5,596,431 Members 39,805 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want me to settle resurrection ics thread to orginal development section?
YES 814 55.60%
NO 650 44.40%
Voters: 1464. You may not vote on this poll

GT-I9100 [LINARO] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.9 [14/04/15]

Tip us?

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcaster666 View Post
Hey guys, i have done a few searches and cant see any other post with this issue so here goes

It seems that when my phone is on charge it has i high chance of going into a sleep of death.
I plugged the phone in last night and when i went to use it a few minutes later it would not wake. I held the power button till it rebooted, it started up fine.

It crashed several more times in the next half hour basically every time i plug the charger in. Its not immediate if i plug in the charger and switch the phone off then back on a few seconds later then its ok. However if i leave the phone to charge for a few minutes when i come back its crashed.

I'm charging on USB at the moment, that seems to be ok.

The wall charger is a generic 1000mha i have never had this problem in the past.

Anyone else had this issue? (otherwise this ROM is just soooooo awesome )
Well I don't have any issue like that, with which kernel are you and what version of Resurrection do you have?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

xytherion
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberboob View Post
lol that's good astrogambit. Normally I come here and have a lot more reading to do to see what's going on. Today just needed to read 10 pages lol.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Did you come from another ROM or something? I don't have any problems sending msgs (tested last night and this morning).

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Does it show your carrier? There is a signal and all?
yes. signal is there, it shows my carrier, used ressurection since 1.5 and i did it on full wipe

shanman3us
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xytherion View Post
great rom!
but im wondering why people can't recieve my messages that i have sent to them. i switched my sim card to a nokia 5800, tried sending, and they have recieved my messages
You may have to change your PDU number. I ran into that when I went to 1.5. I could receive SMS's but even though my phone said it sent the reply with the proper time stamp it was never received. If you just changed carriers then maybe that setting has to be added manually.

Check this out:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/SMSC_Updates

Shanman

holyguyz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hi. Did anyone facing sudden blank screen problem, or auto off on 1.1 version? Quite often when i take out my sgs2 it just don't wake (maybe off already).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100) Superb with
Resurrection Remix ICS AOKP Edition v2.7
- Android 4.0.4 - Build: IMM76I_RR - Baseband/Modem: I9100XXLPS - Kernel: Dorimanx v7.35 -
Impressive speed, stable and super fast GPS

History Problems/Issues on SGS2
Pink Camera Issue | Very Low Mic Volume (On Calls) | Camera Mechanism Sound | Easily Overheating | Display Issue

shadowcaster666
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaboWinter View Post
Well I don't have any issue like that, with which kernel are you and what version of Resurrection do you have?

Stock res 1.7
i had some market issues that i posted about a day or so back so i did a full wipe and installed res 1.7, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, reboot.

The only other changes i have made are to replace the market with a mod version to fix DPI incompatiblity. Then remove the calculator app and replace it with one from res 1.5 since it was not appearing in the app draw (and still isn't).
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowcaster666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gcayey
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Question Help!!!

This ROM is greate, the1 thing I need help with I am having proplems getting acses to external sd card. Can any one help me fix this?
GLSD

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyguyz View Post
Hi. Did anyone facing sudden blank screen problem, or auto off on 1.1 version? Quite often when i take out my sgs2 it just don't wake (maybe off already).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Well, on v1.1...mmm don't i'm never experienced something like that, you flash the ROM recently? When flash you make all the wipes? And the last question, you change the kernel?

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcayey View Post
This ROM is greate, the1 thing I need help with I am having proplems getting acses to external sd card. Can any one help me fix this?
Yes, read the FAQ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=26053 check the questions:

About USB mass storage and MTP connections
¿Where are the files of my External SD?
¿Ok, but then how set my external SD like "external_sd" instead of "emmc"?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Stock res 1.7
i had some market issues that i posted about a day or so back so i did a full wipe and installed res 1.7, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, reboot.

The only other changes i have made are to replace the market with a mod version to fix DPI incompatiblity. Then remove the calculator app and replace it with one from res 1.5 since it was not appearing in the app draw (and still isn't).
Before of v1.7 you are on...v1.6? You flash gradually?

reynaldo acevedo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
About Siyah i think that with those rc's have some issues but you can install the latest version and works pretty well

The lockscreen can set from Settings - ROM control - Lockscreen - Lockscreen wallpaper

ok good on the siyah what I'm looking to improve the battery and the latest versions but never gave me that's why he used it in 1.1, I wonder if the stock kernel CM9 drains the battery less than siyah?

yes, but I meant it's not the same android gallery stock photos allowed me to cut width and length independently editable, this just makes it proportionally

thanks in advance

shadowcaster666
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

Before of v1.7 you are on...v1.6? You flash gradually?
I was on 1.6 then i flashed 1.7 over 1.6. But i had market problems "Error processing purchase" so i just did i full wipe and then flashed Res 1.7, after this i noticed the charging problem.

So just to be clear my current install was a full wipe then flash.

Thanks for any help you can provide

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynaldo acevedo View Post
ok good on the siyah what I'm looking to improve the battery and the latest versions but never gave me that's why he used it in 1.1, I wonder if the stock kernel CM9 drains the battery less than siyah?

yes, but I meant it's not the same android gallery stock photos allowed me to cut width and length independently editable, this just makes it proportionally

thanks in advance
Siyah have some battery issues until the 3.1.2 version, with this one some users reported that they have a pretty well battery life, of course the best versions to Siyah was the betas of 3.1, about the stock kernel actually have a great performance with the battery, that's the one that i'm use and i think in this moment it's better than Siyah in that feature.

Ahh no, unfortunately that's the behavior of this Gallery but maybe you could try with some other gallery app like 'Quickpic' it's on the Play Store

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote:
I was on 1.6 then i flashed 1.7 over 1.6. But i had market problems "Error processing purchase" so i just did i full wipe and then flashed Res 1.7, after this i noticed the charging problem.

So just to be clear my current install was a full wipe then flash.

Thanks for any help you can provide
Well, as i said you before it's an issue that i'm not know, the first recommendation in what i think it's try flashing Siyah Kernel, the v3.1.2 works well with v1.7 of Resurrection http://www.gokhanmoral.com/gm/2012/0...kernel-v3-1-2/ try this kernel and see how works

The Following User Says Thank You to GaboWinter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.0.4, acore, aokp, classic theme, cm9, custom rom i9100, galaxy s2, google android, ics, lp6, milestone 5 coming up!!!, v1.7, vtec 420, xxlpq out soon!!! ice cold the best ics