[4.1.2]Lower default minimum brightness

OP mandoku

2nd May 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 17

46 posts
Okay guys,
I have been trying to do lower the default manual brightness level further myself for some time now and I really need help.
I've tried different apps and really this would be the best way to do it if only I could (I run into re-compiling errors).

I chose to come look for help since we have so many devs and contributers on this lovely forum

Here is the plan:

1) Decompile framework-res.apk ( untouched framework-res.apk file uploaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/?ixg5b45gje5m4dz )

2) Then head into framework-res.apk/res/values/arrays.xml

3) See if you can find lines similar to these:

config_screenBrightnessSettingMinimum
config_screenBrightnessDim.

4) Change the value to 4 for both lines.

5) Re-compile.

All I would like to do is to change the manual minimum brightness level to 4, which should be possible by those two lines.
Hope its not too much to ask and probably more can make use of this too.
Thanks for everything!

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandoku For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 130

144 posts
More
Or you could just install Dorimanx kernel and use Stweaks to do it, no long winded decompile/recompile of anything needed

Plus get you get a ton of other tweakable settings and better battery life
3rd May 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 17

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylemessiah

Or you could just install Dorimanx kernel and use Stweaks to do it, no long winded decompile/recompile of anything needed

Plus get you get a ton of other tweakable settings and better battery life

I will have to disagree. Fully stock deodexed + rooted + debloated is amazing. Stability and battery like never before. And yeah I have tried other kernels, my taste is just different.

Now, I already found a way to make what I am asking for. If anyone can help, then great, if no, then I gotta find some other way by my own.
3rd May 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 130

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoku

I will have to disagree. Fully stock deodexed + rooted + debloated is amazing. Stability and battery like never before. And yeah I have tried other kernels, my taste is just different.

Now, I already found a way to make what I am asking for. If anyone can help, then great, if no, then I gotta find some other way by my own.

Confused by your "i must disagree with you", wasnt aware id made a point that could be argued and i never said anything about ROM's.........you *might* want to read my signature

Umm, i run stock 4.1.2 myself with amazing battery and stability etc, and use Dorimanx to give me some of that....just saying
Last edited by stylemessiah; 3rd May 2014 at 04:13 PM.
4th May 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 19,472

7,591 posts
Donate to Me
More
Pls post the log .

Regards,

Neel
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread