Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (SGS2) - Clean, Simple & Fast (57MB)

Tip us?

cytherean
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by baza14 View Post
Good ROM, but 2 things:
1. very bad launcher as default. It looks horrible on this DPI.
2. I don't care how slim is it, but I want to see multilanguage.
1) There are many launchers in the market....find one that you like.

2) If you want to drop down a nice LARGE AMOUNT OF CASH, maybe krarvind might be able to add it for you.
Samsung Galaxy S III I747 (Bell Canada) | Slim Bean latest | Stock Kernel latest | xx | Stock Modem

Please Click THANKS if my post helped you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cytherean For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytherean View Post
1) There are many launchers in the market....find one that you like.

2) If you want to drop down a nice LARGE AMOUNT OF CASH, maybe krarvind might be able to add it for you.
1) +1. Whatever launcher krarvind would pick, none of them would satisfy every potential user. I rather see him dedicate his considerable skill to stuff that actually matters.

2) -1. I am also, unfortunately, still looking for a nice, big -- no, let me rephrase: HUGE -- pile of cash. I have the hope he doesn't read your post, cytherean, and while he may pass mine as well, chances are he might donate to me. I'd be thankful. Very thankful. ; )

Sent from anywhere between changing my kids' diapers and the ED/ICU/PCC (TT v2.0b4, SGS2)
"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
-- Murphy's Military Laws, as referenced on http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-- Alan Millar

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365
M'kay, now comes the funny part. Let me start of by stating here and now that I am currently on Slim and no longer suffer the unplug/reboot problem. Thanks for all your suggestions -- I REALLY appreciate the thinking along and people waking besides me in any journey. That must be a relic of my time in the military, hehe.

The funny is, I tried each and every suggestion of you guys; whatever trick I tried, however, I still ended up with the aforementioned problem. (I think I have aged at least twenty years the past few days, LOL!) The solution apparently was arrived at when I decided to put aside all good advice and just be my stubborn and hard-headed self. I wiped everything that is sensible to wipe at least three times, coming from the 'defunct' Slim (far from, of course), flashed CM9 on top of it, flashed latest GAPPS (I believe the 210212 version), synced my accounts, restored programs and data with TBP, flashed Slim 3.0 base, and subsequently the 3.0 Essentials, and let it reboot.

I have been in more stressful situations (unfortunately), but as far as flashing is concerned, this was probably one of the longest boots I have stared at. : D I now am a very happy camper, for I have the currently best ICS ROM for my device running without a single hitch (apart from the known bugs, which I've never meaningfully encountered 'in the wild' anyway).

Again: thanks for the advice, guys (and girls?), I don't have a clue why it didn't work out earlier by performing every step according to protocol. First contract with the enemy does, apparently, invalidate whatever plan you might have had. ; )

Sent from anywhere between changing my kids' diapers and the ED/ICU/PCC (TT v2.0b4, SGS2)
-- Murphy's Military Laws, as referenced on http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-- Alan Millar

cytherean
Old
(Last edited by cytherean; 31st March 2012 at 09:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper View Post
1) +1. Whatever launcher krarvind would pick, none of them would satisfy every potential user. I rather see him dedicate his considerable skill to stuff that actually matters.

2) -1. I am also, unfortunately, still looking for a nice, big -- no, let me rephrase: HUGE -- pile of cash. I have the hope he doesn't read your post, cytherean, and while he may pass mine as well, chances are he might donate to me. I'd be thankful. Very thankful. ; )

Not sure if I understand #2.

But I know when talented people like krarvind take their own time to put together a rom and decide to share it, donations are always welcome and I'm sure for the right price additions/options can be added (not to the rom of course but as a flashable package).

Personally I could care less as the rom has everything that I want...I'm just saying.

EDIT: Hey, if anyone is giving out free money (I prefer Silver)....I would like to be at the front of the line.
Samsung Galaxy S III I747 (Bell Canada) | Slim Bean latest | Stock Kernel latest | xx | Stock Modem

MartyHulskemper
Old
(Last edited by MartyHulskemper; 31st March 2012 at 10:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytherean View Post
Not sure if I understand #2.

But I know when talented people like krarvind take their own time to put together a rom and decide to share it, donations are always welcome and I'm sure for the right price additions/options can be added (not to the rom of course but as a flashable package).

Personally I could care less as the rom has everything that I want...I'm just saying.

EDIT: Hey, if anyone is giving out free money (I prefer Silver)....I would like to be at the front of the line.
#2 was a stupid joke, indeed referring to me being interested in a hefty wad of cash as well. As you said, Slim has everything I want or provides great opportunities to modify or add features. It's most important to keep Slim as slim as possible. ; )

EDIT: I just noticed the torch toggle in the power menu is working. Nice work, krarvind (or whoever is responsible)!

-- Alan Millar

cytherean
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper View Post
#2 was a stupid joke, indeed referring to me being interested in a hefty wad of cash as well. As you said, Slim has everything I want or provides great opportunities to modify or add features. It's most important to keep Slim as slim as possible. ; )

That is what I thought but wasn't sure.

Doodalicious
Old
Thanks Meter 4
It's been awhile since I had a rom with smoothness and battery life that surprised me haha. It's super clean and light too, definitely my new daily driver

PS: I use MiLocker coz i love customizing the lockscreen, anyone experienced battery drain with it before?

Great Rom! Definitely recommend haha!

Misterjokerboy
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Only been using the rom half a day, but I can already see that I have made the right choice. Have spent a lot of time checking out all the different configuration options

Have a couple of very minor things, have checked pretty much all settings and can't see anything that I can use.

1. My contacts are stored on my sim card, I found the option to import the contacts but most of my contacts are in there 3 times. I more than likely did something stupid, but does anyone know if there's a way I can get rid of the duplicates? I was hoping that I might have the option to just read contacts from sim card but couldn't see an option for that if there is one

2. When I receive a text message or missed phonecall, I get the notification in the status bar at the top but not in the sms or phone icons at the bottom

Both of these things are very minor and may well both be caused by me doing something wrong
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2
Rom: Slim ICS 4.2
Kernel: Stock Slim
Baseband: LPQ

fronti90
Old
Thanks Meter 1464

DONATE TO ME
My guess about the contacts is that u stored them on sim and ur Google account and perhaps locally on ur phone too ;)
I would recommend that u log in to ur Google account on a PC and check that under contacts. I can easily manage all ur contacts there!

For notification at icons I used go launcher and go notifications but I am not sure if go notification is a stand alone apk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Google Nexus 5 powered by

Core-Member of SlimTeam
The Following User Says Thank You to fronti90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterjokerboy
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronti90 View Post
My guess about the contacts is that u stored them on sim and ur Google account and perhaps locally on ur phone too ;)
I would recommend that u log in to ur Google account on a PC and check that under contacts. I can easily manage all ur contacts there!

For notification at icons I used go launcher and go notifications but I am not sure if go notification is a stand alone apk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
I didn't realise my SIM contacts would have synched with google and for some reason I never even thought to check, lol. All the same duplications were there and there is even a very handy option in "more" to find and merge duplicates
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2
Rom: Slim ICS 4.2
Kernel: Stock Slim
Baseband: LPQ

Tags
aosp, fast and smooth, rom, slim bean!!, slim ics pure google experience, slim ics-best daily driver