Search This thread

gijokmr

May 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
After installation of google camera , i feel some wired bug on the start of camera app.phone is vibrate around 2 to 5s on the start of camera app.it's shows on both camera app stock and google new camera app.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

n125

Sep 2, 2011
This is probably a long shot, but running the latest nightly, I am having trouble getting Phone Audio to work with my car across Bluetooth. I can't pinpoint exactly which nightly it stopped working, but it was fine around the beginning of April. My car has a Uconnect 8.4AN system and it can successfully pair with my phone, access my phone's phonebook, and stream music from my phone. However, when I try to make a phone call, the phone on the receiving end rings, but I can't hear the other person through my phone or car speakers, and the other person can't hear anything either. It's the same deal the other way around -- I can answer a call, but neither party hears anything.

Everything works fine using a Nexus 5 with a stock ROM, so I'm guessing there's a bug at play here, or I'm missing something obvious.

lakker

Nov 30, 2012
Cuenca
www.facesofecuador.com
Hi guys, thanks for this great ROM. I have this installed on my note N7000 and decided to put Omni on my girlfriends SII, the only difference seems to be the Gapps package. On my Note the package was almost 300mb, but included the new camera, google notes etc. this version of omni for the SII seems to contain the play store, and even works without installing the Gapps package: I tried flashing the same gapps package from my phone, but it says the package is too big for the system, so I'm installing the gapps that's mentioned on this page, lets see see..

lakker

Nov 30, 2012
Cuenca
www.facesofecuador.com
No one?

I want to install google camera and google play music my galaxy S2 running omni but the store says its incompatible while on my Note there's no problem with Omni.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
Google camera FC's in Omni when you try to enter settings, and upon selecting front-video.
Until the galaxys2-common camera-fix-patch is merged, the following two methods will get you all camera modes, and functional setings*

The fix is courtesy of @UtkarshGupta

1) http://paste.omnirom.org/view/raw/1496b704
- save the text as media_profiles.xml
- copy file to /system/etc
- change permissions to 644 (-rw-r--r--) - reboot
- test camera settings

2) The attached flashable zip <-- great for nightlies
-useful for any device whose /system path is /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
-packaged by yours truly
Code:
ui_print("");
ui_print(" Google Camera settings fix");
ui_print("[B] i777, S959g, i9100, n7000 [/B]");
ui_print(" Courtesy of UtkarshGupta ");
ui_print(" ");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p9", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
set_perm(0,0,0644,"/system/etc/media_profiles.xml");
ui_print("");ui_print("  Completed");ui_print(" ");
unmount("/system");

* manual exposure is still non-responsive, but doesn't FC.

Attachments

• GoogCam_fix_signed.zip
    152.8 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: pilgrim011

ghdj

Jul 12, 2012
but i can't find the fm tuner now :/
and i had the yellow triangle on the opening !!!!!

Last edited:

carlusmagnus

Jan 26, 2011
Rome
slim shortcut

Hi,
then tried several Rom and found in these problem with camera that did FC, I install this rom.
Now ask as is an AOSP based rom, if there a way to have shortcut like in other rom (slim shortcut to understand) to hang these to various function overall in lockscreen and launcher.

thanks

mrcheese79

Mar 15, 2012
Hi,
then tried several Rom and found in these problem with camera that did FC, I install this rom.
Now ask as is an AOSP based rom, if there a way to have shortcut like in other rom (slim shortcut to understand) to hang these to various function overall in lockscreen and launcher.

thanks

I'm not sure I understood your question correctly, but if you meant apps shortcuts on a lockscreen then yes.
Settings -> Security -> Lockscreen -> Lockscreen Shortcuts

2jcor8.jpg

CRXed

Jan 7, 2010
Google camera FC's in Omni when you try to enter settings, and upon selecting front-video.
Until the galaxys2-common camera-fix-patch is merged, the following two methods will get you all camera modes, and functional setings*

The fix is courtesy of @UtkarshGupta

1) http://paste.omnirom.org/view/raw/1496b704
- save the text as media_profiles.xml
- copy file to /system/etc
- change permissions to 644 (-rw-r--r--) - reboot
- test camera settings

2) The attached flashable zip <-- great for nightlies
-useful for any device whose /system path is /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
-packaged by yours truly
Code:
ui_print("");
ui_print(" Google Camera settings fix");
ui_print("[B] i777, S959g, i9100, n7000 [/B]");
ui_print(" Courtesy of UtkarshGupta ");
ui_print(" ");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p9", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
set_perm(0,0,0644,"/system/etc/media_profiles.xml");
ui_print("");ui_print("  Completed");ui_print(" ");
unmount("/system");

* manual exposure is still non-responsive, but doesn't FC.

