Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 | Per-App COLOR (newest PA invention), Dpi & UserInterface

OP D4rKn3sSyS

3rd May 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #3001  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 16

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iekansh

@D4rKn3sSyS
Kindly have a look at the feature these guys are introducing here. Per app dpi!

Nice! There are some good things going on in that thread. My feature request for D4 would be to have the option to choose which toggles are displayed in the notification area whilst in tablet mode.
3rd May 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #3002  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Monteria
Thanks Meter: 16,006

3,774 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutoid

Nice! There are some good things going on in that thread. My feature request for D4 would be to have the option to choose which toggles are displayed in the notification area whilst in tablet mode.

This would be too much work (believe me), and not actually very used. You can use a power widget
3rd May 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #3003  
Flag Markham ON CANADA
Thanks Meter: 311

1,031 posts
More
Can you turn off the hardware lights when running a theme?

Thanks
3rd May 2012, 06:33 PM   |  #3004  
Flag SGSII Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,193

1,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iekansh

@D4rKn3sSyS
Kindly have a look at the feature these guys are introducing here. Per app dpi!

That would be great to be able to change dpi per app. Facebook is too small to read. C'mon Darkness work your magic!!!!

GT-I9100
D4 Rom
Siyah Kernel
3rd May 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #3005  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Monteria

3,774 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan96815

Can you turn off the hardware lights when running a theme?

Thanks

Yes is on advanced settings, on sensor tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEn20

That would be great to be able to change dpi per app. Facebook is too small to read. C'mon Darkness work your magic!!!!

GT-I9100
D4 Rom
Siyah Kernel

Im doing my magic right now! . It doesn't seems complex in theory. However I Pm'd the dude who created it, he says he want some help. I can help him to clean his sources (If I understand well his method is not 100% clean)

EDIT: Ok got some working without original sources from molesarecoming. With his sources would be much easier. Btw, that dude is just a genius (If he didn't do that, I wouldn't even started to research)
Last edited by D4rKn3sSyS; 3rd May 2012 at 06:46 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #3006  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 58

514 posts
Donate to Me
More
what About Call Recorder
3rd May 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #3007  
Flag Markham ON CANADA
Thanks Meter: 311

1,031 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS

Yes is on advanced settings, on sensor tab.

Im doing my magic right now! . It doesn't seems complex in theory. However I Pm'd the dude who created it, he says he want some help. I can help him to clean his sources (If I understand well his method is not 100% clean)

Thank you!!
3rd May 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #3008  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 16

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS

That's great! Thanks for your earlier reply, i will look for a nice power widget that has a data toggle.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

D4rKn3sSyS, an interesting question has been asked in the paranoidandroid thread which you may be able to answer?

With this per-app dpi, would it be possible to keep the rom in 'phone mode' and change the dpi of apps so we could, for example, use the tablet mode gmail, youtube etc?

Thanks in advance for any reply
3rd May 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #3009  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 115

346 posts
Kernels ?
Tried abyss 2.7 and got "Android process has stopped" constantly. Has anyone had any success with other kernels. Can you provide me a working Abyss kernel ?

Im interested to see what difference there is between Abyss and Siyah.
3rd May 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #3010  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Monteria

3,774 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutoid

That's great! Thanks for your earlier reply, i will look for a nice power widget that has a data toggle.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

D4rKn3sSyS, an interesting question has been asked in the paranoidandroid thread which you may be able to answer?

With this per-app dpi, would it be possible to keep the rom in 'phone mode' and change the dpi of apps so we could, for example, use the tablet mode gmail, youtube etc?

Thanks in advance for any reply

My guess: No. Because what says android wether if device is a tablet or is a phone, is services.jar, so if we have stock dpi (240 for example), services.jar will detect our device as phone, so it would set default interface as phone, and if you youtube dpi, it just will be a very tiny youtube on phone mode

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, better than patenting the scrollbar, certified daily driver, cm10, official friend of twilight sparkle, paranoid, paranoid android, paranoid rocks, phablet? more like faplet, real developer not a cook, real hybrid mode not that cheap one, so this is how my sgs 2 is supposed to run?, solid build, unique per-app dpi/layout
Previous Thread Next Thread