[APK] Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD

Search This thread

sharljimhtsin

Dec 31, 2010
Shanghai
download PLAY v3.5.16 MOD,uninstall the original PLAY & the previous Market,install the mod one via ES File Explorer.then restart Phone.

it will FC while i try to install any app via the new PLAY.

p.s. my phone is Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 with official ROM.

prahasta

Apr 20, 2011
Bengkoeloe
i'v followed all the instruction several times, and still failed. at the end of installing process, "application not installed". :confused:

xuan89

Apr 18, 2012
dhaka
i used ROM toolbox to uninstall the official play store....but after i install the MOD i dun know why it still works like the official one...for e.g i cant download YUILOP before and after modding...I m on Samsung 4.03 XLPQ official with CF root.

teddybaerd

Dec 3, 2011
Just copy the apk with e.g. RootExplorer in /sdcard/system/apps folder and restart. Works for me with the modded version :)

Supaiku

Oct 18, 2010
I am also unable to uninstall the regular Play Vendor with Titanium Backup (crashes), Root Uninstaller (no error, but apparently fails, because the install error remains the same), nor install the mod with Root Explorer (gives "same name with conflicting signature" error).

Anyone?

Would having the Play Vendor app not listed as a system app do the trick?

EDIT: I also tried mounting the system partition R/W and renaming the app, then naming the modded version as the same app, and restarting. This just left the app unavailable. Installing it failed, but without saying way.

Last edited:

soberarmy

Jan 21, 2011
San Diego
OnePlus 8
Installed OK and loads up faster but don't see a difference in been able to download app that i usually could not. Cant even download the free music song it gives me and error. Mod needs work, but will be cool when its working properly .

Rain_1

Aug 6, 2010
I can install both the un-moded and the modded versions without any issues: They install, they run and work as normal.

UNLESS I try to download something. Then the "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped." message shows up and throws me back to the homescreen.

Trying to run the market again only gives me that message.

Rebooting allows the market to work, but if I try to install anything, same issue.

I can't delete the "smdl2tmp1.asec" under ".android.secure" on my computer because it isn't there when I browse the phone.

I'm using a Galaxy S (i9000) with the latest CyanogenMod nightly.

Any ideas?

Edit: Figured it out! I already had 3.5.16 installed, so I removed it with Titanium Backup prior to installing the modded version. However, simply installing it doesn't install the application as a System App. That's what's making the Google Play Store error out and close.

Installing it as a system app using Titanium Backup made it work as supposed. I don't know about the country restrictions and model restrictions, but the market works.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: sharljimhtsin

emtchief22

Nov 11, 2010
It was simple, what I did:
1-Uninstall Google Play
2-Downloaded Root Explorer
3-Open Root Explorer, scroll down to system and apps.
4- Go down to Vending.apk and copy it and Past it somewhere safe.
5- Delete it and replace it with Modded version.
6- Click on the Modded Version and Install.
7-Reboot And open Google Play and Enjoy.

It took me a while to figure it out but I got it to work. The downside of it that The apps I research I can't find them, not sure why.

Reactions: sharljimhtsin

xxplozive

Apr 21, 2012
Lost google play and unable to get it back

Hey guys, just wanted to add my experience and see if anyone can help. I rooted my phone, renamed the original Phonesky.apk and replaced it with vending.apk and renamed it to Phonesky.apk and rebooted. Wasnt' able to get Play to start, sait it had to stop or close. I uninstalled it using root uninstaller and then tried to reinstall using a backup from Titanium, keeps giving me "Application not installed" without any other message. Any other suggestions? Using an HTC One X w/ ICS fully rooted, using root explorer to manage files.

thommi12

Apr 21, 2012
Just copy the apk with e.g. RootExplorer in /sdcard/system/apps folder and restart. Works for me with the modded version :)

Not work, i see with Market Enable now the Apps, but i get the same message: not available in your country.

I have tried to delete the old from sys./apps, renamed the new one...restart, clear all cache etc, but didn't cant download it.

teddybaerd

Dec 3, 2011
Try this one: db.tt/xqoFTdtL (flashable with CWM)
It's still 3.5.15, but it works on CM9 AOKP (credits to Sakaschi).