Is there a way to port this over to CyanogenMod ROM? I tried, but that only made things worse....not sure why, is OMNI so different than CM regarding Camera?

Reactions: Vinzo666

carlusmagnus

Jan 26, 2011
Rome
I'm not sure I understood your question correctly, but if you meant apps shortcuts on a lockscreen then yes.
Settings -> Security -> Lockscreen -> Lockscreen Shortcuts

2jcor8.jpg

Yes of course I know this setting, but I talk about to shortcuts like screen off, power menu and more to set better this rom without use of hardware button.
However I found an app for xposed that allows these shortcuts I meant.

Bye

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
CyanogenMod uses an altered ramdisk configuration, which sometimes makes simple AOSP solutions less-simple when it comes to CM.

Is there a way to port this over to CyanogenMod ROM? I tried, but that only made things worse....not sure why, is OMNI so different than CM regarding Camera?

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

No need for an exposed module.
Sleep (Screen-off) is a button in the quicktiles pull-down.
Long-pressing the Sleep quicktile, brings up the power menu.

Yes of course I know this setting, but I talk about to shortcuts like screen off, power menu and more to set better this rom without use of hardware button.
However I found an app for xposed that allows these shortcuts I meant.

Bye

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I9100

Hi guys, this is the development forum for OMNI ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (and its variants) . First of all i want to mention that im not affiliated with OMNI, AOSP,TWRP . This topic is in original development because its OFFICIAL support from OMNI development team. I didnt compile anything.I created the topic because there wasnt an official one related to the rom and also i dont take any credits

NOTE THAT BY FLASHING OMNI ROM OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CUSTOM FIRMWARE, RECOVERY YOUR WARRANTY IS VOIDED. I, MYSELF OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF OMNI, TWRP, AOSP ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY CAUSE TO YOUR DEVICE. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTE ALSO THAT YOU WILL FLASH THIS CUSTOM FIRMWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

USE THE REVIEW AND BUG REPORT BUTTONS! :highfive:

HOW TO INSTALL THE ROM
    -BACKUP
    -you need CWM version 6.0.4.4 and up or TWRP 2.6.1 and up CLICK HERE
    -copy the zips to your device
    -if you are on Stock ICS, MUST READ THIS
    -if you are on JB a full wipe is needed (factory reset+dalvik cache) or any other form of CUSTOM ROM
    -reboot into recovery
    -install the omni zip
    -install gapps zip
    -for root acces flash SUPER SU 1.91 also
    -wipe cache
    -reboot into system

GAPPS 4.4.2 Google APPS or PA MINI GAPPS

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL]OMNI, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    dany547, Entropy
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OMNI
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-12-09
    Last Updated 2014-07-24
    @XpLoDWilD, Will our i9100 be updated to Android Lollipop ? Thanks.

Yes.
    Known bugs:- ART isnt working
    -some random reboots from time to time

What do you mean ART isn't working? On my personal builds it is working flawlessly and NO random reboots whatsoever AT ALL???

Also I really hate to sound like a douche in saying this, but shouldn't the title of this thread be UNOFFICIAL instead of Official? By official, it implies that the work is yours and you are the official representative of Omni to post Omni builds. Because Codeworx and Entropy are the official devs for the GT-i9100, it is perfectly ok for either of them to post official builds because without them, there wouldn't even be a fully functional CM for this device.

Not trying to make enemies mate, just thought I'd point that out. Forgive me if I am wrong and sorry if I offended you
    Thanks for letting us test your KitKat ROM.

Apps Move to SD card working in this beta?

this is the OFFICIAL 4.4.1 from Omni, its not mine :)
    For root access, there is a new version of SUPER SU on latest omni.

SUPER SU 1.93 : http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu