[APK] Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD

Search This thread

mitky82

Account currently disabled
Feb 2, 2011
Wtf?! I cant download anything... with older version, with this... i dont have that file, to delete it.... where is the f***n problem? I cant update any of my aplications. I use cm9 from week ago i have no market available. Only watching but cant download...

devaljain1998

Mar 30, 2012
Jaipur
Saying file system is read only

Thanks, works for me on CM9. I unistalled the old market with titanium backup after a nandroid backup and placed vending.apk it in /system/apps, reboot and finished :)

I too uninstalled Google Play Store 3.5.15 with Titanium Backup but when I use root explorer to copy Vending.apk it says that file system is read-only....

So what should I do?

BeefTrust

Sep 7, 2011
I too uninstalled Google Play Store 3.5.15 with Titanium Backup but when I use root explorer to copy Vending.apk it says that file system is read-only....

So what should I do?

Did you changed the permissions in Root Explorer to R/W? On the top right it says R/W when you open it first. click it, then you can copy. If you click again, it goes to Mount R/O again. That means Read-Only but R/W means Read-Write i think.

Now someone help me! When I try to open it, it instantly closes. I have the Old Xperia Project latest by Paul-xxx with nAa-11

xinfinityoO

May 14, 2011
Wellington
Did you changed the permissions in Root Explorer to R/W? On the top right it says R/W when you open it first. click it, then you can copy. If you click again, it goes to Mount R/O again. That means Read-Only but R/W means Read-Write i think.

Now someone help me! When I try to open it, it instantly closes. I have the Old Xperia Project latest by Paul-xxx with nAa-11

if you have copied the vending apk to systems/app make sure you have given proper permisisons to the file using root explorer. i usually tick all the permission box..lol

• remove your google account
    go to system/data/accounts.db rename it to accounts.db.bak
    clear play market cache using applications
    reboot too recovery clear cache and dalvik
    reboot
    start market and add ur google account

see if that works

panoz

Jan 20, 2007
Is there a way to have a modded and dpi-hardcoded version?

Pretty please?!?! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

baustoff

Jun 15, 2011
Unfortunately I get FC by opening this modified apk. Perhaps I should delete market data before replacing the apk file.

I will try it :)

Thank you anyway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOI4K.png

cCQcr.png
    j4dSD.png
    Fgify.png
    ehmlA.png

Google Play Store (Android Market) v3.5.16
    Requirements: Android v2.2+
    Overview: Play Anywhere, All your entertainment in one place, Google Play is your one-stop shop for all your favorite entertainment.

ChangeLog:

- Play Store has becomes lot more faster than 3.5.15,
    - Frequent force close errors for the users of Froyo 2.2 has been addressed,
    - Works faster even on Slower data speeds,
    - Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
    ----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    ----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).
    ----A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates.

DISCLAIMER​
    :

Proceed with caution and at your own risk. I am no way to be held responsible for any loss of data or any damage to your phone as a result of you using this mod.

Using this Mod:
    - You cannot download/buy apps that are not available in your country. You can only view them in Google Play Store.
    - You cannot download Paid apps for free.

NB: Google has control on the server side, therefore it is NOT possible to make a version that allows you to buy/download apps that are not available in your country.

Mod version features:
    - Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
    - Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
    - Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

You can only replace the current market apk for the original non-modded version.
    You will require ROOT if you want to install the Modded version!

Installation Guide

For non-modded version:

1) Download the apk from the links
    2) Put the apk on the phone ,don't use adb install *.apk in won't work it will say it already exists
    3) Open the apk from the phone using a File explorer (e.g. ES File Explorer/Root explorer)
    4) it will ask you if you want to replace the current market,press yes.
    5) Wait for install and voila you have the new market :)

NOTE:this method replaces the old market.

For Modded version:

1) ROOT is REQUIRED! If you haven't rooted you phone then shoot yourself already!
    2) You will need to Download 'Root Explorer' and mount as 'R/W' or any file browser that can access /root folder if you don't already have it installed.
    3) Go to '/system/app/' and backup the 'Vending.apk' (Gingerbread) or 'Phonesky.apk' (ICS) to your SD Card (leave the Vending.odex untouched!).
    4) Check if you have either 'Vending.apk' or 'Phonesky.apk' and delete it.
    5) Now, Move the modded apk that you have downloaded to '/system/app/' and rename it the same as your backup version.
    6) Change the Permission to 'rw-r--r--'
    7) NOW, Reboot your phone!
    8) Finito!

Troubleshoot:
    If you have download problem after Installing new market do this

" Connect your phone to your computer,
    set in usb mass storage mode. Look for
    a hidden folder called ".android_ secure"
    and then delete the file
    "smdl2tmp1 .asec". Unmount and you
    should be good to go."

(Credit: androidadvices.com @Changelog

Mirrors:

Google Play Store v3.5.16
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t7bvus8qwee826a

Google Play Store v3.5.16 MOD
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n3bjcxpnbn6ssxm
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

http://rapidgator.net/file/2202601/Vending.apk.html
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

Thanks, works for me on CM9. I unistalled the old market with titanium backup after a nandroid backup and placed vending.apk it in /system/apps, reboot and finished :)
    - Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
    ----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    ----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).

It's already on v3.5.15
    @protetul: don't try to install it, download the version that xinfinityoO posted and place it in /system/app, change the permissions and reboot, it should work. I use the latest nightly of CM9 and it works great.