first of all, a huge thanks to the whole dev team. This is one awesome new release.
However there is a couple of things I would love to see getting addressed :
1. The lower part of cLock widget is truncated on SGS2 at 210dpi (and even more at native 240 dpi). I know that it is possible to maximize the widget, but that's not really a solution.
Did you consider using DashClock instead?
2. "Voice input key" is not shown on main keyboard although the option is ticked. Showing it on symbols keyboard does work correctly though.
3. “Voice Dialer” keeps telling "Starting up..." when launched, but never gets ready in order to actually accept a voice command (not sure if this is app or ROM related)
4. Duration still isn't displayed correctly in call logs
5. USB Mass Storage/UMS : There is a strange behaviour that seems to be related to the computers' USB chipset.
Depending on the PC I have tested it with (and even depending on the USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port on a same laptop) once you have turned it off, you will have to unplug and plug the USB cable before turning it on again, otherwise partitions will not be mounted on the computer. Most of the time it does not show the second confirmation popup (which is not useful anyway, I think).
Finally, why does it say "Connected as an installer" in the notification area?
6. MTP file transfer fails with error message on Windows when transferring certain files (seems to be related to capital letters and/or unsupported file extensions). Still investigating...
7. Transfer all files through BT [including APK] does not work, neither in Explorer+ nor in CM FileManager. Explorer+ app developer claims that the issue is system related as his app simply calls available share options from the system.
Missing stuff that used to be there in previous releases
8. "Performance" is missing some options like "CPU voltage" and "Startup tweaks", Init.d, zipalign
9. BLN support missing (was already gone in 3.x)
10. FastCharge feature missing
11. Option to disable SlimBean boot animation
12. Battery icon styles "icon with text" and "icon with centered text" missing (they used to be available and still are in AOKP 4.2.1)
13. No navigation bar and nice background in CWM (like in some earlier releases
14. USB Mass Storage in CWM does not work
I hope these features will be back soon....
Missing stuff that would be nice
15. Add EAP-SIM WiFi authentification method (necessary for hotspots like "FreeWiFi_secure" or "SFR WiFi Mobile" in France)
This used to work in SlimBean 3.1 by replacing the wpa_supplicant file in \system\bin with a version taken from a 4.0.x Samsung ROM.
However, in SlimBean 4.2.1 that procedure partly breaks WiFi support.
There are multiple references to EAP-SIM in "\system\bin\wpa_supplicant"
You might also want to have a look at here
Things I am wondering what exactly they are supposed to do
16. Is "Increasing volume alarm" that the same as "Added ascending volume option to Deskclock" (mentioned twice in change log) I cannot see any settings for these.
17. Whats is 5/8 targets selection?
18. What has been enhanced regarding GPS?
Regarding AIO Dark Gapps
19. Default app selection window is still white. Is that the intended behaviour?
20. Could you replace SMS icon with a Holo Blue couloured one?
21. Google calendar is old (non Play Store) version while in regular AIO the new version is included
22. Wouldn't it be nice to make stock Sound Recorder accessible from the app drawer (like in CM10 nightly) instead of that awkward Speech Recorder
23. Google Ears/Sound Search widget is outdated (it has to be unfreezed for users outside the US by using Market Enabler, then enabled and updated from Play Store)
24. Did you forget to update Play Store to 3.10.10 ?
Hi, here are my impressions about Slimbean RC1.
Some small problems that are always present since first install quite a while ago.
1-Booting: first the "Android is upgrading" message that appears. Then after unlock a system not responding message and then a Youtube not responding message. After that everything works as it should, no more FCs or strange error messages.
2-Some notification messages never appear, only after reboot. Like Google Play updates and GPlus. All notifications are set to on, but they only show after a reboot. Kind of annoying problem.
3-Sometimes, rare, the phone stalls. It got stuck in the same screen, navigation buttons emit the noise but nothing really happens. After some seconds phone is back to live and execute all the presses I did. Like pressed back two times or touched the screen.
4-After the last 2 upgrades, the notification bar option to slide the settings panel is using 50% of the not. bar size and before it was just on the extreme right of the bar. Turned it off for now.
