Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APK] Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD

Tip us?

sharljimhtsin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
download PLAY v3.5.16 MOD,uninstall the original PLAY & the previous Market,install the mod one via ES File Explorer.then restart Phone.

it will FC while i try to install any app via the new PLAY.

p.s. my phone is Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 with official ROM.

prahasta
Old
Thanks Meter 10
i'v followed all the instruction several times, and still failed. at the end of installing process, "application not installed".

azier
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by prahasta View Post
i'v followed all the instruction several times, and still failed. at the end of installing process, "application not installed".
+1 same problem

xuan89
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i used ROM toolbox to uninstall the official play store....but after i install the MOD i dun know why it still works like the official one...for e.g i cant download YUILOP before and after modding...I m on Samsung 4.03 XLPQ official with CF root.

eastangliauk
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Hi
I have rooted my phone but this still won't work for me.
Just keeps saying app not installed

teddybaerd
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Just copy the apk with e.g. RootExplorer in /sdcard/system/apps folder and restart. Works for me with the modded version

kizax
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashidi_zin View Post
Yes. Your device need to be rooted.

Rashidi Zin
Thanks for the answer

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

Supaiku
Old
(Last edited by Supaiku; 20th April 2012 at 03:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43
I am also unable to uninstall the regular Play Vendor with Titanium Backup (crashes), Root Uninstaller (no error, but apparently fails, because the install error remains the same), nor install the mod with Root Explorer (gives "same name with conflicting signature" error).

Anyone?

Would having the Play Vendor app not listed as a system app do the trick?

EDIT: I also tried mounting the system partition R/W and renaming the app, then naming the modded version as the same app, and restarting. This just left the app unavailable. Installing it failed, but without saying way.

soberarmy
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Installed OK and loads up faster but don't see a difference in been able to download app that i usually could not. Cant even download the free music song it gives me and error. Mod needs work, but will be cool when its working properly .

Rain_1
Old
(Last edited by Rain_1; 20th April 2012 at 05:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
I can install both the un-moded and the modded versions without any issues: They install, they run and work as normal.

UNLESS I try to download something. Then the "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped." message shows up and throws me back to the homescreen.

Trying to run the market again only gives me that message.

Rebooting allows the market to work, but if I try to install anything, same issue.

I can't delete the "smdl2tmp1.asec" under ".android.secure" on my computer because it isn't there when I browse the phone.

I'm using a Galaxy S (i9000) with the latest CyanogenMod nightly.

Any ideas?

Edit: Figured it out! I already had 3.5.16 installed, so I removed it with Titanium Backup prior to installing the modded version. However, simply installing it doesn't install the application as a System App. That's what's making the Google Play Store error out and close.

Installing it as a system app using Titanium Backup made it work as supposed. I don't know about the country restrictions and model restrictions, but the market works.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Rain_1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
3.5.16, android, google, play, store