Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][05/08]Slim Bean - I9100 [Build 8][FINAL]

Tip us?

thompson2009
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][16/02]Slim Bean - I9100 [Stable v1.0]

Hi dev

This ROM is wicked fast and brilliant and it's free eeeeeeeee

Nuf said

Will donate now got a job

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to thompson2009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeet.9890427233
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by foccacia View Post
But I could not get BLN to work. What r the correct settings for S2?

You should be on Siyah Kernel..

One you flash Siyah you will get an app called STweaks > BLN > Check BLN & Check BLNWW

The other settings you can just play around with them to set your own preference.
Use the button if i helped u.

Didgesteve
Old
(Last edited by Didgesteve; 22nd February 2013 at 11:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse34 View Post
5. USB Mass Storage/UMS : There is a strange behaviour that seems to be related to the computers' USB chipset.
Depending on the PC I have tested it with (and even depending on the USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port on a same laptop) once you have turned it off, you will have to unplug and plug the USB cable before turning it on again, otherwise partitions will not be mounted on the computer. Most of the time it does not show the second confirmation popup (which is not useful anyway, I think).
Finally, why does it say "Connected as an installer" in the notification area?

6. MTP file transfer fails with error message on Windows when transferring certain files (seems to be related to capital letters and/or unsupported file extensions). Still investigating...

7. Transfer all files through BT [including APK] does not work, neither in Explorer+ nor in CM FileManager. Explorer+ app developer claims that the issue is system related as his app simply calls available share options from the system.

Missing stuff that used to be there in previous releases

8. "Performance" is missing some options like "CPU voltage" and "Startup tweaks", Init.d, zipalign

9. BLN support missing (was already gone in 3.x)

10. FastCharge feature missing

11. Option to disable SlimBean boot animation

12. Battery icon styles "icon with text" and "icon with centered text" missing (they used to be available and still are in AOKP 4.2.1)

13. No navigation bar and nice background in CWM (like in some earlier releases

14. USB Mass Storage in CWM does not work

I hope these features will be back soon....

Missing stuff that would be nice

15. Add EAP-SIM WiFi authentification method (necessary for hotspots like "FreeWiFi_secure" or "SFR WiFi Mobile" in France)
This used to work in SlimBean 3.1 by replacing the wpa_supplicant file in \system\bin with a version taken from a 4.0.x Samsung ROM.
However, in SlimBean 4.2.1 that procedure partly breaks WiFi support.
There are multiple references to EAP-SIM in "\system\bin\wpa_supplicant"
You might also want to have a look at here

Regarding AIO Dark Gapps

19. Default app selection window is still white. Is that the intended behaviour?

20. Could you replace SMS icon with a Holo Blue couloured one?

USB transfers work fine here. Looking at your 'depends which computer I use' comment, I'd say it might be an issue with your PC setup. Do you have the latest Samsung USB driver? available on ApriliaM3's dev site, here

I've had Bluetooth problems with Slim 4, last seen working in Slim 3.1, hopefully 4.2.2 will bring some results.

If you want to play with 'performance' on your kernel, then get over to Siyah or Dorimanx. The build has a stock kernel, and it works fine.
BNL - works in Dorimanx
Fastcharge - Works in Dorimanx

and I'd like mine in pink.
Sony Z1 compact
4.4.4 Kit Slim Evo 8.1 Black
Ext SD: 64Gb
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgesteve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ulysse34
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Thank for your reply, but I don't think that it is an issue with my PC setup. There's something weird on both computers and on the second one it still differs depending on the USB port I use.

The kernel related features that have been removed from Slim Bean used to be present in previous releases, so I hope they will be back officially soon.
Imho tinkering with experimental kernels that often just lead to new issues is not the way to go

tazsob
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorePawn View Post
guessing you missed the bit at the bottom of my post? which ironically, you even quoted...

Orange Backup and Online Nandroid Backup, are just frontend GUI's for the onandroid script... it is onandroid script that is broken, so anything using this script is broken...
Ha ha...sorry it was bout 3 in the morning here....
~Rooted your phone...What to do next??~

ApriliaM3's Host site HERE.
Dorimanx Q&A Thread HERE.
The Red Blur's Cave of Goodies HERE.

S2 GT-I9100
ROM: Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 8
Kernel: Dorimanx 9.36
Modem: XXLS8

Didgesteve
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse34 View Post
Thank for your reply, but I don't think that it is an issue with my PC setup. There's something weird on both computers and on the second one it still differs depending on the USB port I use.

The kernel related features that have been removed from Slim Bean used to be present in previous releases, so I hope they will be back officially soon.
Imho tinkering with experimental kernels that often just lead to new issues is not the way to go
Looking through the thread, I don't see anyone else with USB problems.
Try the Samsung drivers.
Sony Z1 compact

k4bbe
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][16/02]Slim Bean - I9100 [Stable v1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by foccacia View Post
Yes, I m already on siyah kernel n activated BLN but does not work

Must be an issue with your settings then dude as im running Siyah and its working fine. Perhaps now best to take the "issue" to the Siyah discussion thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/k4bbe
Order a free SIM card for your Mobile. You'll get 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited mobile Internet for only 12 + Free 5 credit for registering with no contract.

sam5154
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Does any one have issues with Siyah/Dorimanx "slide2wakr" option?
when this option is activated, digitizer register touches during phone calls, even when the screen is turned off by proximity sensor, it easily leads to mute a call, end a call or opening notification drawer and going to various parts of OS. I have the issue only in 4.2 versions, older versions were fine.

Didgesteve
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam5154 View Post
Does any one have issues with Siyah/Dorimanx "slide2wakr" option?
when this option is activated, digitizer register touches during phone calls, even when the screen is turned off by proximity sensor, it easily leads to mute a call, end a call or opening notification drawer and going to various parts of OS. I have the issue only in 4.2 versions, older versions were fine.
I have seen that issue raised on the Dorimanx thread before, but you would have to search to find what the solution is, I don't use it as I find it eats batterys.
Not really a rom problem.
Sony Z1 compact
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgesteve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ko_is
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Hi,
Sometimes I unable to unlock the screen. There is no response after I press home or turn on/off switch. The back of the phone is heater and heater. The only way to start again is pick up the battery or long press the turn on/off switch.
Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Tags
4.2.2, fast, i9100, light, most stable rom out there is slimbean, slim bean