FrankNS

Mar 4, 2011
Installed the modded apk from first post, but don't worked for me!

Edit: Used US VPN and Market Enabler but don't get it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-22-04-32-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-22-04-32-16.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 312
  • Screenshot_2012-04-22-04-48-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-22-04-48-23.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

Supaiku

Oct 18, 2010
In order to make paid apps availible to me from overseas I:
1. Force End Task "Google Play Store"
2. Cleared app cache/data for "Google Play Store"
3. Used Paid Apps Enabler (or another such app) to change my gsm operator code and country.
4. Used Open VPN to connect from a US source.
5. Restarted Google Play (the modded version).

I used to just need to end Market's task, and change my gsm operator. I'm not actually sure the vpn and cache/data clearing, and modded Play Store are necessary. I'll test further later.

EDIT: Seems that even with the vpn and the modded Play store, while viewing of paid apps works, actually buying them doesn't. FAIL. At least one of my devices makes it possible (My tablet, perhaps because it doesn't have a SIM card? still lets me purchase with just Paid Apps Enabler's gsm operator code change...)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOI4K.png

cCQcr.png
    j4dSD.png
    Fgify.png
    ehmlA.png

Google Play Store (Android Market) v3.5.16
    Requirements: Android v2.2+
    Overview: Play Anywhere, All your entertainment in one place, Google Play is your one-stop shop for all your favorite entertainment.

ChangeLog:

- Play Store has becomes lot more faster than 3.5.15,
    - Frequent force close errors for the users of Froyo 2.2 has been addressed,
    - Works faster even on Slower data speeds,
    - Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
    ----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    ----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).
    ----A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates.

DISCLAIMER​
    :

Proceed with caution and at your own risk. I am no way to be held responsible for any loss of data or any damage to your phone as a result of you using this mod.

Using this Mod:
    - You cannot download/buy apps that are not available in your country. You can only view them in Google Play Store.
    - You cannot download Paid apps for free.

NB: Google has control on the server side, therefore it is NOT possible to make a version that allows you to buy/download apps that are not available in your country.

Mod version features:
    - Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
    - Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
    - Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

You can only replace the current market apk for the original non-modded version.
    You will require ROOT if you want to install the Modded version!

Installation Guide

For non-modded version:

1) Download the apk from the links
    2) Put the apk on the phone ,don't use adb install *.apk in won't work it will say it already exists
    3) Open the apk from the phone using a File explorer (e.g. ES File Explorer/Root explorer)
    4) it will ask you if you want to replace the current market,press yes.
    5) Wait for install and voila you have the new market :)

NOTE:this method replaces the old market.

For Modded version:

1) ROOT is REQUIRED! If you haven't rooted you phone then shoot yourself already!
    2) You will need to Download 'Root Explorer' and mount as 'R/W' or any file browser that can access /root folder if you don't already have it installed.
    3) Go to '/system/app/' and backup the 'Vending.apk' (Gingerbread) or 'Phonesky.apk' (ICS) to your SD Card (leave the Vending.odex untouched!).
    4) Check if you have either 'Vending.apk' or 'Phonesky.apk' and delete it.
    5) Now, Move the modded apk that you have downloaded to '/system/app/' and rename it the same as your backup version.
    6) Change the Permission to 'rw-r--r--'
    7) NOW, Reboot your phone!
    8) Finito!

Troubleshoot:
    If you have download problem after Installing new market do this

" Connect your phone to your computer,
    set in usb mass storage mode. Look for
    a hidden folder called ".android_ secure"
    and then delete the file
    "smdl2tmp1 .asec". Unmount and you
    should be good to go."

(Credit: androidadvices.com @Changelog

Mirrors:

Google Play Store v3.5.16
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t7bvus8qwee826a

Google Play Store v3.5.16 MOD
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n3bjcxpnbn6ssxm
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

http://rapidgator.net/file/2202601/Vending.apk.html
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

Thanks, works for me on CM9. I unistalled the old market with titanium backup after a nandroid backup and placed vending.apk it in /system/apps, reboot and finished :)
    - Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
    ----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    ----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).

It's already on v3.5.15
    @protetul: don't try to install it, download the version that xinfinityoO posted and place it in /system/app, change the permissions and reboot, it should work. I use the latest nightly of CM9 and it works great.