5,605,438 Members 43,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] StartingAlertService Wakelock (TouchWizCalendar.apk)

Tip us?

rodries
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrehj View Post
@rodries.

After replacing the original TouchWizCalendar.apk by yours from the first post, I'm still getting wakelocks from Agenda (Dutch for Calendar). See the first picture. Batterylife is OK though (see the second picture). Also, I noticed that the APK's (my original and yours) differ almost 200 KB in size (see the third picture). Therefore my kind request: would you be so kind to modify my original TouchWizCalendar.apk (attached to this post)?

My current firmware versions are (Android 2.3.6):
- PDA : I9100XWKK2
- PHONE : I9100XXKI4
- CSC : I9100XENKJ1
Build Info : Fri Nov 11 18:05:58 KST 2011
Try to use this apk and comment
Remember to reset battery stats to be sure problem is fixed
The size is not important I've compressed the apk with 9
Attached Files
File Type: apk TouchWizCalendar.apk - [Click for QR Code] (783.2 KB, 168 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodries For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andrehj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks! Just installed this apk successfully. Rebooted the S2 and charged it fully (is there a faster way to reset the wakelock counters?). At this moment the partial wakelock screen in BetterBatteryStats only shows sleep_broadcast and ActivityManager-Launch items, both with 1s.

Will keep you updated.

borrego
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi rodries ,

Would you be so kind to patch my ZSXXKI3 TouchWizCalendar?
Attached Files
File Type: rar TouchWizCalendar.rar - [Click for QR Code] (589.8 KB, 19 views)

rodries
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks! Just installed this apk successfully. Rebooted the S2 and charged it fully (is there a faster way to reset the wakelock counters?). At this moment the partial wakelock screen in BetterBatteryStats only shows sleep_broadcast and ActivityManager-Launch items, both with 1s.

Will keep you updated.
You can reset the batt stats in recovery mode

rodries
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrego View Post
Hi rodries ,

Would you be so kind to patch my ZSXXKI3 TouchWizCalendar?
I think the apk from post 41 will work fine. Test & comment. If it doesn't work I'll patch your apk.

andrehj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Calendar causes wakelocks without reminders?

After a promising start (this morning at 10 AM there were no wakelocks generated by Calendar), I just looked at my S2 and found out that StartingAlertService had caused 29minutes of wakelocks...

But the strange thing is: Because of the Christmas holidays I have no appointments with reminders in my calendar today.

To test this theory I made a test-appointment with a reminder. This reminder has been in the notification bar (on the top of the screen) for 80 minutes now, and the wakelocks counter has not increased since...

So it looks like there is not just one process in TouchWizCalendar.apk causing these wakelocks, but also a different (unfound and unfixed) process.
How do I find out which process?

borrego
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodries View Post
I think the apk from post 41 will work fine. Test & comment. If it doesn't work I'll patch your apk.
Thank you. I tried and it works!

Just want to confirm again: It is right to remove the original TouchWizCalendar.odex file and leave the patched apk file in the /system/app directory?

rodries
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
After a promising start (this morning at 10 AM there were no wakelocks generated by Calendar), I just looked at my S2 and found out that StartingAlertService had caused 29minutes of wakelocks...

But the strange thing is: Because of the Christmas holidays I have no appointments with reminders in my calendar today.

To test this theory I made a test-appointment with a reminder. This reminder has been in the notification bar (on the top of the screen) for 80 minutes now, and the wakelocks counter has not increased since...

So it looks like there is not just one process in TouchWizCalendar.apk causing these wakelocks, but also a different (unfound and unfixed) process.
How do I find out which process?
It's weird, I use calendar a lot and wakelock is fixed.
Try to clear dalvik & cache & batt stats from recovery mode.
I've checked android sources and I've found StartingAlertService in calendar only, maybe I'm wrong.

rodries
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrego View Post
Thank you. I tried and it works!

Just want to confirm again: It is right to remove the original TouchWizCalendar.odex file and leave the patched apk file in the /system/app directory?
I only use deodexed rom, not sure how odexed roms works, I don't know if you can mix odexed & deodexed apks

andrehj
Old
(Last edited by andrehj; 28th December 2011 at 06:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodries View Post
It's weird, I use calendar a lot and wakelock is fixed.
Try to clear dalvik & cache & batt stats from recovery mode.
I've checked android sources and I've found StartingAlertService in calendar only, maybe I'm wrong.
You're not wrong, according to BetterBatteryStats the StartingAlertService came from Calendar.
Throught Google I've found that I can get in recovery mode when I press Home, Vol Up and Power simultaneously. This worked. However, then I only have these options:
- Reboot (want to do that later)
- Apply update from SD-card (don't want that)
- Wipe data / Factory reset (definitely don't want that)
- Wipe cache partition

Is this last option the cache you are mentioning? But what about Dalvik? What is that?

Edit: Did some googling and found a directory /data/dalvik-cache. Can I simply delete all files in this directory and reboot?