[APK] Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD

Tip us?

lrm537
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiK31291 View Post
i wouldnt know yet, mine says it wont install because of the same signiture apk
I uninstalled the Google Play app using Rom Toolbox (and froze the market updater with the same app) before moving the mod version of the Play Store to System\app. It installed fine and everything works as it would normaly. Just don't think i'm seeing any apps that would've been unavailable in the UK.

MiK31291
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrm537 View Post
I uninstalled the Google Play app using Rom Toolbox (and froze the market updater with the same app) before moving the mod version of the Play Store to System\app. It installed fine and everything works as it would normaly. Just don't think i'm seeing any apps that would've been unavailable in the UK.
is there a way of doing this without root? the only reason i ask is because i havent rooted my Galaxy Nexus. couldnt i just stop the data connection, remove the app and then install this one over the top?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppelonD View Post
I can't update or download anything, every time I try the app crashes. But I can brows without problems though the store.

What am I missing, can it be some old cache data there makes it go "Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped." ?
have you tried browsing through the play store on your pc? some people reported that they could install the apps that way. if that doesnt work, then i dont know what else to try im afraid.

lrm537
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
is there a way of doing this without root? the only reason i ask is because i havent rooted my Galaxy Nexus. couldnt i just stop the data connection, remove the app and then install this one over the top?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

have you tried browsing through the play store on your pc? some people reported that they could install the apps that way. if that doesnt work, then i dont know what else to try im afraid.
Tried clearing the cache on the Play Store? I'm sure plenty have tried it, but not sure if it's helped them or not.

AppelonD
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

No sorry I didn't. But I kept playing around, and in the end I had to jump back to 3.4.4 and then update my way to make it work again. I even tried to jump from 3.4.4 to the modded version, but the same problem kept appearing. "Purchased order failed downloading" or something like that, came every time I tried update or download free or paid.

I'm a little sad, I really could taste the Global (no boundaries) Play Store for a short while..

kemistry01
Old
Thanks Meter 33
i don't know but i can't seem to have a search feature. i press on the search button but soft keyboard doesn't seem to appear. so i can;t search. but i can browse.

captainreynolds
Old
(Last edited by captainreynolds; 16th April 2012 at 01:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 77
OP

Might want to make the OP a little more clear. Mainly concerning the non-modded and modded version. You're going to get a lot of traffic b/c this is on the front page, and it'll save everyone's brains if this thread doesn't get flooded with irrelevant questions.

Also, which one do I use? The OP or the second guy's?

Ugh. Doesn't matter, neither worked for me. Apps that Google deems "incompatible" still aren't available in search, simply b/c my dpi is 210 instead of the default 240 for HDPI devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to captainreynolds For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stfudude
Old
(Last edited by stfudude; 16th April 2012 at 03:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by codestation View Post
Doesn't work here at all. I tried copying to /system/app directly. Also tried removing the original with TB, install the modded one, then moving it as a system app. I still have to use market enabler to change country and the market doesn't let me download because country restrictions (yes, i also deleted the app data before every try).
it doesn't work with my phone too. i have to use market enabler to change carrier but i still can't buy any app. have you found any workaround to this problem yet? please share
Edit: i attached a picture to better illustrate the problem i'm having. i'm using modded version + carrier spoof (with Market Enabler app)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainreynolds View Post
Also, which one do I use? The OP or the second guy's?
both doesn't work, with my phone. i don't know about others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-16-03-56-10.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1006336  
Galaxy S I9000 -given to dad-
Galaxy S II I9100 -mainboard died-
Galaxy S III I9300 -sold-
Nexus 7 3G -sold-
Nexus 7 2013 (flo) | Stock KOT49H rooted + faux kernel
Moto G dual sim (XT1033) | Stock Motorola Asia firmware, Android 4.4.2, not rooted | currently testing for hardware issues

I'm not sorry at all for my English, go read my name. LOL

omar.abbas
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by panoz View Post
Is there a way to have a modded and dpi-hardcoded version?

Pretty please?!?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
+1 for this one!

If my post helped you then hit thanks

xinfinityoO
Old
Thanks Meter 358
the one i posted works fine for me.. a few pages back i suggested a method to install it or for ppl who gets errors.. it worked for me on the first try

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

here is another version i found.. i havnt tested it .. so BACKUP first

Be sure, your phone is rooted properly
Download Root Explorer if you don't have it installed
Go to /system/app/ and delete the Vending.apk (leave the Vending.odex untouched!). Sure, youc an backup your old Vending.apk to your SDCard as well.
Install the downloaded Vending.apk
Reboot your phone
Start Play Store and grant the access. You'll be asked to do so
Enjoy!
http://depositfiles.com/files/x697gci7e

mirror:
http://yfdisk.com/file/wodeaigsq/6ae77ef3/
ROM: RomMIX_byRush v5.5
Kernel: DreamKernel 2.7.2

Galaid
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Anyone knows why I still can not see Google Maps after succesfully installed the mod? What else could I try?

Tags
3.5.16, android, google, play, store