Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 46,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Nikon DSLR Dashboard via USB V0.30.27 beta

Tip us?

gadjet0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Pity I've got a D3000 it doesn't seem to support anything llike this.

Jarrick
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Great idea for an app. I tried installing it, but keep getting a Force Close on vr0.11beta. What type of usb adapter is recommended for this to work? I've got my camera cable hooked up to the sgs2 cable via a female to female connector.

thehabos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrick View Post
Great idea for an app. I tried installing it, but keep getting a Force Close on vr0.11beta. What type of usb adapter is recommended for this to work? I've got my camera cable hooked up to the sgs2 cable via a female to female connector.
I use this
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/micro-u...ter-pair-50774

You also need Android 2.3.4.

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadjet0 View Post
Pity I've got a D3000 it doesn't seem to support anything llike this.
I didn't found any sdk for the D3000.

pbrown77
Old
Thanks Meter 9
First of all.. Great work. Once this is polished I will be sure to donate if that is possible... Or even better, you upload it to the market as a paid app.

Is it possible (or planned) to have the review screen come up on the SGS2 after a photo is taken and only be stored on the camera sd card with the phone only used to review the last photo taken? I am using a d7000.

thehabos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Default V0.13 beta

V0.13 beta changes:
  • Liveview should work with D5000 (confirmed), D5100, D7000 (confirmed), d300, d300s, d700, d90
  • rewrote the part that sends commands to camera (now it's lighter to link commands, also should work better, was working on this the past day)
  • added image preview with option to select what files will be keeped (images are always saved to DCIM/dslr as they are downloaded becouse it would be to much to keep them in memory. If you press the 'Keep selected' button the images that are selected will remain and added to media gallery and the rest will be deleted. The 'Delete selected' button does the oposit. You can click on the image to get a preview of it (will invoke external program - so if you have some application that handles nef files you can preview it). I have plans to extend this view so that you can browse the files that you already have in your DCIM/DSLR folder and to browse the files on your cameras sd/cf card
  • 'Stop service' will now disable liveview if enabled, switch to camera mode if host mode is selected and switch recording media back to sdcard (please use this option before you turn off you camera or unpluge the usb)

Over weekend I will be away, so new updates only during next week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehabos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ekoandrew
Old
Thanks Meter 29
everything working order, good keep up the good work.

btw works on Nikon D80 also.

Andrew

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
MyTouch3G 1.2 on ATT > LOST/STOLEN Vibrant from Car Accident > [Latest] HTC Desire HD + [Beloved] Samsung Galaxy Tab + [Awsome] iPad > Motorola XOOM [LOVE IT SO MUCH] > Samsung Galaxy S2 16G EU & 32G ASIA > Milestone 3 > Samsung Galaxy NOTE > Samsung Galaxy S3 + New iPad 64G + Cellular + Asus Padfone w/Tablet&Pen > Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 > iPhone5 (sold) > Asus Padfone 2 + Tablet > Nexus 4 > Nexus 5 > Nexus 7 > Nexus 7 (2013) > Sony Z > Sony Z1 > Sony Z1 Compact ( Dev )

[SMAN]
Old
(Last edited by [SMAN]; 17th September 2011 at 02:34 AM.) Reason: Found my answer.
Thanks Meter 6
So i downlaoded the app to test this with my d5000, everything works except for the live view. When i press it, it says "Liveview prohibition: The recording destination is the SD card". Am i to understand that this won't write to the internal memory and i must have an SD card for it to work or did i miss a setting somewhere?

EDIT: nevermind, i missed the button to change the destination. So the live view records as a video rather than a stream.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 - Android 4.04 - I747UCLG1 - KyanRom 1.15

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android 4.0.3 - I9100XXLPQ - SensatioN ROM Version 3.5 (Now Retired)

USA Dell Streak running Dell Android 2.2 (Build 318) (Now Retired)

HTC Tilt 2 - (Now Retired)
EnergyROM Standard for Rhodium - 23569 -June 26 - Sense 2.5
Radio: 4.49.25.95

thehabos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SMAN] View Post
So i downlaoded the app to test this with my d5000, everything works except for the live view. When i press it, it says "Liveview prohibition: The recording destination is the SD card". Am i to understand that this won't write to the internal memory and i must have an SD card for it to work or did i miss a setting somewhere?

EDIT: nevermind, i missed the button to change the destination. So the live view records as a video rather than a stream.
Yes, when D5000 is connected to your phone or PC to use the liveview option you must switch recording media to sdram. In liveview mode (D5000, must check others) you can only take a picture/pictures, the movie recording mode is not working when the camera is connected to phone/PC.

[SMAN]
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehabos View Post
Yes, when D5000 is connected to your phone or PC to use the liveview option you must switch recording media to sdram. In liveview mode (D5000, must check others) you can only take a picture/pictures, the movie recording mode is not working when the camera is connected to phone/PC.
Yes i understand that it can't record the video, what i was saying is that the way you implemented "live View" was by recording the output to video. I noticed a countdown timer that i assume is filling up my memory card. There is no way to do it as a stream that doesn't write to the phone?
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 - Android 4.04 - I747UCLG1 - KyanRom 1.15

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android 4.0.3 - I9100XXLPQ - SensatioN ROM Version 3.5 (Now Retired)

USA Dell Streak running Dell Android 2.2 (Build 318) (Now Retired)

HTC Tilt 2 - (Now Retired)
EnergyROM Standard for Rhodium - 23569 -June 26 - Sense 2.5
Radio: 4.49.25.95

thehabos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SMAN] View Post
Yes i understand that it can't record the video, what i was saying is that the way you implemented "live View" was by recording the output to video. I noticed a countdown timer that i assume is filling up my memory card. There is no way to do it as a stream that doesn't write to the phone?
Nop, it's not filling up the memory. The liveview image is pulled from the camera and after it was displayed it is discarded.
The timer you see is actually the camera timer:
Countdown every one second starting from 3600 (one hour) ; countdown starting from thirty seconds with a rise in temperature.

It's a camera protection so that it not overheat (actualy you have the same protection when the camera is not connected to PC/phone and you enter the liveview)