Originally Posted by LastStandingDroid View Post
I believe the HTC Sense is open source? or i may be wrong here lol
You're wrong.
Phone:
Galaxy Note II | CM11 (Unofficial)

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 > iPad3 > Nexus 7

The Following User Says Thank You to TheATHEiST For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fatjivi
Old
Thanks Meter 341
If it was then there would have been a port long ago I assume...I guess lack of source is the thing making it tough to port

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

MarioFan1998
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Hack the password to their github

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
Current Phone: LG G2| Tablet: iPad 2| Old Phones: Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, Samsung Galaxy SII, Google Nexus 5

My LG G2
Bootloader status: Fuked up by 4.4.2 update(you don't say?)
ROM: Official KitKat Germany 20A
Kernel: Stock Kernel

WE NEED CUSTOM RECOVERY FOR 4.4.2

QuBe2
Old
Thanks Meter 1285

DONATE TO ME
i think they are using something more sercured then github :' (
PLEASE USE MY DROPBOXLINK http://db.tt/yqfnZayF

if you like my work >>><<<

Devices:
GALAXY S4 I9505 (Will arrive soon)
Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 10
Desire C (sold)
Kindle fire (retired)
Nexus S (sold)

have had all samsung nexus devices hope there will be more soon

TheATHEiST
Old
Thanks Meter 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailyouh View Post
Any news?
How many times does it need to be said before it syncs into some peoples heads??

WHEN there is news the topic will be updated. You bumping it is not going to magically make news.
Phone:
Galaxy Note II | CM11 (Unofficial)

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 > iPad3 > Nexus 7

ipmanwck
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Is this thread still active. Admin please please review this as no development has happened for ages !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

DinoSoup
Old
(Last edited by DinoSoup; 24th February 2013 at 03:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipmanwck View Post
Is this thread still active. Admin please please review this as no development has happened for ages !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
This thread has died as HTC has closed access to their open-source Sense (even though Google states in the Android disclaimer that doing so is unlawful).
Nexus 5

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5894

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoSoup View Post
This thread has died as HTC has closed access to their open-source GitHub account (even though Google states in the Android disclaimer that doing so is unlawful).
HTC does not have a github. They never have and likely never will. The only source that manufacturers are required to give is kernel source, since that is licensed under the GPL (which requires all changes to source to be published). Most of Android is licensed under the more lenient Apache license, which means manufacturers may give out source, but are not required to (read: don't). HTC is not under any obligation to release any source outside kernel and doing so would give their competitors an advantage and facilitate projects like these, which HTC doesn't want as they get nothing for it.

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

MarioFan1998
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Default Re: [ROM][SENSE][SENSE4ALL] Sense 4.0 PORT HOX Based 4.0.3 ALPHA Release [08/07]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj View Post
HTC does not have a github. They never have and likely never will. The only source that manufacturers are required to give is kernel source, since that is licensed under the GPL (which requires all changes to source to be published). Most of Android is licensed under the more lenient Apache license, which means manufacturers may give out source, but are not required to (read: don't). HTC is not under any obligation to release any source outside kernel and doing so would give their competitors an advantage and facilitate projects like these, which HTC doesn't want as they get nothing for it.
Wassup you are the guy that promised to make a working version by November LOL so how's it going now? Probably should close this thread soon

Current Phone: LG G2| Tablet: iPad 2| Old Phones: Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, Samsung Galaxy SII, Google Nexus 5

My LG G2
Bootloader status: Fuked up by 4.4.2 update(you don't say?)
ROM: Official KitKat Germany 20A
Kernel: Stock Kernel

WE NEED CUSTOM RECOVERY FOR 4.4.2

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5894

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioFan1998 View Post
Wassup you are the guy that promised to make a working version by November LOL so how's it going now? Probably should close this thread soon

Hard without having the hardware.

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.1 jb + sense 4.0 = problem speed of light?, did i killed it? =>, mirror! please!, my unicorn died while trying this, omgz is dat sense for s2?, server down, shitty server, yes it is, zomg