Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 | Per-App COLOR (newest PA invention), Dpi & UserInterface

Tip us?

disellusional
Old
Thanks Meter 66
nova works if you install it separately (i had a titanium backup one of it)

Squishie
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS View Post
For other side, seems like this Fluxi kernel, unmodified, behaves "less smooth" than siyah. If this continues I think Ill have to search another kernel for the rom... again. Even coming back to siyah (But I really hate that kernel logo on boot )
Fluxxi might be as buttery smooth as Siyah, but it has an awesome control panel app, great BLN effects and (100% anecdotal) much better battery life.

Plus Fluxxi doesn't cause random Sleep of Death in my phone, so it has quite the permanent home here.

ngoonee
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishie View Post
Fluxxi might be as buttery smooth as Siyah, but it has an awesome control panel app, great BLN effects and (100% anecdotal) much better battery life.

Plus Fluxxi doesn't cause random Sleep of Death in my phone, so it has quite the permanent home here.
All of which can't really compare to the fact that siyah has dual-boot.... =( not that I'm regularly booting into the Sammy ROM, but its nice to have it available just in case.

thegreatdead69
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Service Question about changelog 1.2

Hye, I have a question, Is the changelog v1.2 is meant for the v1.2a? or there will be another release?

elite_gamer04
Old
(Last edited by elite_gamer04; 15th June 2012 at 03:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 104
Just to report back D4rK - just installed from a FRESH base, installed the 'Light' option through AROMA and everything is going swimmingly well. Changes I personally made are:
  • I set my font however to 'Small';
  • Adjusted my DPI on the Statusbar to '160';
  • Made overall system DPI '240' (worried about Apps not working);
  • Enabled Tablet Mode - the clock is just so big haha (can't remember it being that big on CM9 Nightlies?).

Bugs/issues/annoyances I've encountered are:

1. On the Statusbar, when you pull it up, if you have 'Percentage Battery' set, the % will be on the right, while the battery icon is on the left - see picture below (sorry about the horrid iPhone, you can't screenshot with the Statusbar up :P):

2. When you expand the Statusbar to bring up toggle options, I would LOVE to be able to press the 'Back' hardware key to get rid of it. ATM you have to close the Toggle bit, then touch back on the screen to get rid of the Statusbar.

Cheers!

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatdead69 View Post
Hye, I have a question, Is the changelog v1.2 is meant for the v1.2a? or there will be another release?
Nope, it's not another relase, as you can see on the quote D4rK take the descition of put the letters on the version and maybe he just forgot add that to the changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS View Post
Incremental release "a", then will be "b", "c", is like 1.2.1 1.2.2.. etc, until we go to 1.3a wich is like 1.3.0, it's done for organization doesn't means is a beta. Beta ended on v0.6 or something I dont know.

EDIT: Mirror is ready
And As I know someone will ask it, YES you can install siyah or any other CM compatible kernel.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_gamer04 View Post
Just to report back D4rK - just installed from a FRESH base, installed the 'Light' option through AROMA and everything is going swimmingly well. Changes I personally made are:
  • I set my font however to 'Small';
  • Adjusted my DPI on the Statusbar to '160';
  • Made overall system DPI '240' (worried about Apps not working);
  • Enabled Tablet Mode - the clock is just so big haha (can't remember it being that big on CM9 Nightlies?).

Bugs/issues/annoyances I've encountered are:

1. On the Statusbar, when you pull it up, if you have 'Percentage Battery' set, the % will be on the right, while the battery icon is on the left - see picture below (sorry about the horrid iPhone, you can't screenshot with the Statusbar up :P):

2. When you expand the Statusbar to bring up toggle options, I would LOVE to be able to press the 'Back' hardware key to get rid of it. ATM you have to close the Toggle bit, then touch back on the screen to get rid of the Statusbar.

Cheers!
About the point no.2 in the case that you use Nova as launcher you can choose one gesture to open/close the notification bar, personally i set the swipe to up so, when i open the toggles option i just swipe and it's closed
The Following User Says Thank You to GaboWinter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dutchschultz
Old
Thanks Meter 216
I'm having problems with wifi with 1,2a so I went back to 1.1

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

victaaaa
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Is there a way to get the mute option on the lockscreen?
I remember in ParanoidAndroid 1.0 you could, but I can't find it anymore in 1.2

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchschultz View Post
I'm having problems with wifi with 1,2a so I went back to 1.1

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
¿What kind of troubles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by victaaaa View Post
Is there a way to get the mute option on the lockscreen?
I remember in ParanoidAndroid 1.0 you could, but I can't find it anymore in 1.2
In v1.0 how do you do it?

victaaaa
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaboWinter View Post
In v1.0 how do you do it?
I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure there was just an option in the lockscreen shortcuts settings.
I tried searching through 'Activities' but couldn't find anything

Tags
aosp, better than patenting the scrollbar, certified daily driver, cm10, official friend of twilight sparkle, paranoid, paranoid android, paranoid rocks, phablet? more like faplet, real developer not a cook, real hybrid mode not that cheap one, so this is how my sgs 2 is supposed to run?, solid build, unique per-app dpi/layout
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe