Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,164 Members 39,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide/Tutorial][17/06/12]How to make "basic" theming mods + .9.png tutorial

Tip us?
 
manishdev
Old
#151  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 361
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
You'll have to use the xmls from your device, have I answered this previously???

And thanks Mikey for helping out
Yup u did answer a part of it just the doubt was how do i make des xmls universal? I know i can port them but then dey become firmware dependent and how do i make them universal
 
dully79
Old
#152  
dully79's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,169
Posts: 2,705
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Durham/Liverpool

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishdev View Post
Yup u did answer a part of it just the doubt was how do i make des xmls universal? I know i can port them but then dey become firmware dependent and how do i make them universal
Let's say you want to make progress_horizontal universal...

*Get YOUR framework-res.apk
*Decompile
*Open up progress_horizontal with NotePad++
*Make your edits and save
*Compile
*Pull the compiled xml out of your new apk and add it to the universal theme zip in the correct path.
The Following User Says Thank You to dully79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stone_ship
Old
#153  
stone_ship's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 178
Posts: 506
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Binghamton, NY
Hi dully,
I am wondering does anyone know where to change the layout for the dialer buttons (call, message, etc.)?
I was able to hide the video call icon with Pako7's PUMa utility, but I also want to swap the location of the Call button and the Message buttons in this AOSP GB theme (screenshot).

I tried Contacts.apk/res/layout/dialer_app.xml and was not successful. Any help would be appreciated!

 
dully79
Old
#154  
dully79's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,169
Posts: 2,705
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Durham/Liverpool

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_ship View Post
Hi dully,
I am wondering does anyone know where to change the layout for the dialer buttons (call, message, etc.)?
I was able to hide the video call icon with Pako7's PUMa utility, but I also want to swap the location of the Call button and the Message buttons in this AOSP GB theme (screenshot).

I tried Contacts.apk/res/layout/dialer_app.xml and was not successful. Any help would be appreciated!
Have you tried main.xml?
 
manishdev
Old
#155  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 361
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79 View Post
Let's say you want to make progress_horizontal universal...

*Get YOUR framework-res.apk
*Decompile
*Open up progress_horizontal with NotePad++
*Make your edits and save
*Compile
*Pull the compiled xml out of your new apk and add it to the universal theme zip in the correct path.
Thanks a lot got it
 
stone_ship
Old
#156  
stone_ship's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 178
Posts: 506
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Binghamton, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79 View Post
Have you tried main.xml?
Hmm, where is that? I dont seem to have it...
 
dully79
Old
#157  
dully79's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,169
Posts: 2,705
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Durham/Liverpool

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_ship View Post
Hmm, where is that? I dont seem to have it...
Me neither lol, I must have been thinking of something else.

It's quite hard to try and track down on my phone but looking inside drawable-hdpi there seems to be some xmls named after the buttons, maybe looking inside these might help to trace?!
 
stone_ship
Old
#158  
stone_ship's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 178
Posts: 506
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Binghamton, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79 View Post
Me neither lol, I must have been thinking of something else.

It's quite hard to try and track down on my phone but looking inside drawable-hdpi there seems to be some xmls named after the buttons, maybe looking inside these might help to trace?!
Thanks I will post back if I get it right. I am sure it must be in dialer_app.xml.
 
stone_ship
Old
#159  
stone_ship's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 178
Posts: 506
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Binghamton, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_ship View Post
Thanks I will post back if I get it right. I am sure it must be in dialer_app.xml.
Yup, it is in dialer_app.xml. It wasn't working for me b/c I was using a Hyperdroid apk that must've had the multidpi mod. Used a clean apk and it worked out well:

 
maskerwsk
Old
(Last edited by maskerwsk; 29th February 2012 at 09:20 AM.)
#160  
maskerwsk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,481
Posts: 1,248
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sheffield

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1keyb View Post
Having a proper look now i'll update this post with the info

dully is correct



yellow - systemui - quickpanel_quick_launch_background
red - systemui - title_bar_portrait.9
blue - systemui - quickpanel_title_background.9
green - framework-res - status_bar_item_background_normal
thanks for the help but i must be doing something wrong, just tried modding all the files above and still i get the dark bar. is there any chance any1 could send me a theme folder that will perform this mod? just for the green areas on your picture.
would be appriciated

edit - got it working now framework folder was not in correct place,
thanks for the help

Tags
brilliant help, dully is a legend, editing .9.png, how to theme android
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes