Prompt

[New App] X-Ray For Android Scans Your Device For Root Vulnerabilities, Unfortunately

23rd July 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Abbottabad
Thanks Meter: 1,249

1,144 posts
More

We've all read the horror stories: a new virus is crawling through the third-party stores, aiming to steal your personal information, identity, and first born child. More often than not, this type of malicious app is made possible because of one of the various root vulnerabilities that have been discovered throughout the various versions of Android.
X-Ray is a new app that lets you see exactly how vulnerable your device is by scanning it against several of these exploits, including RageAgainstTheCage, Gingerbreak, Mempodroid, Levitator, and a few more.
It's extremely easy to use: simply install it and run a scan. It will run through each exploit in a matter of minutes and display whether or not the device is vulnerable

Ultimately, it's good to know what exploits, if any, your device is vulnerable to. The more you know, the easier it is to keep your device protected.
X-Ray is completely free (but not in the Play Store)

here is download lin

http://www.xray.io/
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to NOMIOMI For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 12:38 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Abbottabad
Thanks Meter: 1,249

1,144 posts
More
its great app
24th July 2012, 12:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Galati
Thanks Meter: 215

804 posts
More
Waiting for more reviews...

Sent from my SGS2 - I9100 powered by a SensatioN (al) 3.5 Rom
24th July 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

5 posts
X-Ray author here, happy to answer any questions folks have!

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

For reference, Duo Security is the company behind X-Ray: duosecurity.com

We've do a fair bit of Android security research, if that helps lend to the credibility of the app. blog.duosecurity.com/category/android/

I figured out this thread subscription crud (/me is xda n00b), so I'll hopefully be able to reply to any questions.

EDIT: Gah, I can't post links since my account is too new. Just copy-paste if you're interested.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonojono For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2012, 05:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Marshfield,WI
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
i installed this app on my phone. All it does is turns my phone off when i press scan.

I am currently on android 4.0.3 UHLPS (ICS) with Siyah Kernal 3.4. Is this unique to my phone ?
13th August 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 40

594 posts
More
I'll download and install. Let you know how it goes I'm using my Xperia Play R800x on official CM9 RC2 with the official kernel. Hope I can help.

As was expected, no vulnerabilities. The CM team is awesome
Last edited by brainard52; 13th August 2012 at 08:36 PM.
13th August 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 124

453 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonojono

X-Ray author here, happy to answer any questions folks have!

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

For reference, Duo Security is the company behind X-Ray: duosecurity.com

We've do a fair bit of Android security research, if that helps lend to the credibility of the app. blog.duosecurity.com/category/android/

I figured out this thread subscription crud (/me is xda n00b), so I'll hopefully be able to reply to any questions.

EDIT: Gah, I can't post links since my account is too new. Just copy-paste if you're interested.

See on CM foruns that a user running CM9 has mempodroid vulnerability, i think this will occurs to all users that are using this custom rom, right?

What we need to worry about Memopdroid Vulnerability on CM9 Stable release?

Thank you in advance
Last edited by edbertin; 13th August 2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Misspelled sentence
13th August 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
So what can I do if my phone is vulnerable?
13th August 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #9  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 3

65 posts
More
Thanks Rep, great to have, Xoom is OK but the D3 is vunerable w/Gingerbreak. No problem,I'll take care of that. Your XRay showed this so to all this is an item worth having.
14th August 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 38

266 posts
More
Re: download: possible so that visitors to your site main page click on download the apk downloads? why have them type in xray.io/dl?

anyway, downloaded and installed on HTC one X running ARHD 9.1.
Nothing found!

The Following User Says Thank You to stevengw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread