Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (SGS2) - Clean, Simple & Fast (57MB)

Tip us?

moedin
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I was wondering now that I have switched to ICS how to get the same phone options as I had in GB. Options like pressing power to end call and how the screen lock works in call, auto redial, etc... How do i get those options back while still keeping Slim?

Thanks and great work on the rom!
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxsy S3 i747M

JayJ-1974
Old
(Last edited by JayJ-1974; 18th April 2012 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronti90 View Post
Wierd... Have u tried following the instructions under ASS lcd density?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
On a number of occasions, multiple times! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Ho View Post
If you download LCD Density Modder Pro you can downloaded a Modded Market in that and a Modded GSF, I had the same problems as you and tried a lot of modded markets posted up on XDA but the Modded GSF seemed to be the thing that sorted everything out for me =)
Thanks but I can't see the point in an app that does something ASS does, besides I've found a work around. Dualboot secondary ROM a la Siyah kernel and do a TB of the app, then restore in Slim. If anything breaks restore from nandroid.

EDIT- Sorry for my ignorance but what is GSF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krarvind View Post
are you 100% stock slim. Did you flash gapps after mine?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Hi krarvind,

Yes I did flash Gapps, the one from your link and I'm using Siyah kernel v3.1rc5.

Could one of these be to blame because I did exactly the same with CM9 and no 940 errors there?

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my Slim ICS powered GT-I9100
Nexus 5 4.4.4/TWRP 2.7.1.1
Nexus 7 FHD 4.4.4/TWRP 2.7.1.1

krarvind
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 12724

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJ-1974 View Post
On a number of occasions, multiple times! lol

Thanks but I can't see the point in an app that does something ASS does, besides I've found a work around. Dualboot secondary ROM a la Siyah kernel and do a TB of the app, then restore in Slim. If anything breaks restore from nandroid.

EDIT- Sorry for my ignorance but what is GSF?

Hi krarvind,

Yes I did flash Gapps, the one from your link and I'm using Siyah kernel v3.1rc5.

Could one of these be to blame because I did exactly the same with CM9 and no 940 errors there?

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my Slim ICS powered GT-I9100
I didn't link gapps afaik. gsf = google services framework, you have to match my market with gsf I provide on the base or else it won't work

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
USB Debugging:Here

NOTE: Search, Read, Produce a Logcat then report any Stock Slim Issues
The Following User Says Thank You to krarvind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JayJ-1974
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
I didn't link gapps afaik. gsf = google services framework, you have to match my market with gsf I provide on the base or else it won't work

Ma bad...

No I didn't flash gapps, I did flash your Removed_Addon.zip though so my market does match my GSF.

Sorry got confused!

But that still leaves me with these 940 errors?

My recent install was done from CM9 recent nightly with complete wipe including format system in mounts & storage, I flashed 3.3 base twice then 3.3 essentials and then 3.3 Removed_Addon.zip and Siyah kernel....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

krarvind
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 12724

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJ-1974 View Post
Ma bad...

No I didn't flash gapps, I did flash your Removed_Addon.zip though so my market does match my GSF.

Sorry got confused!

But that still leaves me with these 940 errors?

My recent install was done from CM9 recent nightly with complete wipe including format system in mounts & storage, I flashed 3.3 base twice then 3.3 essentials and then 3.3 Removed_Addon.zip and Siyah kernel....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Only thing i can suggest is to just flash base + essentials 3.3 and see if it works. My market and gsf combo should work for any dpi on any app.

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
USB Debugging:Here

NOTE: Search, Read, Produce a Logcat then report any Stock Slim Issues

JayJ-1974
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Only thing i can suggest is to just flash base + essentials 3.3 and see if it works. My market and gsf combo should work for any dpi on any app.
I'll give it a try...

Please don't think I'm criticizing krarvind, I love this ROM and will be donating as soon as funds are better.

Thanks for your time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kxnzxmori
Old
(Last edited by kxnzxmori; 18th April 2012 at 03:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
ok guys i need some feedback from u
if i run my device with custom kernels (neak or siyah) i get once per battery charge somthing like a reboot, that means slim bootanimation pops up and then the phone is back to normal i dont have to enter pin and the battery overview only shows about the last 3 hours even if the phone was running for longer and battery drops about 15-20%
the other thing is that my music seems to get duplicated on the external sd in some way. that means every song shows up multiple times in music apps but i can only play one of them and there is only one visible with root explorer

those things arent happening with stock kernel so i am curious whether any of u guys have the same issues or if someone knows the cause/a solution
1) Do you UV? If yes, try to restore to default values and see if it still persists.

2) Try to format your external sd and copy your files again or clear data in your music app.

P/S: I'm using neak and i have yet to encounter such issues you're facing.
LG Nexus 5 D821 16GB White
ROM:
Purity (KK 4.4.2
KVT94L)
Kernel:
franco.Kernel

Baseband Version: .23

Recovery:
CWM Swipe 6.0.4.6

Bootloader:
HHZ11k
The Following User Says Thank You to kxnzxmori For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Twiq
Old
Thanks Meter 695
Quote:
ok guys i need some feedback from u
if i run my device with custom kernels (neak or siyah) i get once per battery charge somthing like a reboot, that means slim bootanimation pops up and then the phone is back to normal i dont have to enter pin and the battery overview only shows about the last 3 hours even if the phone was running for longer and battery drops about 15-20%
the other thing is that my music seems to get duplicated on the external sd in some way. that means every song shows up multiple times in music apps but i can only play one of them and there is only one visible with root explorer

those things arent happening with stock kernel so i am curious whether any of u guys have the same issues or if someone knows the cause/a solution
battery drop: try charging till 100%, then power off the phone and take out the battery from the phone for 2-5 minutes, then turn on normally.
(concluded from all the posts from THIS THREAD)

dupe music: this happened once to me, but it's pictures, not music.. when i open gallery, there are lots of pics but they are just dupes and they are on my external SD card only. when i connect the phone to PC using MTP, the folders also shown 2-4 times with same names.
my solution was connecting with UMS mode, then run scandisk from PC.
and *POOF* dupes be gone !

see if it helps before you format

SGS2 | CPU Group 5 running SlimKat / SlimSaber 4.4 powered by Dorimanx Test Builds
200Mhz: 800mV | 500Mhz: 875mV | 800Mhz: 975mV | 1000Mhz: 1025mV | 1200Mhz: 1150mV

The Following User Says Thank You to Twiq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fronti90
Old
Thanks Meter 1437

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4z0r View Post
1) Do you UV? If yes, try to restore to default values and see if it still persists.

2) Try to format your external sd and copy your files again or clear data in your music app.

P/S: I'm using neak and i have yet to encounter such issues you're facing.
1) nope no uv
2) tried it with same results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiq View Post
battery drop: try charging till 100%, then power off the phone and take out the battery from the phone for 2-5 minutes, then turn on normally.
(concluded from all the posts from THIS THREAD)

dupe music: this happened once to me, but it's pictures, not music.. when i open gallery, there are lots of pics but they are just dupes and they are on my external SD card only. when i connect the phone to PC using MTP, the folders also shown 2-4 times with same names.
my solution was connecting with UMS mode, then run scandisk from PC.
and *POOF* dupes be gone !

see if it helps before you format
Thanks will try that ;) with ums mode u mean the app I assume? Cause that app crashed my SwiftKey app xD
The battery drop only happens after that wierd reboot does that really help? Or du u think that is more like an autocalibration side effect? Will try that too anyway ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Google Nexus 5 powered by

Core-Member of SlimTeam

z.alimohamed
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi,

I have been using this rom for about a week now and loving it so far. I have noticed a couple of things and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.

1. When you open an application, say Facebook, and press the back button to close the app, you're taken back to the home screen and not back to the list off apps like in stock rom. Has this been done intentionally?

2. During a call, when the screen is off, you can't reduce the in call volume. Only when you move the phone away and the screen comes on can the volume be reduced.

Is there any workaround to the above? I do apologise if I have offended anyone, especially the developer, with the above.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to z.alimohamed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aosp, fast and smooth, rom, slim bean!!, slim ics pure google experience, slim ics-best daily driver