5-HDMI doesn´t work. This is the reason is use the other LS8 ROM.
6-USB OTG connection mode doesn't seem to work either.
Final verdict. THIS IS THE ROM.
A "couple of things"?
1. Did YOU consider using DashClock instead? It is easy enough to install and replace the cLock widget with DashClock (I have done exactly this)... we are also in the process of determining whether we want to use DashClock or cLock...
2. I just installed the SREC_gnow addon... went into settings -> "language & input" and selected google voice typing... ticked mic on main keyboard, and it shows up... ticked mic on symbols and it shows up there???
3. Yeah... voice dialer seems bugged... it seems to generate an exception in logcat relating to BT headset service when you close it??!?... have you tried this on CM??
4. I honestly have no idea why this isn't working for some people? It works perfectly here... have you tried clearing phone and/or contacts app data and cache? Also, what language are you using? And I assume from your mention of issues with AIO Dark Gapps that you're using Dark Gapps... if so, does it do this on normal ROM + normal Gapps? ie. no dark framework or apps...
5. I believe it is triggered by a change in state of USB cable connected... so yes, you have to unplug and replug if you turn it off... otherwise the system can't detect the cable being connected. As for the "Installer" message, this is how it was implemented by CM I'll add it to the ToDo list...
6. Can't say I've had too many issues transferring things with MTP... it just seems to work? But if you can find a method to replicate this error reliably, please let us know.
7. I just paired with my GF's i9000... and sent files via BT from various apps like QuickPic, default Gallery etc... and even downloaded and installed Explorer+... and yep... that works fine as well... you will need to check logcat for errors.
8., 9. & 10. Fairly sure these are all kernel issues... for technical reasons (ie. I have no idea about kernels ) we are using the CM kernel... if you want these features, you'll either need to install a custom kernel, or ask the CM guys nicely if they plan on (re)implementing these features
11. if you don't like it... just install a different boot animation... /system/media/bootanimation.zip... just make sure it is i9100 compatible...
12. we have icon with percentage... which I think is the same as icon with text... icon with centered text just looked horrible, which is why we removed it... also, this ROM isn't AOKP
13. Yeah... touch recovery is a work in progess... be thankful, the default CM one has no touch... and is all volume, home and power buttons!!
14. Yeah... not sure why that UMS stuff isn't working in recovery... I suspect it might have something to do with the UMS being removed from the kernel and then re-added... don't count on this being added back in a hurry... as my knowledge of kernels/recoverys is pretty small (like non-existent small ) But it annoys me as well... so is on the list of things to look at
15. Thanks for the link... but that is from Froyo??!?... Things have changed a fair bit from froyo to JB... and the WiFi drivers have issues as it is... again, due to the use of CM kernel, you might be better off seeing if they can implement it... I assume it doesn't work on CM either?
16. Yeah... volume starts low and slowly gets louder... you'll see the little checkbox when setting the alarm that says "INCREASING VOLUME"... as far as I know, there are no settings that you can mess with... I believe it starts at silent, and slowly increases to whatever your "Alarm Volume" is set to...
17. On lockscreen "Slide"... you can set targets on the lockring... you can either have 5 or 8... If you use 8, you might find the bottom 3 are sliced off, depending on screen size and/or dpi settings... not much we can do about it on i9100 due to changes in lockscreen design by AOSP... if you don't like the targets being cut off... use 5.
18. I think this was actually for other devices... and might actually have been reverted... for i9100, nothing should really have changed.
19. Will pass that on to Kufi...
20. You can do this yourself, most launchers will let you customise icons... I will pass on to Kufi tho...
21. I believe there was some issues preventing him from theming the latest one... google changed a whole bunch of stuff... and it was either not have dark calendar or have old dark calender...
22. never really used either tbh... I will look into the sound recorder...
23. & 24. I suspect that making these dark was the reasons for the issues and/or old versions... it isn't a simple task of "<color=dark>" in an xml file somewhere
|4.2.2, fast, i9100, light, most stable rom out there is slimbean, slim bean|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|