernel have a lot of "guilty" in this issue, after read the feedback of the users personally
i think that the top for better battery is:
- CM10 Kernel
- DarkKnight Kernel
- Dorimanx Kernel
- Fluxi Kernel
- Siyah Kernel
There are more kernels of course but, again, this it's my top five based on the feedback. Also, this is very subjective, all depends of the customization that you made over the kernel and the most important, every phone and installations are different
so, everyone have different results.
If you want more information about Governors, Kernels, Voltages, etc. please read this post
If you want some suggestions of configuration for Siyah Kernel take a look here
And if you want examples of configurations for various kernels go here
« ¿Where are the Call Recording?
Unfortunately Call Recording, until now, can't be ported to AOKP, but are alternatives, you can use the app Personal Call and Voice Recorder
« ¿Where are the Radio FM?
Resurrection Remix since the v1.2 it's based on AOKP and the radio can't be included, the most used option it's Spirit FM app, you can buy it on the Play Store
or visit the original post of his creator here.
« ¿Where are the files of my External SD?
On Jelly Bean the external sd it's on the path /sdcard1
, there are your files. You can access to this folder with any file explorer (even the stock one). Just open the file manager, select the "mnt" option on the top, the one between the Home icon and SD icon, inside you can find the /sdcard1 folder.
« The lights of capacitive buttons (Menu and Back) doesn't work properly ¿What can i do?
You can adjust the behavior if you are using any kernel compatible with the "BLN" function and the correspondant tweaker like: Siyah, Dorimanx or Dream-IRC Kernels + ExTweaks app or Fluxxi Kernel + xxTweaker.
« The vibration intensity for pulsations it's too high ¿How can reduce that?
By default it's not possible but, if you are user of Siyah, Dorimanx or Dream-IRC Kernels then you could reduce that via ExTweaks
and, if you are using Fluxxi Kernel you can tweak this via xxTweaker app.
Please remember, ExTweaks only works with Siyah, Dorimanx and Dream-IRC Kernels
« My signal it's not the best / not work at all ¿What can i do?
Change your modem, you have several options here
Just remember give it at least 2 days to settle down, then you can judge his performance.
« My status bar clock frezze it ¿What can i do?
Check this post
, this is a very weird issue and that it's the most used solution.
« I have duplicates on the files for my music and images ¿What can i do?
« ¿How can i change the bootanimation?
First of all, i know that are many apps on Play Store that let us make this change but, in the same way that with DPI i prefer make the changes manually always that it's possible so, here are the steps:
- Make a backup of the original Bootanimation located on the path /system/media the file it's called bootanimation.zip
- Download the animation that you want, on the Mirrors Index we can have some animations made by the users of RR.
- Rename the file that you download to bootanimation.zip (in case that the name be different)
- Copy the bootanimation.zip to your SD card
- Copy the file to the path /system/media, this process need to be made with some file explorer that let you change the permissions from 'Read Only' to 'Read and Write', personally i'm always working with Root Explorer (paid) but if you want, you can use ES File Explorer (free)
- Replace the original bootanimation.zip with the one that you download
- Reboot and enjoy
Also, in some of the bootanimations featured on the Mirrors Index
i make flashable files through recovery so, this is another option to avoid the manual steps.
« ¿How can i change the font of the ROM?
There no are a default setting to make this change, but you can do it with the combo of ROM Toolbox
and Font Installer
If that apps don't work for you, then try the following steps (Steps only for ICS versions)
« ¿How can i use the Theme Chooser?
Originally Posted by PatrickWu
1) If you like either of system fonts from Windows (C:\WINDOWS\Fonts) so just drag the selected font to the specific folder, e.g. desktop.
2) Download your favorite fonts from the website(http://www.fonts2u.com/
2-1) just copy the two types of font (especially font in bold is a must (e.g. Verdana.ttf and Verdana-Bold.ttf) to the device with path system/fonts using root explorer.
2-2) Change Mount R/W as Mount R/O (as you know).
2-3) Backup the Roboto-Regular.ttf and Roboto-Bold.ttf (because I believe default font in AOKP is Roboto which is a custom font in ICS version) to other folders, then go back to system/fonts to delete it directly.
2-4) Long click on the selected fonts (verdana.ttf) that you copy from, rename it as Roboto-Regular.ttf and set its permissions as 3R1W.
2-5) Then, just reboot the phone.
Just go to this thread
, there you can find the links to some themes that exists for this feature, all with his own instructions, follow it.
« Extended explanation of the apps permissions
Take a look here
« A little help with the covers of your .mp3
« I'm using Siyah / Dream-IRC kernel and i don't want to see the boot splash ¿How can i deactivate it? (Only if you are not dual booting)
Just create a file named .nobootlogo in the 'root' of your SD Card with some file explorer like 'ES file explorer' or 'Root Explorer' Thanks to Pigmachine for the tip.
« ¿How can i get a notification count on my dock icons?
AOKP don't support this kind of notifications, but you have some alternatives:
1.- If you are using Go Launcher you can install their app Go Launcher EX Notification
2.- I know that it's not the same but you can activate the notification count on the status bar from Settings - R-ROM Control - Statusbar - General - Show Notification Count
Thanks to KeithOYS for the tips.
« ¿The Phone app don't have a 'Black List' setting?
Well, in the usual way no, but take a look here
for solve it.
« In case that you can't send SMS
Take a look on this post
for solve it.