FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Applications Safe To Remove

19,400 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,363
 
By pulser_g2, Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer on 8th May 2011, 10:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th May 2011, 02:07 PM |#101  
Senior Member
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Can someone confirm what the following do:

PCWDevice
SyncmIDS
Com.sec.android.providers.downloads

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
 
 
28th May 2011, 09:23 PM |#102  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Can someone confirm, what is the app name for Car Mode what actives for me all the time. It drives me crazy! And all voice commands related, are they all safe to remove from the phone?
28th May 2011, 10:32 PM |#103  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuWa

Can someone confirm, what is the app name for Car Mode what actives for me all the time. It drives me crazy! And all voice commands related, are they all safe to remove from the phone?

I think you have activated the driving mode in the voice commando. Just turn it off.
28th May 2011, 10:59 PM |#104  
Senior Member
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMathMan

Can someone confirm what the following do:

PCWDevice
SyncmIDS
Com.sec.android.providers.downloads

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App


I don't know for the first and for the 3rd, but I froze the 2nd and as soon as I froze it auto brightness stopped working.

As soon as I defrost it, it started working again.. So..
29th May 2011, 02:38 AM |#105  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I uninstalled the Hubs to start with... can't possible think those are needed. If you have some common knowledge about android you should "know" what to remove.
29th May 2011, 04:48 AM |#106  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Hmm I decided to freeze some apps in TB and I've noticed something different. Whenever I reboot my phone, the battery usage stats are wiped.

I froze the following apps:

Buddies now 1.0 - defrosted and rebooted this wasn't the problem
com.orange.authentication.simcarc - neither was this
Kobo 2.6.422
SNS 1.5
SNS disclaimer 1.0
SNSAccountFb 1.0
SNSAccountLi 1.0
SNSAccountMs 1.0
SNSAccountTw 1.0
SnsImageCache 1.0
Zinio Reader 1.0.0309

None of these apps seem like they would affect that. Anyone have any ideas?
29th May 2011, 08:54 AM |#107  
Junior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMathMan

Can someone confirm what the following do:

Com.sec.android.providers.downloads

GPRS connection
29th May 2011, 08:55 AM |#108  
B3311's Avatar
Senior Member
Gelderd End, 1974
Thanks Meter: 678
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandenk0

Hmm I decided to freeze some apps in TB and I've noticed something different. Whenever I reboot my phone, the battery usage stats are wiped.

I froze the following apps:

Buddies now 1.0 - defrosted and rebooted this wasn't the problem
com.orange.authentication.simcarc - neither was this
Kobo 2.6.422
SNS 1.5
SNS disclaimer 1.0
SNSAccountFb 1.0
SNSAccountLi 1.0
SNSAccountMs 1.0
SNSAccountTw 1.0
SnsImageCache 1.0
Zinio Reader 1.0.0309

None of these apps seem like they would affect that. Anyone have any ideas?

I uninstalled - didn't freeze - all the above, except the Orange process, which I don't have, and my battery stats show fine.

Frozen/uninstalled anything else?
29th May 2011, 09:56 AM |#109  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkis

I think you have activated the driving mode in the voice commando. Just turn it off.

No I have never even touch it and it always comes back. I have all disabled there in voice commands, but it always comes to pop out!!!!
29th May 2011, 04:49 PM |#110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3311

I uninstalled - didn't freeze - all the above, except the Orange process, which I don't have, and my battery stats show fine.

Frozen/uninstalled anything else?

I've frozen other things but, I froze them a week ago and never had any problems. It started happening right after I froze those few more apps.
29th May 2011, 05:42 PM |#111  
budco2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
I delete/uninstall the obvious, ones i'm not sure about, I use titanium backup and freeze the apps/programs in question. I only do a couple at a time so if you get a sudden problem right away, your not trying to defrost 15 things for one force close. Titanium is the best and safest way to experiment i think.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes