Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Ntfs Mounter - Automatically mount NTFS/EXT formated USB Sticks and SD Cards

Tip us?

Kwull
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone201 View Post
You're loading fuse now?
Yes

Kwull
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
0.3 version has been attached to the first post.
But I suggest install it from the market, I can forget to upload fresh apk here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kwull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmaccc
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwull View Post
Siyah, N.E.A.K and some other kernels support has been added. Please let me know if it is not working on these kernels.
The app should be updated from the market
ok that just made my day!!!
YES!!!! thank you bro!
working with my neak 2.0.4
regards,

The Beast

inferno17x
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Hi Kwull, thank you for the app I have tried the new version on Siyah kernel it works however I don't get the prompt to unmount NTFS from the notification.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

XtazyMike
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Works like a charm, thank you sir!!

Kwull
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno17x View Post
Hi Kwull, thank you for the app I have tried the new version on Siyah kernel it works however I don't get the prompt to unmount NTFS from the notification.
I will take a look at this, on next version
man life | grep sense
Ntfs Mounter

RippeR37
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno17x View Post

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
It's becouse it's not safe to disconnect usb disc or anything else if you mount it as Read/Write becouse writing on it with ntfs-3g and/or fuse and if u disconnect it in bad moment you may lose your data (all or just the added file) or your file system could be corrupteded i guess. It's only what i have heard/read some time ago, so I may not be right

In simple speaking - it's better to unmount device when you are about to unplug it Most times nothing will happen (tested) but there is risk. This is why that app is so great - notification placed there to easy unmount it when i want to unplug it

Tye:P
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Will this allow me to mount storage (USB\External HDD) as RW using NTFS-3G?
If not how would I do this manually?

I'm using Siyah kernel and as it automatically mounts DAMN EVERYTHING external as RO from the beginning no matter what I've tried it won't allow me to remount as RW.

The linux kernel NTFS is really pissing me off with it's pointless write capabilites or should I say lack of? Having my drives mounted as RW is very important to me and I have searched through XDA and just about everywhere else and can't seem to find how to mount a USB flash drive or external HDD with FULL RW CAPABILITES using ntfs-3g with Siyah kernel.

PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S. I noticed gokhanmoral mentioned putting the device to sleep and then unmounting then remounting using ntfs-3g I think, how do I do this?

Kwull
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye:P View Post
Will this allow me to mount storage (USB\External HDD) as RW using NTFS-3G?
The app should do this automatically. Have you tried?
man life | grep sense
Ntfs Mounter

Tye:P
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwull View Post
The app should do this automatically. Have you tried?
It does not mount to the location specified in the app (sdcard/usbstorage).
Siyah automatically mounts it to /mnt/usbdisk using the native linux ntfs driver.
I don't really think I know what I'm doing but ntfs-3g was recently taken out, so I added it manually to /system/bin and it appears to function as it should and fuse.ko is in the kernel already. I can remount it using ntfs-3g manually but only RO, I can never get it to mount RW. This is also what happened when ntfs-3g was included with Siyah. I've asked on the Siyah development thread a few times but I've got no answer as yet, hence the frustration. I've been at this awhile.

Tags
mount, ntfs, otg, sd card, usb