Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 44,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][05/08]Slim Bean - I9100 [Build 8][FINAL]

Tip us?

eSche
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgesteve View Post
I have seen what you are describing, sometimes when my hand is near the light sensor. Get Lux off the market. It's free and is so much better than the onboard auto brightness. Set your own levels of screen brightness linked to the light conditions. ::thumbup
Doesn't help. I can lower the brightness with this app even more (useless) but can't increase it... Well, I gonna try out other ROMs with dorimanx dualboot to see if it's my device who's ****ed or the Rom. Thanks anyway for the help

foccacia
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][16/02]Slim Bean - I9100 [Stable v1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet.9890427233 View Post
BLN is Led Notifications.. where the LED lights on your touch buttons glow or blink when you get any notifications (email / IM / etc.)
But I could not get BLN to work. What r the correct settings for S2?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

k4bbe
Old
Thanks Meter 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by foccacia View Post
But I could not get BLN to work. What r the correct settings for S2?

You need to be running a custom kernel (Siyah/Dorimanx) and then you need to activate it using the Stweaks app installed with kernel. It's as simple as 123

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/k4bbe
Order a free SIM card for your Mobile. You'll get 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited mobile Internet for only £12 + Free £5 credit for registering with no contract.

HardCorePawn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,789

DONATE TO ME
General Warning:

DON'T use "onandroid"[1] for making backups on latest SlimBean until further notice

It seems that it is incomptabile with the 4.2.1 upgrade It will appear that the backup runs fine, but if you try to restore the backup, none of the user apps are restored (even though they are in /data/app etc)... also, you are highly likely to end up with weird Play Store errors (unknown error: -110 etc)... and all apps listed in "Settings -> Apps -> All Apps" will show size of 0.00B... meaning you cannot clear data/cache for apps etc...

The only fixes are to either restore a backup made with CWM Recovery, or do a full wipe and re-install

Unsure if this is specific to i9100... or if it is affecting other devices as well... but it seems that it affects CM based ROMs as well... The app/script author is aware of this, so hopefully we will get a fix soon

[1] - This includes apps that use onandroid, like "Orange Backup" and H3R3T1C's "Online Nandroid Backup"

No idea what a logcat is or how to get it? Go to-->Logcats by paxChristos<--

If you like my work or I've helped you out and you'd like to show your appreciation... click the thanks button and/or buy me a beer!
<--- The donate button is over there somewhere
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HardCorePawn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

foccacia
Old
Thanks Meter 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4bbe View Post
You need to be running a custom kernel (Siyah/Dorimanx) and then you need to activate it using the Stweaks app installed with kernel. It's as simple as 123

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Yes, I m already on siyah kernel n activated BLN but does not work

ficeball
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorePawn View Post
Actually... this does work... not sure why it didn't work earlier? Must have been a broken test build

As for freeze... you on stock kernel?
dorimanx 7.38
tried v7.45 and still got random freeze
The Following User Says Thank You to ficeball For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HardCorePawn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,789

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficeball View Post
dorimanx 7.38
tried v7.45 and still got random freeze
Then you'll need to go talk to the guys in the DorimanX "Discussion" thread... This is usually the result of fiddling with OC and/or UV... or messing about in STweaks...

Don't forget to provide appropriate logs etc... all the info is in the OP for that thread...

If you like my work or I've helped you out and you'd like to show your appreciation... click the thanks button and/or buy me a beer!

tazsob
Old
(Last edited by tazsob; 22nd February 2013 at 12:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
*deleted*
~Rooted your phone...What to do next??~

ApriliaM3's Host site HERE.
Dorimanx Q&A Thread HERE.
The Red Blur's Cave of Goodies HERE.

S2 GT-I9100
ROM: Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 8
Kernel: Dorimanx 9.36
Modem: XXLS8

HardCorePawn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,789

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazsob View Post
I use an app called Orange Backup..it does a nandroid backup too,. You can find it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2040507
guessing you missed the bit at the bottom of my post? which ironically, you even quoted...

