Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][22.09.2011][v1.1] NoMoarPowah! - Charging screen replacement - ROOT

Tip us?

Binary100100
Old
(Last edited by Binary100100; 15th July 2011 at 01:37 PM.)
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
By the way, if anyone has a custom design in mind, feel free to post a mock-up
Great work Chainfire! It works great on the Vibrant (as long as it's not running CM7) but I have a suggestion. I use the dock which charges the device in the landscape (270 degrees) orientation. Any chance on getting landscape orientation for future updates?

Also... would it help or hurt if you added the option to clear the batterystats.bin file to automatically recondition the battery?
Device(s) Info:

HTC Amaze 4G :
Energy ICS | Rooted | SIM Unlocked | HBOOT-1.93.2222 JuopunutBear S-OFF | Recovery 4ext | Kernel: HTC Stock

HTC EVO View 4G:
[ACS]CleverNameHere Rom RLS 1 (HC) | hboot 6.14.5556 | Revolutionary S-OFF | TWRP 1.0.3 Port

Samsung SGH-T959 Vibrant (unlocked) :
FFC v2 Mod
| Bionix NextGen 2 | Kernel: OverStock 2.4.1 | KB5 Modem | ClockworkMod Recovery

blankedout
Old
(Last edited by blankedout; 15th July 2011 at 02:45 PM.) Reason: found my own answer
Thanks Meter 0
i know binary just mentioned not to use it on cm7 on a vibrant, but any chance of it working with MIUI / CM7 with a I9000 ?

EDIT:

shame; doesn't work with MIUI (Yes, i know it's based somewhat off CM7, but i can hope)

will be looking forward to if you get it working, or when i get bored of it and go back to a normal rom 8P

frewys
Old
Thanks Meter 133

DONATE TO ME
Thanks! Will try it out when I get a chance. Really like the idea and from chainfire it just cant go wrong!! (:
I tried to find out if your kernel was needed.. But it don't look like..

>Magician> Wizard> Hermes> Diamond> Blackstone> Iphone 3GS> Nexus one> Galaxy S> Nexus S>GT-I9100>SGH-I747>SGH-i317>Nexus5>Bacon
ROM: Exploring Phase Currently cdDroid

If I help you in any way don't be afraid to use the thanks button.

dully79
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3045

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79 View Post
Tried this last night, chose option "power off, charge, wake at set time"........ It never woke and neither did I.
My girlfriend turned the charger off before wake time so it stopped running, I'll try again tonight.
So i tried again, this time it wasn't unplugged and it worked fine.
Thanks Jedi chainfire, you really are the man with the golden touch, have a nice weekend.

shisux
Old
(Last edited by shisux; 16th July 2011 at 11:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you a million times for this! This is so awesome.

I see a lot of replies describing this as "silly", which it certainly is, but it can also be very useful for some. For me it brought back the only feature I've missed from my decade old Nokia feature phones: being able to shut them off completely for the night, and still have the alarm wake me up in the morning.
It's also really great if your battery runs out, and you leave it to charge. Now you don't need to worry about forgetting to turn it back on again. Awesomesauce.

I was already damn impressed with the OpenGL-tweak app and the dmesg/logcat bootscreens, but this is, to me, even more amazing and awesome, can't thank you enough Chainfire.

I realize actual brightness changing would be a hassle, but as you've stated in the thread, for AMOLED-screens, simply changing the color from white to a darker gray would achieve the same result. I'd love to see a feature like this, nothing fancy - something like "use darker graphics" when installing the system files etc would be appreciated. Also, it'd already help immensely, if there was an option to disable the logo (brightest part of the screen, at least for me) from being displayed.

Again, great app. Even if you did code it as more of a joke than anything else, it's really useful for me at least, and I'll have you know I'd gladly have paid double the price I paid for it. I ended up just sending a small donation instead through the link in your signature, instead.

Keep working on awesome stuff like this from time to time, the Android ecosystem needs a dozen more developers like you!

e: dammit, missed the last few pages of the thread, I see the images can be modded quite easily.

e2: quickly batchedited together a darker imageset, all images (except for the check-marks, I didn't like how they turned out and couldn't be bothered to do them by hand at 2am) are at 50% brightness, and I quickly masked the text from the logo and removed the background. Install through CWM (install script stolen wholesale from ironheart) or manually copy the images over.

It doesn't look great but gets the job done, if I have a couple of minutes free tomorrow I'll try and whip up something a bit more decent.

Here's a rough idea of what it looks like:
Attached Files
File Type: zip NoMoarPowah-imageset_OLEDDark.zip - [Click for QR Code] (201.7 KB, 239 views)

nightranger73
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Hi Chainfire.... I understand how difficult and frustrating could be coding apps at such lower level... but as you already provided the code for the reboot button what do you think about adding just 2 more small buttons for recovery mode (R) and download mode (D)?
Maybe in a donate/pro version?

Sent from my GT-I9100

If you find this post usefull pleas
e press the "Thanks" button
Phones:
Galaxy S I9000 CM10
Galaxy SII I9100 CM10.1 ICS
HTC One X CM10.1
Galaxy Note II N7100 CM10.1

Tablets:
Galaxy Tab P7500 CM10.1
ASUS TF300TG CM10.1

fluidz
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Very original, thanks Chainfire.. Keep up the fresh ideas and you'll be a rich rich man.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

rugbydroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Working on that. I had a possible fix already included but it appears it is not sufficient. The problem here is that in the charging mode both the current time and timezone differ, but not in the same way across devices. It is inconsistent. I fear the only way to truly fix it may be to have an option in the Android app to adjust the time manually.
I love this app. Thanks Chainsfire.

I too am seeing a different time when charging other than the current. I think the manual fix would be awesome.

Very neat idea, would love to see this app grow! Thanks again.

xinfinityoO
Old
Thanks Meter 430
@ Chainfire

Just a suggestion..if possible

how about adding an option to delete battery stats/bin file once phone is charged to 100% and then delete those files and boot..

would help battery calibration..and make it much easier..

thanks
ROM: Stock GNG1 - Rooted
Kernel: Ultimate 52
Knoxed | Xposed Framework User

Please click on the "Thanks" button if I have helped you in any way.

Chainfire
Old
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? - OP
Thanks Meter 49266

DONATE TO ME
Noted for the next update (which wont be until next week at the earliest, unfortunately)
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
LG G Pad 8.3, G Watch, G3
Moto E
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005, G900F
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7*2, N10, N7-2013, N7-2013-3G, N5

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.