Thread Closed

[APP] Apollo Music Black Widget

OP D4rKn3sSyS

13th June 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Monteria
Thanks Meter: 16,008
 
3,774 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Well guys, I made this cuz I hated that white thing, it really messes up how my UI looks, basically wrote a few things on Apollo sources and resources, for making widget black, as seems like themes cant do it

This is a part I sumbitted to CM gerrit (Only the new widgets that don't use resources but a shape, marquee effect, plus 25% transparency resource and that awesome pressed effect), wich I hope Andrew neals merges soon. As for the widget, I just themed a few images with Gimp, overwrote layouts with holo_light, and some sources with holo_light too (too much work now that I think it :/)

This is a preview


Remind this only themes widget. If you want to theme the entire app, use black theme together with this.

All the credits go to CyanogenMod team, specifically to Andrew Neal, who wrote Apollo.

For installing, push to /system/app, replace if you already had it, and set permission to 644
or

xxo
xoo
xoo

EDIT: I'm sorry if it looks ugly or somehow messed, im not themer but developer, not used to do PNG's but .java & .xml (those are surelly not messed )
Attached Files
File Type: apk Apollo.apk - [Click for QR Code] (424.0 KB, 5812 views)
Last edited by D4rKn3sSyS; 13th June 2012 at 05:08 AM.
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2012, 08:55 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
372 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
My exact sentiments man...
Thanks for this one, this looks great!
16th June 2012, 04:24 AM   |  #3  
Member
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Thanks Meter: 7
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
November Rain?
Come As You Are?
Dude, i love you.

Will check this out, I like how it looks :3
16th June 2012, 08:26 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,840
 
9,006 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS

Well guys, I made this cuz I hated that white thing, it really messes up how my UI looks, basically wrote a few things on Apollo sources and resources, for making widget black, as seems like themes cant do it

This is a part I sumbitted to CM gerrit (Only the new widgets that don't use resources but a shape, marquee effect, plus 25% transparency resource and that awesome pressed effect), wich I hope Andrew neals merges soon. As for the widget, I just themed a few images with Gimp, overwrote layouts with holo_light, and some sources with holo_light too (too much work now that I think it :/)

This is a preview


Remind this only themes widget. If you want to theme the entire app, use black theme together with this.

All the credits go to CyanogenMod team, specifically to Andrew Neal, who wrote Apollo.

For installing, push to /system/app, replace if you already had it, and set permission to 644
or

xxo
xoo
xoo

EDIT: I'm sorry if it looks ugly or somehow messed, im not themer but developer, not used to do PNG's but .java & .xml (those are surelly not messed )

I really like your taste in music

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to iamnotkurtcobain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2012, 11:46 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,734
 
2,604 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Thank you so much! I really wanted to make it black <3
IMHO it looks amazing. Good job! Better than original widget without transparency ;p
Last edited by olokos; 16th June 2012 at 11:51 PM.
17th June 2012, 06:13 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer
Monteria
Thanks Meter: 16,008
 
3,774 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos

Thank you so much! I really wanted to make it black <3
IMHO it looks amazing. Good job! Better than original widget without transparency ;p

Yeah well it seems Andrew Neal (who wrote the app) didn't like the transparency and he just -1'd the change I did sumbit to gerrit, even after other 4 users gave +1 :/. So I guess you will have old widget on CM nightlies.
18th June 2012, 02:40 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 24
 
496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Super duper stuff...

But don't have the album art in the widget like you???
18th June 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #8  
Member
Pune
Thanks Meter: 7
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
this is really cool
Thanks mate
18th June 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 655
 
1,239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS

Yeah well it seems Andrew Neal (who wrote the app) didn't like the transparency and he just -1'd the change I did sumbit to gerrit, even after other 4 users gave +1 :/. So I guess you will have old widget on CM nightlies.

Can't u cherry pick them in ur paranoidandroid rom?

Sent from My Samsung Galaxy S2 running Paranoidandroid Rom.What else if not?=P
18th June 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Developer
Monteria
Thanks Meter: 16,008
 
3,774 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartoloandre98

Can't u cherry pick them in ur paranoidandroid rom?

Sent from My Samsung Galaxy S2 running Paranoidandroid Rom.What else if not?=P

Yep, I can do it, but I'd like to see it merged on Apollo, thing that will not happen . For using it on our build we'd have to start Apollo git and track it on our sources, pretty much a lot of work just for transparency on the widget.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread