5,594,805 Members 36,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want me to settle resurrection ics thread to orginal development section?
YES 814 55.60%
NO 650 44.40%
Voters: 1464. You may not vote on this poll

GT-I9100 [LINARO] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.9 [14/04/15]

Tip us?

Frozenthunder
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I think I found a bug regarding newest version: When my system starts up it takes very long until it connected to wifi. In 2.0 it used to do that way faster, like immidiatly after I unlocked. Now it hasn't connected yet even after 3 minutes. I always have to disable and then enable wifi again after booting.

Also, I dislike the new boot animation and liked the animation of 2.0 the most.
It would be awesome if it would be possible to choose the bootanimation because it's just personal taste anyway.

Is there any way to change the bootanimation back to the animation from 2.0?

Not saying that the animation of 2.1 is bad. I just don't like it.
kicker09 Old
(Last edited by kicker09; 4th June 2012 at 06:19 PM.) Reason: missed a word
Thanks Meter
Thumbs up Did You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNz0 View Post
oh it is just my opinion but some things should not need to be fixed this late on. the storage swapping over issue still causes bugs after several full formats, installs without external SD card etc and still FC on some apps i use.
Did you perhaps put your rom.zip onto the external storage before flashing? Put it onto the internal storage and then flash. Also, when transporting rom.zip to sd card after completely formatting internal and external(note I said 'FORMAT') storage, connect phone to pc and mount sd card in recovery menu and then only transfer rom.zip to sd card. Once this is done remove usb cable from pc and flash as normal. Solved it for me, also the formatting got rid of that 100Andro folder and dcim folder that sometimes contains remnants from previous roms that cause havok. Anyways hope this helps.

AceSGS
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaboWinter View Post
Mate, if you are dual booting with RR as secondary ROM you just need:

1.- Go to the dual boot menu
2.- Clean data and cache
3.- Install the ROM
4.- Clean dalvik cache and fix permissions

If you don't want make a full wipe just:

1.- Go direct to install the zip on 2nd ROM
2.- Clean dalvik and fix permissions

Sent from R'lyeh through my SGSII overloaded with Resurrection Remix!
Did you not read my reply? I SAID I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT! lol

PLEASE PEOPLE I HAVE ALREADY SORTED IT!!!!!!!!! lol (Back to watching Microsoft E3 even tho its very boring and has nothing to do with anyone who is NOT in the USA!)

yusufjee
Old
(Last edited by yusufjee; 4th June 2012 at 06:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Can someone point me towards the thread where i can download and install stock ics rom UK. And also the HOW TO would be nice.

Pigmachine
Old
(Last edited by Pigmachine; 4th June 2012 at 06:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenthunder View Post
I think I found a bug regarding newest version: When my system starts up it takes very long until it connected to wifi. In 2.0 it used to do that way faster, like immidiatly after I unlocked. Now it hasn't connected yet even after 3 minutes. I always have to disable and then enable wifi again after booting.

It would be awesome if it would be possible to choose the bootanimation because it's just personal taste anyway.

Just put the bootanimation.zip in the main-rom before installing it even.. in the zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip .. if already installed, same path on your phone with a rootable explorer /system/media/bootanimation.zip to be sure rename the old one and put the one you want in it's place.

EDIT-> so you can extract the bootanimation from 2.0 rom zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip and put it on the phone, then move it to the right place, reboot and you have the one you want.

But if you use method one.. 'inject' it into the rom, be sure to do it on a copy, so you can share the original to others!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pigmachine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

powermax91
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by yusufjee View Post
Can someone point me towards the thread where i can download and install stock ixs rom UK. And also the HOW TO would be nuce.
check this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) - Black Mist
Kernel: Perseus Alpha 18 - Philz 6.0.4.5 Recovery
First Rom: Omega v20
Second Rom: -
Modem: XXUFNC1
Mods: Wanam Xposed - ViPER4ANDROiD
Other Devices: Samsung Galaxy S2

Hidjes
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatyq View Post
hmm..try fix permissions..i will reflash kernel now..to see if i solve my issue
Hey, I cleared the data from the app, but it is true you cannot turn BLN fully off, but you can set the lighting interval to 1 sec and the brightness level 1 without fadeout effect, so you won't recognize it's on.
Da Galaxy S2 I9100
Oh man, the Revolt Rom v2.8 is killing smooooth baby! Best JB Rom out
Kernel: Dream Kernel for smooothness and awesome battery life
Modem: XXLPS

If I have taken effort with my lazy ass and I assumed something that is correct, please smash the thanks button. ]
. <-`

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvh_01 View Post
This will be my last day on this ROM since my SIII will arrive tomorrow.

This has been an amazing ROM with an amazing community. I want to thank the entire RR Team and everybody else that contributed to this ROM.

Hope to see some of you in the SIII forum!
Thanks, and enjoy the new one!

Quote:

About the Wi Fi you make a full wipe to install the ROM?

About the bootanimation you can follow the steps from Pigmachine that already are on the FAQ and go to the Mirrors index http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=40238 to download the bootanimation that you want

Sent from R'lyeh through my SGSII overloaded with Resurrection Remix!
The Following User Says Thank You to GaboWinter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

powermax91
Old
(Last edited by powermax91; 4th June 2012 at 06:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:

here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8924mj9m55b3qux
dont flash it, just rename it to bootanimation.zip and move it to system/media and set the permissions to rw-r--r-- and then reboot.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) - Black Mist
Kernel: Perseus Alpha 18 - Philz 6.0.4.5 Recovery
First Rom: Omega v20
Second Rom: -
Modem: XXUFNC1
Mods: Wanam Xposed - ViPER4ANDROiD
Other Devices: Samsung Galaxy S2

The Following User Says Thank You to powermax91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jojic88
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Thumbs up Awesome rom

so far had only problem with camera, Wes fix solved it but before fix uninstall previous camera with titanium, reboot than install new again reboot and its ok

l WONDER, CAN THIS ROM BETTER THAN THIS!? THIS IS PERFECTION
LG OPTIMUS G
ARTMOD

The Following User Says Thank You to jojic88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.0.4, acore, aokp, classic theme, cm9, custom rom i9100, galaxy s2, google android, ics, lp6, milestone 5 coming up!!!, v1.7, vtec 420, xxlpq out soon!!! ice cold the best ics