5,606,530 Members 33,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Debrand & Rebrand back to O2 for Samsung Galaxy S2

Tip us?

jutley
Old
(Last edited by jutley; 31st July 2012 at 11:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Default [GUIDE] Debrand & Rebrand back to O2 for Samsung Galaxy S2

STEP 1- Download Odin V1.83 here http://hotfile.com/dl/116095613/1d3d...v1.83.exe.html This will be used for flashing files later.

STEP 2- Download Kies here http://www.samsungapps.com/about/onP...UNTRY_CODE=GBR This will install the usb drivers needed for the flashing so install after downloaded.

STEP 3- Download Latest samsung UK Simfree firmware here http://www.multiupload.co.uk/LSLRGURR57 There is no Password Just put extract the .tar file in the zip archive and put it as the PDA in odin and reboot your phone to download mode

STEP 4- Connect the USB cable and Turn your device on with volume down, action and power pressed - press 'up' at the warning prompt Run the Odin EXE you just extracted from the ZIP.

STEP 5- Only 1 file must be loaded in the PDA box the file as follows For PDA load, I9100XWKDD_I9100XXKDH_I9100XEUKD1_HOME.TAR
NOTE(PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE PIC BELOW AND AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU REPLICATE THE SAME SETTINGS AS IN THE PIC AND YOUR GOOD TO GO)

STEP 6- You should have a yellow box on the left side in Odin if you have followed this guide this means you are ready to flash. Please make sure your battery is full wait for any drivers to load and the yellow box on the left should be there if it isnt you have not installed Kies STEP 2 if you have the yellow box on left proceed by pressing start on Odin and relax.

STEP 7- Odin will display a progress meter on Odin and on the phone be patient while it flashes all the required files once done it will reboot the phone and goodbye o2 logo on boot and shutdown. When the phone finally boots back complete setup. And there you have it a fully debranded samsung galaxy s2 hope it was easy to follow enjoy.

STEP 8- One last final step is to change your CSC code by typing this code in the phone dialer *#272*<your IMEI># (the code will be listed at the top of the screen. If you're coming from O2 PAYG handset it should say O2U. Now Enter recovery (volume up, home, power keys together) and do a factory reset and choose reboot phone Check your CSC code again Hopefully it will now say XEU

Rebrand your firmware back to O2 original firmware for warranty purpose or you just want to go back to o2 original rom download it here http://www.multiupload.com/VHX20NJEAP There is no password extract the zip file to the desktop you should end up with I9100XWKDD_I9100XXKDH_I9100O2UKD1_HOME.TAR The procedure is the same as above just start from STEP 4 above skip STEP 8 use the same settings as shown in the pic below enjoy.

FIRMWARE INFO

Model: I9100
latest official UK firmware
PDA:XWKDD
PHONE: XXKDH
CSC:XEUKD1 (XEU csc)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Odin.jpg
Views:	7082
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	589277  
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
JupiterDroid Old
Thanks Meter
Wonderful Mate

Will be doing this tomorrow morning))

Now just have to find a reputable company for GSM unlock

JD

winwiz
Old
Thanks Meter 623
thank you for the guide!

I have rooted my samsung, if I do this will I lose the root?

jutley
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
yes you will loose it but reaply the root aand the kernell.

WeeJockMacFeegle
Old
Thanks Meter 8
What will we see instead of the o2 logo on boot/shutdown after flashing?

Is this the only o2 branding on the S2?
SPV E200 --> SPV C500 --> SPV C550 --> MDA Compact II --> Mitac Mio A701 --> Vario III --> HTC Touch HD --> HTC Desire --> Samsung Galaxy S2 --> LG 4X HD --> Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10600
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJockMacFeegle View Post
What will we see instead of the o2 logo on boot/shutdown after flashing?

Is this the only o2 branding on the S2?
Bootscreen is the only branding. You should see stock sammy one now

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4

Crucio_
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Is the kernell in that pack KERNEL_I9100XWKDF_CL170898_REV02_user_low_ship.tar .md5? is that the one we flash once we have rooted to get rid of the yellow !

EDIT

Nice guide ^^

narcoustic
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Mobileunlocked.Co.UK cost me 14.99 and the code was sent within about 10mins. Highly recommended

stuclark
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucio_ View Post
Is the kernell in that pack KERNEL_I9100XWKDF_CL170898_REV02_user_low_ship.tar .md5? is that the one we flash once we have rooted to get rid of the yellow !
Yes, that's right!
The Following User Says Thank You to stuclark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cTrox
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoustic View Post
Mobileunlocked.Co.UK cost me 14.99 and the code was sent within about 10mins. Highly recommended
Why would you do that if you can just do it like described in this post for free?