Quote:
[1] - This includes apps that use onandroid, like "Orange Backup" and H3R3T1C's "Online Nandroid Backup"

Orange Backup and Online Nandroid Backup, are just frontend GUI's for the onandroid script... it is onandroid script that is broken, so anything using this script is broken...

The Following User Says Thank You to HardCorePawn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ulysse34
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Hi there,

first of all, a huge thanks to the whole dev team. This is one awesome new release.

However there is a couple of things I would love to see getting addressed :

Buggy stuff

1. The lower part of cLock widget is truncated on SGS2 at 210dpi (and even more at native 240 dpi). I know that it is possible to maximize the widget, but that's not really a solution.
Did you consider using DashClock instead?

2. "Voice input key" is not shown on main keyboard although the option is ticked. Showing it on symbols keyboard does work correctly though.

3. “Voice Dialer” keeps telling "Starting up..." when launched, but never gets ready in order to actually accept a voice command (not sure if this is app or ROM related)

4. Duration still isn't displayed correctly in call logs

5. USB Mass Storage/UMS : There is a strange behaviour that seems to be related to the computers' USB chipset.
Depending on the PC I have tested it with (and even depending on the USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port on a same laptop) once you have turned it off, you will have to unplug and plug the USB cable before turning it on again, otherwise partitions will not be mounted on the computer. Most of the time it does not show the second confirmation popup (which is not useful anyway, I think).
Finally, why does it say "Connected as an installer" in the notification area?

6. MTP file transfer fails with error message on Windows when transferring certain files (seems to be related to capital letters and/or unsupported file extensions). Still investigating...

7. Transfer all files through BT [including APK] does not work, neither in Explorer+ nor in CM FileManager. Explorer+ app developer claims that the issue is system related as his app simply calls available share options from the system.

Missing stuff that used to be there in previous releases

8. "Performance" is missing some options like "CPU voltage" and "Startup tweaks", Init.d, zipalign

9. BLN support missing (was already gone in 3.x)

10. FastCharge feature missing

11. Option to disable SlimBean boot animation

12. Battery icon styles "icon with text" and "icon with centered text" missing (they used to be available and still are in AOKP 4.2.1)

13. No navigation bar and nice background in CWM (like in some earlier releases

14. USB Mass Storage in CWM does not work

I hope these features will be back soon....

Missing stuff that would be nice

15. Add EAP-SIM WiFi authentification method (necessary for hotspots like "FreeWiFi_secure" or "SFR WiFi Mobile" in France)
This used to work in SlimBean 3.1 by replacing the wpa_supplicant file in \system\bin with a version taken from a 4.0.x Samsung ROM.
However, in SlimBean 4.2.1 that procedure partly breaks WiFi support.
There are multiple references to EAP-SIM in "\system\bin\wpa_supplicant"
You might also want to have a look at here

Things I am wondering what exactly they are supposed to do

16. Is "Increasing volume alarm" that the same as "Added ascending volume option to Deskclock" (mentioned twice in change log) I cannot see any settings for these.

17. Whats is 5/8 targets selection?

18. What has been enhanced regarding GPS?

Regarding AIO Dark Gapps

19. Default app selection window is still white. Is that the intended behaviour?

20. Could you replace SMS icon with a Holo Blue couloured one?

21. Google calendar is old (non Play Store) version while in regular AIO the new version is included

22. Wouldn't it be nice to make stock Sound Recorder accessible from the app drawer (like in CM10 nightly) instead of that awkward Speech Recorder

23. Google Ears/Sound Search widget is outdated (it has to be unfreezed for users outside the US by using Market Enabler, then enabled and updated from Play Store)

24. Did you forget to update Play Store to 3.10.10 ?

Thank you,

ulysse

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulysse34 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.2.2, fast, i9100, light, most stable rom out there is slimbean, slim bean