Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Nikon DSLR Dashboard via USB V0.30.27 beta

Tip us?

thehabos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilman79 View Post
hi bro, tried on version 25.6 up to latest 25.10, the live view setting was unchecked (i believe its default)... sorry to trouble u :)

btway, i was trying to use CM9 ICS 4.0.4 on my xperia arc, since i noticed dslrdashboard not working with that ROM (and no FM radio ), i did re-flash with a fresh ICS 4.0.1 by doomlord, and since then i couldnt use the dslrdashboard... do u think got something to do with it? thanks
According the log you posted, your camera was found as I wrote in my previous post.
Kernel also found the device
Code:
D/kernel  (  174): [  174.587219] usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using msm_hsusb_host and address 2
E/kernel  (  174): [  174.738922] usb 1-1: device v04b0 p0428 is not supported
D/kernel  (  174): [  174.738983] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=04b0, idProduct=0428
D/kernel  (  174): [  174.739044] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
D/kernel  (  174): [  174.739074] usb 1-1: Product: NIKON DSC D7000
D/kernel  (  174): [  174.739105] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: NIKON
D/kernel  (  174): [  174.739135] usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 000008036927
D/kernel  (  174): [  174.748626] usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
I only don't see this line by me when i connect my camera to phone

E/kernel ( 174): [ 174.738922] usb 1-1: device v04b0 p0428 is not supported

Did you get the main view with the camera properties?

hilman79
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehabos View Post
Did you get the main view with the camera properties?
yes bro, i can see all the camera properties once dashboard loaded... its only not functioning when i try to change any of them...

thehabos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilman79 View Post
yes bro, i can see all the camera properties once dashboard loaded... its only not functioning when i try to change any of them...
Can you check your camera if it is not in faulted mode by any chance?

abws4711 had a similar problem, he had all the properties but when he tried to change any of them the app hung.
Quote:
Hi ,
I found the problem with the crashed app on SG2 with CM9 and D7000.
The problem was a misplaced sd-card in the cam. Because of this sd-card the cam was in error mode and was able to connect to the app but not able to receive and fullfill cmds. Normaly this error is displayed in the display of the cam but because of conecting to the phone the cam dispalys are out of function and there is no chance to see this error.

I think it might be a good idea to check if it's possible to catch and display these cam-error in the app.

You can reproduce this problem by removing all sd-card from the cam and connect the cam to the app.

hilman79
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Can you check your camera if it is not in faulted mode by any chance?

abws4711 had a similar problem, he had all the properties but when he tried to change any of them the app hung.
i've seen his reply recently, as remember my cam was in order, anyway will try it soon since im outside at the moment, thanks bro :)

hilman79
Old
Thanks Meter 2
the app working fine now, thanks to u and abws4711 :)

found if any of sdcard slots is empty, the app wont work on D7000

vitriolix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Support the new Nikon dongle?

Wow, check this out:

http://nikon.com/news/2012/0419_wire...adapter_02.htm

It supports live view and remote control over wireless... wonder how hard it would be to get this working with this app?

kriguerr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Galaxy Note Stock BR Rom (2.3.5) + D5000
No way

Worked in another Galaxy Note with ICS, but not liveview and jammed sometimes.

mhomeijer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Status - will think about it how could be implemented

Sound triggered shooting - already implemented

Bulb mode is not available on Nikon dslr when in PTP mode

HDR - not sure what you mean here, bracketing already implemented. As of HDR processing, I think it is not meant for phones/tablets but rather more for PC's with more CPU power and memory. The Android applications are limited in resources they can use and processing 3,5 or more 12m or more pixel images would be to much.

image movement - maybe later when all the basic functionality works
Nikon D300 / Samsung Galaxy S II (Android 4.0.3 / XWLP7). It seems that 0.25.10 is more responsive and stable (I think the last one I installed was 0.25.07). The sound triggered shooting is now actually working on my phone (I tried some things but in previous version the application would stop responding a lot earlier).

I still think the status icon could be helpfull. Mostly because if you're not familliar with the app, it's hard to know what to expect. One thing that could help is seperate the "action" buttons from the "settings" buttons visually (just a thought).

Thanks for the app.
Michael

hoyui
Old
Thanks Meter 0
nice app!
But i meet fews problems
i using nikon D80 + GS2 with official(4.0.3)
1. the app can automatically start when connected to the D80 but no response and have to force close after. have any idea?
2. is it possible to review pics on the camera after a shot?

thehabos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyui View Post
nice app!
But i meet fews problems
i using nikon D80 + GS2 with official(4.0.3)
1. the app can automatically start when connected to the D80 but no response and have to force close after. have any idea?
2. is it possible to review pics on the camera after a shot?

1. Maybe if you post some logcat. (There is no SDK for D80 )
2. You mean to preview the image on phone that was stored on camera? For now only a preview is done, for full image preview like with the images taken to phone, the image must be first transfered to phone.